“Another great stay!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Langford
British Columbia
“Another great stay!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Thanks to Christine Thaler we had another great stay at your resort. We were treated royally from our arrival to departure. Christine was so helpful with our reservation. We had a wonderful suite (the same as last year!!) for an awesome rate. My husband and son played a round of golf and I hit the pool. It was such a relaxing two days after a busy time visiting friends in Victoria. We can't say enough about the Lobster Night in the dining room. Delicious! The whole atmosphere at the resort is first class --- as beautiful inside as it is outside. Hope we can do this again next year. Thanks again Christine.

Room Tip: Try for a room in the clubhouse building with valley view. The view from the deck in spectacular.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank framegirl
WestinBearMountain, Manager at Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear framegirl,

I'm delighted to hear that your second stay was as wonderful as your first and that our associates gave you the royal treatment. Thank you for taking the time to share with the TripAdvisor community about the Westin Bear Mountain and I hope to welcome you back for many more years to come.

Until next time, be well!
Revenue Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Korean first
Whitecourt, Canada
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Booked room for three nights while travelling thru the mountains. The gal on the phone was so Accomodating and helpful finding us a room at a wonderful rate! We did not know how beautiful, quiet and comfortable the hotel was until we arrived. When we checked in we were received and treated wonderfully. It all made our hasty trip to Victoria into a very special holiday!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Fairways Building, on the third floor and found the view beautiful and the room ver...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
WestinBearMountain, Manager at Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Dawn B,

We were delighted to read your review of the Westin Bear Mountain on TripAdvisor. We're so pleased to hear that from start to finish you were well taken care of. I hope the rest of your travels were enjoyable and you returned from your vacation feeling rested and with some great memories!

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Ontario
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Exceptional views but few trails to walk due to golf in play signs. Amazing golf course. Rooms are very large. Hallways showing a lot of wear and tear. Rooms although large are not very sound proof. You will hear ever move your neighbour makes. Nice balconies over looking the golf course. However air conditioning vents on each balcony makes it tough to hear any sounds of nature. Nature and views abound. If you are a points collector you can forfeit your house keeping for an additional 500 points per day.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
WestinBearMountain, Manager at Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear bowmansw,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed our views, spacious rooms, and golf course. I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by an air conditioning unit on the balcony as well sounds from the neighbouring room. All equipment on our patios and balconies should not be loud enough to cover the sounds of nature; it sounds like whatever was on your balcony may require maintenance. If convenient, please contact the hotel with the room number you stayed in so that we may look into this further so that it doesn't disrupt any more of our guests who want to enjoy our peaceful surroundings.

We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back next time you are in Victoria.

Be well,
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2014

When I booked a room I did not realize I would be in the other tower (Fairway building). The gal checking me in asked if I would rather be in the main hotel. I was happy to have this option as I was staying alone and felt more comfortable in the main building although I have not stayed in the other building and can't say if I would of been comfortable. The only downside is that you have to park outside instead underground parking at the fairways building. The staff helped me bring in a big odd shaped present into my room and told me to call them in the morning so that they could help me when I checked out. The room was lovely. The bathroom was so nice to get ready in and the supplies especially the shampoo were as well. The bed was very comfortable and the room did not lack any I needed. The only downside that I found was that late at night I could hear other doors closing and people talking, perhaps loudly, though my closed door. I'll be staying here again when we come back to Victoria.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear nicky-random,

We're so pleased to hear that you will be back to the Westin Bear Mountain next time your travels bring you to Victoria. We're delighted that you found our associates accommodating at check in and that the room you stayed in was comfortable and well equipped. Thank you for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor and us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I have been staying at this resort and I love everything about it. Easy and friendly and welcoming check in to guidance to building (if it's Fairway building).

Restuarant's quality is pretty nice too and has quality food, although I still believe that they can have something under canopy at the terrace with fireplace and coffee/tea bar to keep having warm beverage while looking at infinitely beautiful scenery in front.

The best part that I enjoy the most is the drive into the resort, it's distractingly gorgeous.

Keep it up and you'll have many repeat customers.

Room Tip: Fairway building has some nice view rooms on STarwood Preferred Customers floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed 30 April 2014

When we need a place to get away and relax, this is it. It is so incredibly peaceful up here. The hotel decor is very understated rustic West Coast sophisticated with soothing sage green tones and natural stone and wood accents.
We recently booked the cheapest room available and then asked if there might be an upgrade when we checked in. Because the hotel had been full the night before and housekeeping wasn't yet finished with all of the rooms we were told there was nothing else. Honestly, can't figure out what more we would have wanted - beautiful corner room with wraparound windows. Balcony overlooking the resort where we could enjoy the morning sun with our Starbucks coffee (complimentary in room).
The staff always make you feel like you're the most important person in the hotel.

Room Tip: The Fairways Building has secure underground parking. Golf course view means afternoon sun. Resort v...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
WestinBearMountain, Manager at Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear travelbugBC2013,

We are always pleased to hear from our repeat guests! And thank you for recognizing our dedicated associates as nothing makes us happier than hearing that our associates make our guests feel so warmly welcomed.

I hope that we have the opportunity to see you next time you are needing some rest and rejuvenation.

kirkland
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I carefully made a reservation via spg As I was traveling for business and have a set budget per night, I was delighted that the "birth year" promotional rate could be offered for 2 of the 3 nights. But when I checked out they billed 2 nights at the full rate and only one at the birth year rate. Even after getting SPG Corporate on the line to confirm the intent of the promotion (buy 1 get up to 2 at birth year rate) Lidia at Bear Mountain continued to argue with both of us
Only when she realized that SPG could lose a loyal customer over $105 plus tax, did she relent and issue the credit. But of course, in her confirmation she continued to insinuate that it was a gesture of good will on her part and that I had made the error and not I understood the promotion correctly.
I did confirm with SPG that upcoming reservations at Sheraton and. ST Regis properties clearly state one night full price and up to 2 nights at birth year.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank seestar
WestinBearMountain, Manager at Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear seestar,

Thank you for your review and I am sorry to hear that you felt mislead by our Birth Year promotion. This particular promotion is a popular one at our resort as well as other Starwood Hotels. It is left to each Starwood Hotel and Resort's discretion as to whether they offer the birth year discount on one or two nights. The Westin Bear Mountain has it limited to one night which is clearly noted in our terms and conditions as well as the rate description.

I'm glad to hear you are able to take advantage of this discount on your upcoming trips to the Sheraton and St. Regis and we hope you have an enjoyable trip with them.

Be well,
Revenue Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langford
Oak Bay Beach Hotel
The Fairmont Empress
#19 of 52 in Victoria
Downtown
Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour

Been to Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!