“So glad we went!”

Kangaroo Creek Farm
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

This is an amazing little place!! All the animals are quite friendly and unique!! My 3 yrs old girl was in heaven! Especially when she got to hold the baby roo :) my husband and I very much enjoyed it too!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

What's not to like about visiting with friendly wallabies and kangaroos, and pigs and goats and cockatoos! A lovely little place to stop for the old and young alike - the 'kids' can even get to cuddle a joey. No fee but $5 donation per person is encouraged (and it is well worth it)

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We just happened upon this attraction accidentally and it was one of the best things we did in BC! There are all sorts of exotic animals including parrots, sugar gliders, peacocks, kangaroos and other marsupials. It was very hands on, the kids got to touch, pet and hold the animals including young kangaroos. In fact, of all the beautiful things we saw in BC, Kangaroo Creek is what they remember best. I highly recommend it. They don't charge admission but ask for donations. The farm is not dependent on the donations as they have supported these animals before they opened to the public but I, personally, was so impressed I felt inspired to leave a generous donation. One down side, the parking is not a fun experience as there is no dedicated parking for the farm and it is on the river front. We ended up walking a bit but it was worth it.

2  Thank 64familyfun
car0greg, Owner at Kangaroo Creek Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank you so much for visiting, for your positive review and for your generous donation. Glad you had fun. I'd just like to clarify a couple of things though: You mentioned that we are not dependent on donations. Actually we are. Completely. We get no outside funding of any kind. It's people's donations that have enabled us to stay at home and operate the farm instead of locking the gates and going out to a regular job. Opening the farm to the public is a lot more expensive and labor intensive than people realize. We have to have a lot of staff to ensure safety for the animals and visitors and all our help is paid well over minimum wage because we have very high standards in this regard. It's the welfare of the animals that is not dependent on donations. We have had them for many years and they have always been well taken care of for the 23 years we had them prior to opening to the public. The reason I put the statement "the welfare of our animals is NOT dependent on your donations" on our signage is because I didn't want visitors to feel pressured in any way to contribute based on a mistaken assumption that our animals wouldn't be fed or cared for if there wasn't enough money in the box because it's kind of an emotional twisting of people's arms. We want our donations to be based entirely on appreciation and how much people enjoyed themselves. I hear what you are saying about the parking and I totally agree. We are presently negotiating to try and lease a vacant lot close by so that parking will be more convenient. Hope we see you again.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

My sons- ages 5 and 3- said this was their favorite part of our trip to Kelowna. It is basically a petting zoo with two enclosures- one has a bunch of different animals but the favorite side was the one that had kangaroos roaming free that the kids could pet. There was also a place where you could sit down and hold a joey. My kids got to hold two different joeys and they loved it. They also got to pet several different kangaroos. Definitely a great experience!

1  Thank HMTY
Reviewed 17 September 2013

You can get up close and personal with animals including kangaroos, wallabies, goats, emus, and capybaras. Admission is by donation. A cute little farm with two separate enclosures for the kangaroos from the other animals. You can also hold a baby kangaroo or wallaby in a blanket.

2  Thank CSquared31