“Brilliant little B&B” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Reindeer Inn
Ranked #4 of 9 Southwell B&B and Inns
“Brilliant little B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here after being recommended by someone from Southwell and couldn't fault it. Rama (the landlord) was very nice and served up one of the nicest curries I've had! Rooms clean and good price, will definitely be staying here on my next visit!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James M
Rama N, Owner at The Reindeer Inn, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thanks very much for your review. Hope we will see you in near future:-)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Nottingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

I went to a friends wedding in Southwell last month & stayed at The Reindeer - I chose this place for 2 reasons, one because it was near to the wedding venue & two, because of the price! I didn't want to spend a lot of money as I wasn't going to be in the room for long! From doing my research, The Reindeer was by far the cheapest place to stay in Southwell.
I was greeted by the landlord who was extremely welcoming & he showed me to my room. The room was just what I wanted - clean, fresh & nicely decorated. I left my bags & headed off to the wedding. When I returned back to my room after the wedding, there was no issues getting back late etc. The next morning I got up & had my breakfast (yes, it was inside the pub but this did not matter at all - don't all pub b&b's serve breakfast in the pub?! Not sure why this was an issue for a previous customer!) the breakfast was delicious - just what I needed after a night on the booze!!
I would also like to mention that I was speaking to some of the "locals" while I was at the wedding & I mentioned where I was staying - they all said to me how fantastic the curry is at The Reindeer - unfortunately I didn't get to try is as it was home time for me but from what they were saying it sounds like I could be coming back for a tasting session!!
I really cannot understand the negative reviews previously posted which is why I felt the need to write this. I couldn't fault the pub or the landlord (and rest of the staff!!) I don't really know what people expect for £50 per night in an expensive little village??!!
If you are thinking of visiting Southwell then please pay the Reindeer a visit, ignore the negative reviews. I will be returning on my next visit!! Thank you!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ninajo20
Rama N, Owner at The Reindeer Inn, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thanks very much for your review. Nice to hear all these compliments. Hope we will see you in near future:-)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed here on a recent trip home to visit friends and family from overseas.

A traditional pub in the heart of a traditional market town, you get exactly what you would want & expect. The pub is lovely - with a real open fire, clean and a great supply of beers and drinks! The room was very comfortable and clean (as was the bathroom). The breakfast was lovely and Rama and his team could not have been more accommodating. If there are any requests you have, if you let Rama know asap, he will do his very best and go out of his way to make sure they are met - always with a smile!

Located within a couple of minutes walk from the centre of Southwell you are ideally situated as well. Compared with other hotels/B&B's in and around the area it is excellent value for money.

I can & will highly recommend The Reindeer to anyone I know travelling through the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Rama N, Owner at The Reindeer Inn, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thanks very much for your review. Hope we will see you in near future:-)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stayed here for one night as we were going to a wedding nearby. The people are nice enough but the rooms and the breakfasts are terrible. The worst I’ve ever been to. Our room was tiny, damp and smelt of onions (probably from the kitchen below). Our breakfast (served in the main pub area) was the worst I've ever had. The cheapest white sliced thin bread with cheap margarine and beans with a fried egg.

If it was a cheap place then I wouldn’t mind but it cost us over £50! If you’re just desperate for a room to sleep in then it’s fine and the people are perfectly nice.

But if you want a nice clean decent room with a nice breakfast then don’t go here!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank lizzyop
Nuneaton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I booked this hotel through a hotel booking website and didn't read the reviews. On that level I only have myself to blame. My room smelt of cat blankets and fish paste.

The manager was helpful to his credit but the whole place needed a deep clean and freshen up. The wifi didn't work and the state of the shower and toilet were beyond words.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank TheBandmaster
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

My wife and I stayed at The Reindeer Inn on our way North. It was a traditional pub and despite not having a car park we managed to park outside the pub. Our room was clean and bright with en suite and two windows. The pub did not offer food so we went out for Sunday Lunch where there were two or three good choices. Southwell was a lovely village with a very impressive cathedral and a nice selection of shops.

Room Tip: Go for the en suite room