La Caverna Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Sheldon
See available hotels
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
Tri-Star Hotel(Solihull)
  • Free Internet
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

Ate here last night. Nothing authentically Italian at all. Four dishes all thickly covered with tomato puree. Partners pasta tacky, Bolognese minimum meat, overall taste was just tomato puree. Menu is overpriced as is, they then tried to over charge us by £16. Cannot recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This was the worst hotel experience of my life (and I have crossed Africa by public transport.) There was no one at the reception and when I found someone in the kitchen of the adjacent restaurant he was rude to me on two occasions. A member of staff was completely unapologetic when he deigned to turn up and then refused to let my wife and me stay though we had already paid, and he also refused a refund. The hotel then sent Booking.com (who were very helpful) a message to say that we had not shown up. A previous review provides an apt summary: rude and dishonest. Go anywhere else but not here.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AMD1949
Reviewed 13 March 2013

i booked two double rooms for 1 night through booking .com and unfortunately had to cancel which i did in the cancellation period . After numerous telephone calls over 2 months to la caverna to receive my deposit back i got sick of there RUDENESS, ARROGANCE and CHEEK and still did not receive a refund. i then contacted booking .com who also could not get anywhere with them but took it on themselves to return my deposit. (thank you to booking.com)
its great that trip advisor exists so other people can be warned that they will take your money but their customer sevice is APPAULING.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank jjandkj
Reviewed 9 December 2012

After being let down by another hotel myself and my friend booked this hotel. We had read the previous reviews which did make us slightly anxious however we shouldnt have been! Once again this is proof not to believe everything you read on trip advisor as when we arrived we were greated by a very friendly and helpful receptionist. The room was very clean and had everything we needed. The room prices are very good for what it is, we only needed to stay one night as we were just up for a gig and this hotel was perfect for this. We didnt eat in the restaurant but this was purely because we already had reservations elsewhere.
Would highly recommend this to anyone who just needs a nice clean place to stay for the night.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I stayed here very recently with a few friends and as soon as we arrived I wish we had gone somewhere else! After banging on the back door and eventually being let in, we were greeted by an Indian man who was actually quite helpful, he changed our rooms a few times as we needed to be close together, however the room we were finally given stunk of chip fat as our room was above the kitchen, we were given one bath towel and one hand towel between me and a friend!!!! When we went to eat it got even better, we were served by a very rude man who actually shouted at us, the food then finally arrived but they hadn't cooked enough and one of the party was without there meal to eat with the rest of us. The prices on the menu were ridiculous, no kids menu, and no pizza! There was no one on the reception in the mornings and no breakfast for us to choose to have. The headboards are covering half the plugs in the room and the shower basin has seen better days. The staff hound you to pay the bill at night time so that they don't have to get up in the morning and if u don't answer the phone they charge the card that you put down to hold the room without your consent! All in all a hotel with rude staff and rubbish rooms is definitely not a place we will be staying again!

• Stayed: November 2012