Bear Mountain Golf Resort - Mountain Course
Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Langford
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover some of the finest golf Victoria has to offer! Co-designed by Jack Nicklaus and his son Steve, the Mountain course at Bear Mountain is set in the foothills of Mount Finlayson and strikes the perfect balance between playability and a truly challenging year round golf experience for golfers of all skill levels."I think some of the holes out there are just unbelievably fantastic... there are 18 signature holes" - Jack NicklausWith panoramic mountain, city and ocean views set within rolling fairways and lush forest, rest assured - you will be back for more.Book your round by calling our Golf Shop today.
Victoria, Canada
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Sad”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

It has been a few years since I played the Mountain Course and I understand that there has been a change of ownership but I just was not that impressed. I will say that the location is still amazing but there were too many negatives. They have even dug up my favourite hole (I was told this was done to make room for more condos?). The greens were in so-so shape, not sure if they had just been punched? I will add that Scotch broom has taken over the course, not good for the native plants. The course just seemed worn out, like the waterfall not working. The powercarts no longer have GPS indicators for the group ahead of you, why? With so any blind shots it is a must. I think what really made for a sad day was when the sprinklers went off when we were on holes 12 to 14, we played through this but it was terrible. After the round I went to the pro shop to complain and all I got was "sorry and oh well.." Sad.

1 Thank Ken P

Nelson, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A golf experience for brave hearts!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The setting is truly magnificent and the golf course beautiful. However, be forewarned this track is not for the beginner or high handicapper. While most holes were difficult but fair, others were demanding with blind shots and longish carrys over hazards. Look forward to trying their other 18 on the next visit to the area.

Victoria, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Scotch broom”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Golfers with allergies should not play at this course. The course has literally hundreds of scotch broom and today when I played they were in full bloom. Scotch broom is very invasive and I was surprised to see so much it. Too bad because it's a lovely course.

1 Thank C J
Saskatoon, Canada
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Majestic scenery on a challenging course”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We had chosen to play this course as we were able to look down on it while climbing Mt. Finlayson. It had looked stunning from above and it did not disappoint.
Each hole was spectacular and this definitely helped when the golf was not. The course was in superb condition and though they had just aerated the greens we were not disappointed. You might lose a few balls but often when looking for yours, others were to be found.
The staff was very friendly and helpful from the front desk to the back shop boys and made it a very enjoyable afternoon.

Visited October 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Awesome course”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Played this course in September during the Golftown Amateur Series 4 day championship tourney. Service was awesome as well as the views. Course was in great shape. Wouldnt hesitate to return here. Very challenging but not too long. Saw a bear and lots of deers.

Visited September 2013