“Just Another Basilica”

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Just Another Basilica”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Well, actually its just like another Basilica which you may have seen in Italy or other countries.
It has a great architecture; Worth to visit at least once.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank HatefRad

Teignmouth, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Unique and elegant”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Having read the first guide which was negative I feel I have to back up the comments made most of the Vercellese about their wonderful basilica. The first time I came to Vercelli, in 1996, I was stunned by its graceful architecture . I love the arcades in the adjoining cloisters and the red brick of the structure.
Although the interior is empty in comparison with British churches, it is possible to appreciate it even more without any distraction. I like the large painted wooden statue of the Madonna standing in an alcove to the right of the altar; she has been there at least since the 17th century.
Every time I go through Vercelli by train, I always look out of the window to have a glimpse of Sant' Andrea. It has to be visited to be really appreciated, however.

Visited October 2011