“My favourite restaurant in Lake Country”

L'Isola Bella Bistro
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Lake Country
Price range: US$8 - US$17
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Andreas Di Maggio opened l'isola bella bistro in 2007 ,his cuisine has been popular ever since. From delicious pastas to excellent homemade sauces .Fresh salads to testy appetizers. It has been a rewarding experience for Andreas and his staff.
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We live in Lake Country and this is my favourite restaurant. The food is excellent and we've always had great service. My only complaint is that the menu never seems to change and they've not had daily specials. On our last visit (June 2014) they had a prime rib special which was extremely good. I hope specials are now a regular feature. The place is quite small and gets very busy particularly on Friday nights so reservations are a must. The restaurant also offers take out.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We were in town for soccer, so were looking for some pasta for the kids for dinner. The boys ordered kid sized pasta meals. They were a great size for them and came with salad and bread for $6.50. Plus the full sized portions were also well priced. Like I said, excellent food, excellent prices, excellent for family's.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Since we discovered this spot by accident a few years ago, we make the trek once or twice a year for a late lunch and it always ends up being supper, the servings are that filling.
We always get the same waitress and she is a sweetheart.
We love Italian food and have eaten it in many countries. L'Isola Bella is on a par with many of the places we have enjoyed over the years.
We've never had a bad meal and it is a very pleasant little restaurant.
We will be back.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have been to this bistro in the past and have had great service and good food. However we went there a few days ago and was very disappointed. The service was very slow as it took almost 20 minutes to get our order placed. Three different tables that had arrived after us received their meal 20 minutes before we even got the first bit of food on our table. My meal tasted 'off'. I have had this plate before and liked it. When I went to pay for the meal the server was obviously annoyed that I did not leave a tip. I will NOT be back!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Took our daughter to dinner and knew we were somewhat limited for choice in the area of Lake Country. L'Isola Bella was recommended and it absolutely did not disappoint. From the minute you walk in and smell the most amazing combinations of garlic, herbs and spices. The décor reminds me of old world Italian and lends itself to eating in Nonna's kitchen. Prices are more than reasonable and an added treat is the selection of Okanagan wines including one of my favourites - Grey Monk Latitude 50.

And the food was fabulous. I always try the spaghetti and meatballs as a true test and portion sizes and flavour are unbelievable. My husband had the Linguini Neptuno and this too was delicious. Our daughter tried the Lasagna and gave it two thumbs up. A dinner for 3 with wine, dessert and coffee and tip was under $70.00.

And it didn't hurt that the wait staff were warm and welcoming and service was the best we've been treated to in a very long time.

We will definitely be back.