“Fantastic Stay”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Langford
Kelowna, Canada
“Fantastic Stay”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel is in Langford which is minutes away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Victoria. It is ideally situated for those who want to have access to activities around the Victoria area. It is 2 minutes away from a great go-kart/mini-golf facility. Thedis lake is 5 minutes away which is great with the families. The hotel itself had excellent service. Includes a swimming pool, hot tub facility great with kids. Has a full service restaurant with buffet breakfast. Free wifi is great. The standard perks of Sheraton with great beds, showers, etc. Will be back when in Victoria area again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AmarCanada
Lawrence B, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear AmarCanada,

I am very happy to hear you found our location to be ideal for your family getaway. We strive for guest satisfaction and look for ways to WOW our guests. Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway on your next trip to Victoria.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Elkins, West Virginia
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I stayed here for a week in August while photographing a wedding. The hotel is lovely, clean, and has the best staff I've ever encountered. Each and every single employee was friendly, courteous, and extremely helpful. They were able to get my delayed bags delivered from the airport much faster than I was going to be able to, were able to answer each an every question I had during my visit, and made my to Victoria just that much more wonderful.

There was one particular instance in which their night auditor at the front desk, Matthew Davies, really went above and beyond as far as committed staff goes. I had forgotten my work camera in a car that had driven me back to the hotel one night and was having a bit of anxiety over it. I searched my room twice thinking it must have been there and eventually stepped out into the lobby to calm down for a few minutes before trying again. Matthew asked if everything was alright and after explaining the situation to him, he took the time to look through the security footage from earlier in the day to see if I was holding my camera when I came in. Upon realizing that it wasn't and that it may still be in a car that was possibly an hour and a half away at that point, he sincerely offered to go get it for me the next day! Matthew did end up going to get it and it was on his time off no less. It was such a relief to me and such a selfless act on his part that it just blew me away.

Overall, I'd recommend this hotel to everyone and am already planning my next stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Catherine R
Reading your review of your recent stay with us was fantastic to hear. I am very happy you had an exceptional stay due to our staff. I will be sure to share your kind words with Matthew and the rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you back and providing another memorable stay.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Here for our first visit, for a couple of nights.
Room was not too bad, pretty spacious. Bed was comfy, good support from pillows. However, this was apparently a handicapped accessible room, so there was no tub. The shower area has water that splashes out to the floor, even with the shower curtain drawn.

There are 2 laptops in the business center which was pretty adequate, since it was lightly accessed. Fitness room was spacious, 2 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, and cycle. Free weight rack - some missing weights though. Couple of benches.

Hotel is located in Langford, about 20 mins from downtown Victoria. There are some restaurants close by, and a grocery store just 5 min drive away. The hotel has a shuttle that drops you within 5 km of the hotel.

Overall, it was pretty decent for the price we paid, and proximity to the city.

Room Tip: They offer free local craft beer in the hotel restaurant/patio.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jon C

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.
I am happy you were able to take part in our Best Brews program and try a sample of a locality crafted beer and found the hotel’s location to suit your travel needs.
We hope to welcome you back soon.
London, Canada
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We had young YOUNG children shouting in the hallways well past 11:00. They were with a soccer team or something. Not an adult in sight, and no words from an adult to use inside voices. This hotel is not near anything, Front desk had a hard time recommending anywhere but White Spot for a good salad. We were seeing family before heading for the airport early I the morning. Not the most convenient choice.

I suppose it is someone's idea to call and see if the room you have JUST entered is alright, but we hadn't even put our bags down yet. The call would have been appreciated 10 minutes later.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you 1060born2run for your review.

We very much appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve the experience we provide for our guests. A night such as yours is not a typical night for our guests and I thank you for your understanding. Please reach out to our Front Office Manager should your travels bring you back to Victoria as we would like to ensure a memorable stay for you and your family.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I got married at the Four Point by Sheraton Victoria Gateway on Saturday. I and family could of not picked a better location. Besides being so happy with everything that turned out due to how attentive and caring the staff members were, I and my husband stayed over night as well as some of our guests. All of our guests including us very extremely pleased with their stay at the Hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tara M
Congratulations Tara M!

I am delighted to hear that your special night was a very memorable one and we are honoured to be part of that. On behalf of the entire hotel staff- we wish you all the best and look forward to welcoming you back for your many anniversaries.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I only stayed here one night on a recent business trip. Would not hesitate to stay again. Even though I was only there two weeks ago I can't remember much about the place. That is a good thing for a business traveler. I remember the bad ones.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear TomL_Philadelphia

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.
I am happy to hear you found your one night with us to be a good one. We look forward to welcoming to again and providing a positive WOW experience for you to remember with us.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed 7 nights and it was confortable and quiet. The staff was friendly, professionnal. The location is perfect. The internet room have 2 available laptops and free printing. Closeby, Costco, A&W, McDonald....We'd loved to go back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank frizine
Lawrence B, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank You Frazine for your response on Trip Advisor. We are pleased you enjoyed your 7 nights with us and found our staff to be friendly and the location was suited to your needs. We hope to see you again soon.
Thanks!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langford
Downtown
Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour
Oak Bay Beach Hotel
#3 of 49 in Victoria
The Oswego Hotel
#5 of 49 in Victoria

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway? Share your experiences!