My wife and I travelled to Pedralva after reading a review in a newspaper. We weren't aware of just how isolated the area is, and just how necessary a car is to get around... fortunately, after laughing at our slight lack of preparation (neither of us can drive so a hire car was out of the question as well) the staff at Aldeia da Pedralva were incredibly helpful at helping us plan our stay
The morning after our arrival we were given a tour of the area including the nearby beaches, and dropped off at a nearby town complete with the phone number of a local, english-speaking taxi driver in our pocket so we could get back easily. Nothing was too much for the staff, and they were so friendly it actually made us feel a little guilty for being so ill prepared.
The village itself is beautiful, incredibly peaceful, hidden away in green countryside and lovingly restored (not at all touristy). The houses are very clean, spacious and have everything you need. The village shop is great for those everyday things like bread, snacks, drinks etc and the pizza restaurant is very handy if you don't want to travel away from the village for something to eat.
The beaches are very close by and we had a great day of surfing lessons after were we personally driven to the school and introduced to the teachers by Antonio.
To top it all off, the village is home to a huge and lovable dog who is even friendlier than the staff!
I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Hell, I'd probably live there given the opportunity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- More than an Hotel, a typical village experience. Alojamento, Turismo de Aldeia, Turismo Activo, Restaurante, Centro de Actividades, Aluguer de Bicicletas, Aluguer de Pranchas, Aulas de Surf, Btt, Caminhada, Mergulho, Trilhos de Btt, Trilhos Caminhada, Observacao de aves, Hikking, Trekking, Tourism Village, Hiking Village, Biking Village, Bike Hotel, Surf Village, Birdwatching Village ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Aldeia da Pedralva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldeia Da Pedralva Tourism Village Hotel Vila Do Bispo
- Aldeia Da Pedralva Portugal/Algarve - Vila Do Bispo