“Excellent”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

What a surprise....went for dinner with my husband and parents. We sat outside on patio, fully covered.....which was great, hot day in the Okanagan! We decided to do a bunch of appy's and shared a bottle of wine.
The calamari was great, their oil must be clean because it didn't come dark brown deep fried. The scallops with a bacon cream sauce were superb, not over powering bacon flavor. My husband and dad shared the chicken livers, couldn't stop saying how tender they were! Greek salad and Caesar salad good, prawns with butter cooked perfect!
Love the smaller menu than the greek house had! Service was great, friendly staff......they did a special order of just lamb chops for us (we didn't want the rice and potatoes) Will be back and recommend.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Kim K

Squamish bc
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wasn't a fan of Greek food, but I am now!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I will go back! I wasn't a fan of Greek food, but this one sit down changed my opinion. I was impressed :) Super tasty salads. Stuffed grape leaves were yummy. We ordered the platter for two and in fact it fed our table of 6 (adults) with left overs to spare! Great service, $$ value, food quality and authenticity. I will always put Mezedes on my list of places to go to when in Lake Country.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Shsq34
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I don't usually write reviews but I couldn't help myself in this situation. We ate at Mezedes recently and very much enjoyed our dining experience. The service was fantastic the food was extremely yummy and we sat on the shaded patio which was very nice. We look forward to going back.

• Visited July 2014
Vancouver
“Raw Chicken”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was eating at Mezedes and got served raw chicken. I was terrified! But they were nice about it and didn't charge me. But still, that is just lack of responsibility in the kitchen. I wouldn't recommend this to any of my friends.

• Visited June 2014
Cheryl W, Owner at Mezedes Grill, responded to this review, 18 September 2014
I do apologize if you were served undercooked chicken. We strive to make sure all customers are fully satisfied with their experience at Mezedes and I am very sorry we came up short on your expectations. We will be sure to continue making sure our kitchen staff is fully trained and checking food for quality before it is served.
“==pretty good ==”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We enjoyed this place. We started with two appies, escargots and rice in grape leaves.

We then had lamb and chicken souvlaki, and braised lamb. Everything came with tasty rice and potatoes, preceded by superb salads.

The braised lamb could do with some improvement. Although tender, it would have been much better if cooked in wine with herbs, garlic, salt and pepper.

We skipped dessert, and took ample leftovers home. Altogether a satisfactory meal for four, with half a liter of wine for $100. Service was very good.

• Visited June 2014