“Spectacular view and a water mister!”

50th Parallel Estate Winery
Ranked #3 of 4 Tours in Lake Country
More attraction details
Owner description: Truly one of Canada’s exemplary destination wineries set in the heart of Okanagan Wine Country. 50th Parallel Estate is a majestic 61 acre site near the shores of Lake Okanagan boasting panoramic lake views and rare granite soils. Winemakers Matthew Fortuna and Grant Stanley have produced the winery’s world-renowned Pinot Noir and aromatic white wines.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Vancouver, Canada
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Spectacular view and a water mister!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

You wouldn't think a mister would be important while visiting a winery - but when it is 36C, it helps to cool the open air tasting area down!

This is a newer winery that is making some truly enjoyable wines! We tried several and each had our own favorites, but the Pinot Noir and the Gerwurztraminer wereexceptional. As with most wineries, there is a small charge for tastings unless you purchase product.

Our hostess was patient and knowledgeable and was happy to share with us the plans for expansion and what we could expect to see in the next few years. happening with the expansion (expected completion date 2015) and new things they would be offering within the next few years. We look forward to visiting again!

Visited August 2014
2 Thank tourismrocks

Winnipeg, Canada
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 193 helpful votes
“Excellent White Wines & Pinot Noir!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is a newer winery in Lake Country, but they make some excellent wines. My friends and I really enjoyed out stop here. It was a great start to our day wine touring in Lake Country!

Our hostess Pamela was very knowledgable of the products and took the time to explain what was happening with the expansion and new things they would be offering within the next few years. By 2015 when the expansion is completed they will have some very innovative attractions on the property such as private picnic spots tucked in amongst the vinyards. They are also planning a resort and spa on site as well! Look for great things from 50th Parallel, Curtis & Sheri-Lee know what they are doing!

Visited July 2014
3 Thank nfriesen1
Temecula, California, USA
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Hidden little gem along Okanagan Lake”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

A winery just fairly opened. Very nice service. An interesting, uniquely designed, small but personal bar area. Love the boutique wine feel of the place. Their Pinot Noir is the best and we bought several bottles.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Always5Star
Calgary, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Long Long Drive”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I waited a bit before I wrote this review so I could be more subdued, less critical, more objective. The bottom line is the front end staff epitomizes why some people don’t drink wine or go to tastings. As I walked in there was a very, very young man behind the counter debating with a middle aged couple the pairing selection of the wine he was sharing. When the couple suggested something to the contrary his response was quite funny but very condescending. “In my experience” he scolded, that should have been my first clue to run out the door. In boy’s case the correct response would have been “you are correct, I just got off the nipple yesterday”. I persevered and went up to the bar where the mature lady was bouncing from one person to another to another. I explained I only wanted to try a bolder red wine – she said they had only one red and it wasn’t that bold but I could try it. She threw a glass up on the bar and pulled out her eye dropper and provided me with 3 generous drops, then she bounced off. I emptied the entire volume in a single pour. By swirling the wine in my mouth and mixing it with saliva I was eventually able to coat my entire tongue. Bouncy was correct it wasn’t bold – you really couldn’t tell much about it because the portion was so small. Seriously, I’ve been to hundreds of tastings and you don’t need even a quarter of a glass for a tasting but you do need more than the volume of the “stem well”. Bouncy never returns but Chris the Collector comes by to ask for his five bucks. “I just had three drops of a red” was my reply to which Chris retorts “It’s still a tasting”. Well Chris, actually it’s not a tasting. It was not even close to a tasting. In fact, the only taste in my mouth now is the bold bad memory of the pompous, arrogant, pretentiousness of the 50th Parallel. I gave Chris his well-earned fiver and left.
50th you are not the only game in town (or 40 miles out of town), and really when you think about it your service is a dis-service to your local industry. In industry terms you are vinegar - you have the components but your recipe for success is poison. It’s my money and now I won’t use it to purchase your wine.
The facility is a long, long drive off the regular wine route. You should decide prior to embarking just how badly you need to be insulted before you head out. Maybe you could just wander over to the comedy club and sit in the front row. At least you’ll get a full serving.

Visited June 2014