“Pleasantly Surprised”

Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Langford
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I recently stayed two nights at the Four Points for business and was pleasantly surprised by how beautiful the hotel was. My room was spacious and clean, the bed was extremely comfortable. I opted in to receive the $5 off a meal option versus house keeping coming in the following day. I used my $5 off to enjoy a breakfast at the Taphouse Restaurant prior to checking out.

My only minor complaint was that my room was only equipped with a shower ... it was a gorgeous, large shower but my preference is to soak in a hot bath after a long day. Had I known before checking in that there was not a bath in my room, I would have requested one. I had to meet a friend in downtown Victoria right after I checked in or else I would have requested a room with a tub. By the time I got back from downtown, I was too tire to request switching rooms. The shower was nice but I missed my soak ;)

Room Tip: See my note regarding room with no bath tubs
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank rabgal
Amanda C, ~ Guest Service Champion at Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2012

Dear Rbgal

I’m happy to hear that you our rooms to be spacious and clean. Our signature Four Comfort Beds provide a wonderfully restful sleep. The rooms do vary here at the Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway to offer our guest the option of a bath tub or large shower. We’d be happy to add your request for bathtubs into your SPG guest profile upon request to ensure that your preferences are always being addressed while traveling within the Starwood hotels and resorts. Please, never hesitate to call us at the hotel to speak to one of our Front Desk Agents about your future reservations or assisting in your profile update.

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway

Reviewed 26 November 2012

Sure, you can pay triple the price and have a few nicer furnishings, full-time bell boys and a five star restaurant. If however that is not 100% imperative (which it certainly isn't for me), there is no better hotel on Vancouver Island (and definitely not in Victoria) than the FOUR POINTS. What makes them great? One word: Staff. The team at the front desk (namely Amanda during the day and Kristin at night) are the best - willing to go above and beyond their job descriptions to make their guests happy. No request is unreasonable and they're always so amenable!

Nice to see how Steve (the GM) has really turned this place around!

STAY HERE!!!!!!

Room Tip: If you ask with a smile and there's space available (especially if you have status in the SPG pr...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ari C
Amanda C, ~ Guest Service Champion at Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Thank you so much for writing about your experiences while staying with us Ari C. It great to hear you’ve had such wonderful stays with us at the Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway. We look forward to continuing to be “the best on the island” You compliments have been passed along to all staff members. Until next time, take care.

Reviewed 22 November 2012 via mobile

We had to stay here for a hockey tournament. From the booking to the check out, the staff was excellent. Very clean hotel, restaurant/pub with great food. We also got an excellent group rate for our team. There are lots of shops right down the hill, a 5 minute walk at the most.

• Stayed: November 2012
Amanda C, ~ Guest Service Champion at Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Dear docforrest27,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It is wonderful to hear that you had such a great stay with us and had the opportunity to enjoy The West Coast Taphouse. We hope to see you again next time your team plays in Victoria.

Until next time take care,

Reviewed 3 November 2012

This is one of the nicer Four Points I have stayed in - it's fairly new and everything is very nice. From the beds to the bathrooms, everything is nice and I was able to get a good sleep. The front desk was also really nice and helpful. There is also a nice pub downstairs that have some good local craft beers on tap - and it's not overpriced either which is a bonus. The only downside is there is no hot tub - a minor detail that didn't impact me at all. I'd definately stay here again if I require a stay out in that area. Which brings about the only issue - you will be disappointed if you book this thinking you will be close to downtown! It is actually in Langford and quite a drive to downtown.. I booked knowing this fully so it was not an issue for me but make sure you are aware of it before you choose to book here! It is right next to Costco as well in case you have any shopping to do....

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Amanda C, ~ Guest Service Champion at Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Dear BC_Cowboy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am delighted to hear you had such a great stay and had the opportunity to enjoy some of our best brews which feature locally crafted beer. Within our pool facility you can also find a steam room, sauna and hot tub; we also offer a 24 hour gym. We hope to welcome you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway and further impress you.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 10 October 2012

We stay at this hotel regularly.
We do this for several reasons.
Firstly, the service is always excellent. Kristen at the front desk was particularly helpful on our last trip, over the Thanksgiving long weekend.
Staff are always willing to help and always do so with a smile, no matter how busy they are.
Secondly, the cleanliness is impeccable. The property is very well maintained, due in part to it being a non smoking property.
The location is excellent. Around 20-25 minutes to downtown and conveniently located in the burgeoning Western Communities.
Steve, the Manager is always willing to assist in any way.
In fact he was still at work at 10:30 on Saturday evening, such is his dedication!
In short, we have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and will most definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Amanda C, ~ Guest Service Champion at Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2012

A home away from home; Thank you, this is truly the humbling comment any hotel can ever receive. Everyone at Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway put the extra effort in to make each guests memorable, our General Manager is no exception. Once again, thank you for such kind words.

Until next time, Take care

Reviewed 7 October 2012

Checked in a little early and was pleasantly surprised that the room was ready. We didn't go to the room as we had a family event. We returned to the hotel at around 8 pm and there was no where to park. We asked the front desk where guests could park. She told me that we could unload our bags and park in the Costco parking lot. I asked if there was an event happening and I was told no the hotel was just full. I said that it wasn't very convenient to have to walk that far but got no sympathy.
We paid extra for an end "suite" and while it was well outfitted (TV, kitchenette, sitting area) it was just lacking in cleanliness, hair on the toilet seat and the floor, grout in the shower has red stains on the lower half. The patio light was burnt out. Patio floor was dirty (drink spill stain).
I had wanted to fill out a comment card but couldn't find one in the room.

While waiting for the maintenance person to come up and explain what the shower stains were. My husband had to ask the kids playing hockey in the hall ( goalie pads and all to move along)

This was our third stay and none have been without some issue. The first time there was a sports tournament near by and there were kids in the halls well past 11. The second stay there was a wedding reception going on in the hotel and our room was above the back door used by the smokers. The music thumped most of the night and we had to shut the windows and the AC to avoid the smoke. We also had a one bedroom suite with a bedroom door that didn't close properly. We also had a room once across from the housekeeping closet with a door that slammed constantly.
If you expect something somewhat quiet you may want to avoid this 4 story wooden structure.
There are four young boys currently running up and down the halls.... It could be a long night.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear MomfromVan,

I am very apologetic that your stays with us have not been restful. This is not what we strive for at Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway. I am aware that you have spoken to one of our managers regarding your visits with us. We do hope that you are able to take advantage of the offers made as we would love the chance to welcome you back.

Please feel free to contact our Front Office Manager, Rachelle La Forge for your next reservation so that we can give you a true Four Points by Sheraton experience.

Reviewed 30 September 2012

From the moment we drove up the entire experience postive. This is a beautiful hotel inside and out! The staff was friendly and very informative about things to do, etc. The rooms were well laid out and the beds are SO comfortable. I took my son to the pool and it was very nice (even with a steam room). Also, the patio restaurant was a beautiful way to spend a sunny September lunch (delicious). I would stay at this hotel again in a heart beat!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Amanda C, ~ Guest Service Champion at Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

Dear GogogogogogoH,

I am pleased to hear you had such a wonderful experience with us on your last visit to Victoria and found everything you need plus some great extras. The outdoor patio during the summer months is a stylish, comfortable place to relax. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Langford
Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa
#14 of 49 in Victoria
Magnolia Hotel And Spa
Magnolia Hotel And Spa
#2 of 49 in Victoria

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway? Share your experiences!