“Great restaurant at good price”
Review of La Caverna Hotel

La Caverna Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sheldon
La Caverna Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Sheldon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This restaurant offers a limited 3course menu with free glass of wine for £8 per person. There is also full price menu but I love the £8 choices which have been to a high standard every time I visit. Very good and efficient staff.

Room Tip: I have not stayed at this hotel but restaurant is very good. Must book as it's always busy at we...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kan2951
There are newer reviews for La Caverna Hotel

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Fantastic pasta and rissotto the best I've Eva had love to meet the pasta chef work for me that's what im after excellent keep it up quality that counts mmmmmm........... We've bin going here for along time since 90's food has realy improved always top quality you gotta try the famous mare-monta seafood pasta my wife loves it shel leave me for that pasta great we love cuming here it will be welcoming even more to talk with the chef and ha in a drink atmosphere needs to improve c U again soon!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I have never been so disapponted in all my life. The waitress was rude and vile and the food was just as bad.i thought it was over priced for what it was. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME it's ran very bad and I would never recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Sarah7695
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I rang up the hotel to reserve a room and the gentleman at reception decided to start sweet talking me being very sleazy and over friendly. The pasta is just full of puree and the price you pay for it is ridiculous. Members of staff do not speak very good english which is a problem as there is a communication barrier.

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank Lorainsmith
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Booked two rooms bed & breakfast for the 28th & 29th Sept. one for one night the other for two. On arrival we where told no breakfast, we told the receptionist we had confirmation that the price of our rooms included breakfast. His response was " I don't care what was confirmed there's no breakfast, that they often lie when they confirm bookings. We showed him confirmation of the booking which he promptly replied that he had let the rooms go to another booking. How he managed this I don't know as the phone hadn’t rung. This was possibly the rudest person I have ever encountered in my 67 years. The Travel Lodge just up the road where just the opposite, friendly and most helpful and it was a pleasure to stay there, also slightly cheaper with breakfast.
As for the restaurant being part of the hotel they lost a booking for that night for a party of seven due to this mans aggressive rudeness. He clearly has an attitude problem. When I told the restaurant why they had lost a booking and the reason they didn’t seem at all bothered. We had a superb Italian meal, with friendly service, at the Pavarotti instead.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank simon202013
Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

Ate here last night. Nothing authentically Italian at all. Four dishes all thickly covered with tomato puree. Partners pasta tacky, Bolognese minimum meat, overall taste was just tomato puree. Menu is overpriced as is, they then tried to over charge us by £16. Cannot recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This was the worst hotel experience of my life (and I have crossed Africa by public transport.) There was no one at the reception and when I found someone in the kitchen of the adjacent restaurant he was rude to me on two occasions. A member of staff was completely unapologetic when he deigned to turn up and then refused to let my wife and me stay though we had already paid, and he also refused a refund. The hotel then sent Booking.com (who were very helpful) a message to say that we had not shown up. A previous review provides an apt summary: rude and dishonest. Go anywhere else but not here.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AMD1949
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sheldon
Travelodge Birmingham Sheldon
Travelodge Birmingham Airport
Travelodge Birmingham Airport
#30 of 118 in Birmingham
Genting Hotel
Genting Hotel
#6 of 118 in Birmingham
Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport

Been to La Caverna Hotel? Share your experiences!