“24 hours in paradise”

Borgo Le Terre Del Verde
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Gualdo Tadino
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Great place far away from reality. If you are looking for an isolated and relaxed village hotel this is the right place. Great room, good dinner, gentle people. I needed to be for a while doing nothing between my many business trip around the world. Just 24 hours with my beloved wife in nowhere. I will be back ASAP.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Massimliano B

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This hotel is amazing from the time you enter the driveway, walking through the entry foyer and over the glass floor covered well, to entering your room and peering out the windows at the surrounding countryside. Take the time to explore the hotel and walk around the grounds and out-buildings, and enjoy a very generous and delicious dinner in the beautiful restaurant. A minimum of 2 nights is a must, to fully enjoy everything this resort has to offer.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 23Meg122
Marika C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Borgo Le Terre Del Verde, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dearest Guest,
Many thanks for leaving your opinion and sharing your experience at Le Terre del Verde with all Trip Advisor friends. Our resort with its location is the best place to live holiday among relax, nature, wellness and history. Our keyword is authenticity: in our services, in our food, in our buildings ..to welcome and give to all customers a little restorative paradise. With the springtime beginning we offer many activities open air, we have special offers for couples and families. We ask you to follow us on our website to discover the latest for next months.
We hope to have you back in the near future as our guests, best regards

Reviewed 5 September 2013

After visiting Assisi in the morning we needed to travel to San Marino, via Urbino, so we decided to look for a hotel enroute. The Borgo was only 45 minutes or so from Assisi, and offered the special room for the night I was looking for as it was my wife’s Birthday – a older building with character in nice countryside.

Finding the hotel was not to hard – but there was no obvious sign from the road so do your research well before you go (I looked at Google Street View and so recognised the turning when I saw it). The hotel is in a nice valley, surrounded by hills, with a number of buildings / facilities (Outdoor swimming pool – with a little place to buy drinks was nice, also Tennis courts). Could be a good place to walk / cycle from – but we never did.

We stayed in the Suite Merli, which constituted the top two floors of the main tower. Great rooms, with a sofa bed / fireplace on the lower floor and double bed / bathroom on the upper floor. The upper floor has windows on all sides and so when the curtains where drawn back you get a great view. However, with so much glass, the room got quite hot – and so we did keep the curtains drawn most of the time!

The bath room on the upper floor was separated from the bedroom by glass walls – not everyone’s taste if you like a bit of privacy on the toilet  (there are net curtains around the toilet). Another reason why you might have the curtains drawn as you could literally be seen 360 degrees from outside and inside the room!

As the hotel was 4* with a Restaurant I was looking forward to a nice meal in the evening. However, that night (at least) there was a buffet menu in a ‘marquee’ structure nearby. We tried it – and maybe this is an English thing – but it did not really come up to a 4* hotel restaurant standard for me. It was cold – so ok I went and put a jumper on. It lacked character / atmosphere when compared with the hotel itself. It was a little confusing – food seemed to come out in a random order – I was never really sure what course I was eating, and if there was another to come! There was a dog tied up outside that barked and barked. Not bad, but not great either. The owner came over and was very friendly – which was nice. Maybe there was a function in the main restaurant? Or maybe there wasn’t one?

In summary, great room with character, space, etc. Good facilities like the pool. Good place to stop if you are driving between Assisi and Urbino. Restaurant could have been more ‘traditional’.

Room Tip: If you can afford it - go for the Suite Merli (Presidential suite when you book online)
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Balleeee
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Just spent a night there, I usually stop there for business. At arrival I was slightly disappointed, they told me the fitness center was already closed (it was 6.15pm). At the end that was a luck....I did some jogging, about 40 minutes, all inside this place. It is actually like a small village, with all constructions by stones, looking like medieval time, crossed by a stream river, immersed in a green field, plenty of flowers and..........fruits trees!! I saw many of my favorites, apples, apricots, and....mulberries!!! Something that You will not find in a Supermarket. I finished my jogging, and after I stopped below some trees, eating them as when I was kid (it was exactly the right season).....
This place is beautiful, I would love to live or stay here with my kids. I also saw a pond were they probably farm some trouts.
Enjoyed the room, very spacious, Internet working excellent (a Router was installed in the room).
I did not like the TV, it's too small for the room size, and also old style (not flat).
In the morning I had an excellent breakfast, and the outside area, was simply perfect, in a perfect weather.......All the cakes were home made, and there is plenty of choices to satisfy all needs.
Briefly, this is a place more for an holiday with family, or a romantic weekend (they also have a wellness center), than a place for a business stop. But for sure I will stop again also for business :D
I did not try the wellness, the fitness, the restaurant and the swimming pool.
You need to have a car.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Gianluca G
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I stayed here with my family for two weeks. Not at the hotel but at the agriturismo, situated on this beautiful estate. The appartment was very spacious and very quiet. On this large estate is a large outdoor swimmingpool with bar, restaurant, wellness center, tenniscourt and even a small church. Beautiful surroundings for walking and mountain biking. Cities worth visiting are Gubbio and Perugia. The entire staff was very helpful and very kind. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Gerretzen
Reviewed 18 June 2012

this hotel was so beautiful. I am only sorry we were only booked for one night- this would be the perfect place to stay for a while to relax and replenish. just remember to turn at the road sign that says Badia! and the restaurant was superb.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Alice R
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for a night, making use of our Smartbox gift package.

It was a bit hard to find, and we had to ask a few people on the way how to get there, as the GPS navigator did not recognize the spot. The telephonic instructions from the reception were very helpful, but didn’t quite do the job.
The complex itself s beautiful, and a lot of attention has been put to details.
However, it was (I guess only in winter) annoying to go out and enter again the various parts of structure to go to the spa, breakfast or reception, as it was very cold outside and very warm inside.
Our room was small, and most likely meant for one person – there was one chair, one nightstand, and a single wardrobe. Nevertheless the bed was big enough and comfortable – despite being two separate beds put together.
The spa service is excellent – the scrub was included in our Smartbox, but we both had a full body massage additionally.
We had dinner at the restaurant, very tasty but a bit awkward, as we were the only guests, and the staff seemed a bit tired.
Breakfast was abundant and of good quality.
Reception staff was kind, but often on the phone and therefore difficult to talk to: a four star hotel cannot have only one person at the front desk.
Overall a pleasant experience, worth a second visit in the warmer season.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sagf
borgoterre, Direzione at Borgo Le Terre Del Verde, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2012

Thank you for your review, we are pleased that you describe your stay as a pleasent experience overall. Your opinion and comments are all useful suggestions for us to improve our services. As regards the road directions, we would like to inform you that we are plotted on GPS and mobile ( the updated versions for 2011). In case of difficulty , we are usually able to give all the necessary information to get at our Resort. However, we are planning to increase road directions in several strategic points. Your stay was in a particularly busy period, just before Christmas and New Year's Eve . We received many reservations and requests for information by phone during that period which probably made communication with the receptionist more difficult. We are very sorry for that, and we assure you that our main philisophy and interest is to understand and satisfy every customer's need. However, we are pleased that you have decided to come back, we are waiting for you in the coming spring months.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gualdo Tadino
Borgobrufa SPA Resort
Borgobrufa SPA Resort
#1 of 3 in Torgiano
11 mi away
Nun Assisi Relais & Spa Museum
Relais Monastero di San Biagio
Valle Di Assisi, BW Premier Collection
Valle Di Assisi, BW Premier Coll...
#1 of 23 in Santa Maria degli Angeli
Relais Dell'Olmo
Relais Dell'Olmo
#3 of 65 in Perugia
Castello di Petrata
Castello di Petrata
#5 of 72 in Assisi

Been to Borgo Le Terre Del Verde? Share your experiences!