“Great spot if you need to be on the West Shore”

Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Langford
Reviewed 28 July 2011

The room was great (had a large corner room with balcony). Nice views to mountains, and ver close to all shopping. The lobby is nicely redone. The elevators and hallways look like they are the next to be upgraded.

All in all this is a good hotel for the price if you need to be west of Victoria.

Apparently the on-site restaurant is excellent although i never made it. Be awarer that if your meetings run late there is nothing to eat locally after 9:30. If you're still on EST time then this is dinner time!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank DrewTravels
lolowilson, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2011

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to share your great experience on Trip Advisor. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the Corner Junior Suite - it's so nice to wake up to a view of the mountains! We look forward to welcoming you again next time your business travels bring you to Victoria.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

Four Points by Sheraton is quite far from Victoria (about 10 minutes on the main highway) and is due for a makeover. However, I am relatively content due to the amazing price I secured from Hotwire.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I booked months in advance on a birthday rate promotion. Upon checking in, I had to ask my rate. She confirmed the promotion rate.
On check out morning, I found my bill under the door with the full rate charged!! I went down to the front desk, but the woman din't know how to credit the $158.00 mistake. She would tell the manager as soon as she arrived that morning and email me the corrected bill. She said that the charge was not processed yet.
Well, I never heard from them. After my vacation, I checked my credit card statement and I had been billed the wrong amount. i had to notify the manager myself. It did get corrected.
The rooms were nice. Lousy view. Either a Costco or the bar patio and parking lot.
Restaurant was down in a dungeon and kids under 19 can not eat at the restaurant because of liquor laws. They would have to get take out and eat in their room or in the hallway outside the restaurant.
The 10 mile or so drive was too long. Lots of traffic and sometimes construction.
I would recommend staying in town and avoiding the drive.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank KarenKearney
Reviewed 14 June 2011

My wife & I spent two nights in this hotel while visiting Victoria city .

We drive there and had a little difficulty finding it with GPS, although it was near the main roads . When we arrived , the view and the place of the hotel was very nice, it seems to be a quiet cozy hotel among a jungle.

We had booked it with a special low prize with Expedia and checking in was very fast.Our room was in the second floor . Very clean and comfortable, with big TV, nice view of the background jungle area and very quiet indeed. Bathroom was also very nice and clean. All the modern facilities were available and everything looks new.

We went down for dinner and there was a very pleasant pub, full of local people , mostly middle aged and families with very good foods. The atmosphere was superb.

Next morning we went for breakfast, also good choices of food for breakfast or brunch . After that we went out for a little walk in the jungle (or park , very natural ) just in front of the hotel.

They where families with children staying in hotel , children where in lobby but honestly as we where in second floor and where out most of the days, it doesn't bother us at all .

Our only problem was the place of the hotel , 10-15 min. drive to the city and a little far from everything.

Room Tip: Good if you like to stay far from city crowd !
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank drshervin
Reviewed 13 May 2011

Everything about our stay was superb! The hotel is squeeky clean (spotless), extremely modern and excellent quality. We travel very frequently and this was an outstanding hotel with a high level of comfort. Rooms were quiet and the ammenities were excellent. Staff were SUPER helpful and very friendly. Excellent value and super comfortable. Definately worth the stay and considering that I am a very picky consumer with high expectations, this hotel out did all of them!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank frequenttraveler0102
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Staff truly made our stay a memorable one. Very good suggestions on restaurants and sights, staff extremely helpful and courteous, rooms very clean and very well appointed. Thoroughly enjoyable stay, great sleep and great value.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2011

The Sheraton on McCallum Rd. was a great stay, away from the downtown core, yet convenient for meals, walking around Vic,etc. Upon arrival, the clerk at the desk greeted us even though it was close to midnight, he also told us about a birthday discount that they had and automatically applied it to our bill. He upgraded our room as well.

Our room had a jaccuzi tub, large flat screen TV's in the living rooma nd the bedroom(much to my husbands delight). I like to fall asleep listening to music or the TV so this was perfect!.Nice to have really good TV's!

We were there for 5 days and it was an amazing stay. The staff was so friendly and felt like we had known them for so long. The clerk during the night was amazing. I gt sick one night from the food we had eaten out in Vic and she helped us through it all with meds and checking in. She was AMAZING!!!!!

Our room had a nice quite view of local mountains and a far reaching vista of the island, which was much nicer than being crowded in downtown.

One feature I have mentioned already and really like at the McCallum Road location is the parking. Lots of the downtown hotels have next to nothing for parking and what's there is underground or seems to have a lot of questionable characters in the area. No questionable people anywhere about here, it's out of the city, just far enough. We felt quite secure and parked it in the well lit open parking lot, directly off the main entrance. I really like it when my vehicle is secure.
I would use a GPS to find McCallum if it's dark and rainy, as it's a short little road, off the island highway, but it's a nice quiet corner in a busy world and worth the extra 10 minutes from town to get to. We will be returning for my husbands 30th birthday as it has become a trip we will never forget. Room 302 will always be in our hearts. We have recommended this hotel to each and everyone of our friends and people we know that are going to victoria.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mrspandherghali
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langford
Burnside
Ramada Victoria
Ramada Victoria
#44 of 46 in Victoria
Hotel Grand Pacific
#13 of 46 in Victoria
Oak Bay Beach Hotel
#3 of 46 in Victoria

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway? Share your experiences!