“Best curry in Birmingham bar none”
Review of Jilabi

Jilabi
Reserve with OpenTable
Jilabi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Sheldon
Cuisines: Indian, Wine Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Jilabi is the consecutive winner of being Birmingham's Best Indian Restaurant and have recently been announced as a finalist for Birmingham Mail's Best Big Night Out restaurant in Birmingham. Jilabi, where people dine, relax, laugh, chat, celebrate and entertain in our contemporary surroundings and always come back to do it all again! At Jilabi we have a passion for bringing the authentic taste of India to our discerning diners, our award winning chef's deliver a wide range of choice from your firm favourites to a whole host of specialities all made with the freshest highest quality ingredients and of course you can be sure of first class service. "Good Friends, Good Wine, Good Times"
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have been to the Jilabi many times with friends and family over the years. I took my 2 eldest children there earlier in the year for a treat, as they love curries. The place was packed as ever and glad I had pre-booked. The food was excellent all round and we all shared our starters of tikka, shaslik, paratha's and stuffed peppers. I had my usual chicken balti sag aloo mushroom which was very good. The 2 boys had a lamb dish, which was a little too spicy for their palets. In no time at all the staff were over and whisked away the food and brought another 2 dishes minus the extra chilli. This shows really good customer service. We finished off with the usual complementary ice-cream and coffee's. The boys were really impressed with the place and wanted to go back the following day (if only!!). The staff at Jilabi really go that extra mile, and feel other restaurants to take this lead. Will be back soon!!

6  Thank Richard G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,601)

Reviewed 17 July 2014

i'm normally a massive fan of jilabi and i sing their prasie's to high heaven but last tuesday i ordered a curry and the starters were amazing as normal but they had forgotten the salad and sauces, very unlike jilabi. the side were spot on as normal but the main chicken tikka masala was a werid dark red and 0 favour and very watery, i have found the jilabi normally have my favourite dish done to perfection and the best in birmingham imo. but the reason why i gave it 2 stars is mainly how its really starting to slip in service and quaility ever since they brought out the chinese next!!!!!. they need to close for a couple of weeks, get the construction done and re-open and get back to the service their known all round birmingham for!! all i ever hear about the jilabi is being push out the door, food gone down hill, too busy for their own good. think i won't being going back till they open the building next door and so will many of my friends and family who held the jilabi as the best curry house in birmingham :(

4  Thank niall a
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I visited this restaurant for the first time today with my family and i must say it was amazing!!! I have never been to a place with such friendly waiters they were very kind and helpful.. Ive Neva had GREAT customer service as gud as i did here... I would defo come bak to this place the price is worth every penny aswell!! I defo recomend this plce!! 100%

8  Thank Arabiyah
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I'd booked a table for 8.00pm on a Saturday. When we arrived we were seated immediately. The restaurant was busy and tables very close together. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful without being overly friendly, which was great. Waiter offered recommendations from the menu, so I asked if it was possible to have a curry without ghee and oil. I was delighted to hear this was possible. All the food was cooked well and tasted great. Restaurant was clean and nicely decorated. Overall great food, friendly helpful staff and value for money. Will definitely return.

7  Thank Dawn J
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We had a lovely time at Jilabi's. The food was great, the staff were funny, witty and generally created a superb atmosphere with all customers. One guy was offered a lollipop and he said 'Sorry, I'm the driver' - Just good banter all around, without feeling embarrassed or put on the spot. Good team of people to work there. I ordered a wrap for a starter, but received potatoes and mushrooms by accident, which the waiter said was complementary, as they had made a mistake. Less than 5 minutes later my starter had arrived. Fantastic service, very kind and pleasant. At the end of the meal we were offered complementary coffee, ice cream with a marshmallow and sweets, which was a fantastic extra. Definitely a place worth going more than once. The waiter pointed out that on your birthday you get a cake and they all have a good sing along, so I shall be bringing my friend on his birthday, it'll be a blast. We had a fantastic time tonight, thanks! :)

5  Thank Yasumy