Our second visit to the Bramley Apple, again staying overnight for a local 2 day event. The hosts have changed since last year, but were just as welcoming, helpful & friendly. In fact, a handshake over the bar on arrival does make you feel like a guest, not just a customer.
All the positive features still apply, clean, comfortable, excellent range of local real ales (plus ciders for those who prefer it) and a good range of bar meals has replaced the previous tapas menu. Ours was good value, piping hot, well-presented and tasty.
Although we had the same room as last year, we did find the mattress a bit soft and squashy, but this is a matter of personal preference, and probably our backs are the problem!? The room itself is great (room 4) with a sun terrace and chairs, overlooking the quaint row of cottages next door. Despite the lack of a car park, we still managed to park outside without difficulty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently reopened and under new management, The Bramley Apple is a beautiful recently refurbished traditional pub in the heart of historic Southwell, serving the local community with a fantastic selection of Springhead beers and guest ales from other top breweries from across the UK, as well as real ciders, fine wines, and a few of the usual favourites. We also have four lovely B&B rooms available, all with en-suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Bramley Apple Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bramley Apple Hotel Southwell
- The Bramley Apple Inn Southwell, Nottinghamshire