We have very mixed reviews about this resort as we arrived from FL after traveling all day, flights, ferry, etc. at 3 am in the morning but ended up driving around the area for 30 minutes trying to find the resort. Every sign from TC-1 to Millstream Rd to Country Club etc. is not lit at night and as a Realtor we got confused as parts of the drive were through neighborhoods so we ended up turning around thinking we were going in the wrong direction. In the states, a large resort like this, would have well lit signs at night. The last sign is a little black sign in a roundabout embedded in landscaping and is impossible to see at night.
Once we checked in and were upgraded to the main building the room was very nice size and has a wonderful balcony view of the golf course and mountainside. The breakfast we had the first morning with this same view was spectacular, we can say that all the food is outstanding at this resort.
Per the previous reviewer as a low handicap golfer who has played all around the states, we were displeased with the same story we got that we could walk down a very steep path to the driving range because we weren't playing that day. After questioning how we would get back from the range the story changed and we were given a cart, it was afternoon and there were plenty of available carts parked in plain view.
The very next day we had to cut our visit to Victoria short after having our credit card declined buying jewelry for my wife. We drove back to the Westin to use a computer and found out researching our account that even though we had paid for our room in full $1900+ 45 days in advance for a 10 night stay, they had charged our account $600+ for incidentals and $1600+ for we still don't know why. The manager simply stated his accounting department ran an audit and he didn't know why but he would call them. Later he called our room and said it was taken care of but five days later that money has still not been credited to our account. We were kind of taken back that the manager did not offer us anything for our troubles, skipping dinner plans in Victoria etc. to tend to this matter.
We played the Valley course and it is in tremendous condition and the views are spectacular coming from Florida. We saw deer and rabbits along the way. Soon we will play the Mountain course and I'm sure it will be just as nice. My reviews of golf courses are always good if the greens are in great condition.
The athletic club next door is very nice if you like to work out on your vacation, there are walking and biking trails around the resort. We did 2 full sightseeing days in Victoria just 20 minutes away and had many wonderful dinners there. The Butchart Gardens is very famous and nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Bear Mountain Golf Resort & Spa, Victoria hotel features 36 holes of Nicklaus Design golf. Indulge in a beauty or wellness treatment at the accredited Sante Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort And Spa
- Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Hotel Victoria
- Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Hotel
- Westin Victoria
- Victoria Westin