“Feels like coming home to mom...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stamsund
Anne Gerd's Lofoten
Ranked #1 of 1 Stamsund B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This was my 10th visit to this house, and the first one in winter at the new location in Stamsund. I was excited to see Anne Gerd's new home in this season - and I instantly loved it. The snow-covered garden, the frozen lake nearby and the cosy house itself: Lofoten Guesthouse is my recommendation for a winter stay.
The house is located centrally on Lofoten, so it's only a drive of one hour to either to the very west end at Å or Svolvær, the major city of the Archipelago. I did some excursions over the islands and had the opportunity to try snowshoeing in the surroundings. Anne Gerd gave me a brand-new pair for free, which i would say is not common, because almost everywhere else you're charged for something like this.
Evenings were filled with cooking and eating together, with Anne Gerd, her lovely family and sometimes with other guests, too. This is what i like particularly about this house: it's familiar athmosphere. Your not just a guest, who arrives, pays and leaves, but for some days you are part of the family. Unless you do not wish that and want to be on your own. But then: why would you book a Guesthouse like this?
I had the double room at the corner of the upper floor, which was cosy and quiet. It's got lake view, but I did not see very much of that, because I just went to sleep in the room. The rest of the time I enjoyed with Anne Gerd and her family down in the living area.
I'm looking forward to come here again in summer - back to my "host mom"...

Room Tip: I've seen all guest rooms. Any of them is as good as the other.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chicken_3H
Anne Gerd L, Owner at Anne Gerd's Lofoten, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you so much for a nice review. It is always a pleasure having you here. You and the people you bring always create an amusing atmosphere in the house. And I hope we will still for a long time enjoy your annual visits, even though you may now every inch of the region by now. you will always find new light settings for fantastic photos, different hikes and weather challenges. Welcome back - any time!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We arrived at Anne Gerd's house with two friends and had a wonderful stay, unfortunately only for 2 nights. Just five minutes after we arrived, we found ourselves skiing and snow shoeing on the frozen lake! Anne Gerd is very sweet and easygoing. The rooms and the bathroom are very clean and spacious. You can also use the living room to chill and also enjoy the fireplace. No worries about the car park! The house is an hour away from Reine and the drive is breathtaking. All Lofoten and Tromso were covered in white during our stay. I am excited about going back on spring.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank morisabravaya
Anne Gerd L, Owner at Anne Gerd's Lofoten, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thanks for your nice review, it is a pleasure sharing my home and time with interesting and positive people like you. For summer stay there will be kayaks and bikes available and numerous hiking routes.

Looking forward to having you back any time.

Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

We went to Northern Norway to see the northern lights. It was cloudy and we couldn't but instead we got to meet Anne Gerd and stay at her wonderful house. That was wonderful!

The house is beautiful, clean, spacious and full of life. Luckily Anne's adorable grandchlidren were there and it felt like we were staying in my aunt's house with my little cousins. There was lots of good food, laughter and stories...

This was not what we were expecting of Norway and we were delightfully surprised. The winter is very scenic in Norway and we hope ro cone back around summer too.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank eminenoyan
Anne Gerd L, Owner at Anne Gerd's Lofoten, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Thank you so much for a very pleasant review. We were just as pleased having you as our guests!! The children are still expecting to see you coming back and play. Looking forward to seeing you in summer, lots of activities are waiting for you;)

Reviewed 10 March 2013

I had the good fortune of staying at Anne Gerd's beautiful house on Lofoten Islands for a few nights.

Not only was her house extremely well-decorated à la Laura Ashley, it is spacious and situated in front of a lake, surrounded by mountains and forests.

Double room on the ground floor was cosy and had access to the huge bathroom, which was heated and clean.

The kitchen is every woman's dream with country furnishings and wonderful appliances. Anne Gerd completed it with lovely breakfasts of Norwegian bread, cheese, ham and jam.

Great location in a scenic area, just 10 minutes' drive away from Stamsund port if arriving by Hurtigruten, and 10 minutes' drive to the nearest town, Leknes.

Anne Gerd was a most hospitable and passionate lady. She shared a lot about Lofoten Islands and made our stay perfect.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank wintryposy
Anne Gerd L, Owner at Anne Gerd's Lofoten, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Thanks a lot for a very nice review. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. Love to have you back some day ;)

Reviewed 23 February 2013

If you ever visit Lofoten Islands, Anne Gerd's Lofoten Guesthouse is the perfect place to stay during your trip. Located 10 minuted drive to Leknes, 1 hour to Reine and 1 hour to Svolvaer the Guesthouse is very central. What needs to be highlighted is the outstanding hospitality of Anne Gerd Lind, owner of the Guesthouse. Anne Gerd is such a warmhearted hostess you will rarely find elsewhere. She offers breakfast with home baked bread, different types of cheese and ham, momemade jam from fruits from the garden and lot of different other things you will like. You can use the living room with the fireplace and often you will have a nice chat with her. Anne Gerd knows the Lofoten Islands by heart and she likes to recommend you the ultimate places for you daily visits. At Anne Gerd's Guesthouse you are almost integrated into the family and not just a guest that sleeps in room No. X. If you don't mind sharing the great bathroom with other guests that might be present I guess you won't find any better place to stay. I will come back soon!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Anne Gerd L, Owner at Anne Gerd's Lofoten, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2013

Thank you. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to welcoming you again in April.

Reviewed 27 December 2012

Anne Gerd: very hospitable, helpful and very good host. Lovely place, ideal for exploring Lofoten. Home made breakfasts and even one day Anne Gerd had been out fishing with some friends and she happily shared her "sei" fish with us that evening for dinner. Just as well, as I would not rate the restaurants in the area very highly.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Frudle
Anne Gerd L, Owner at Anne Gerd's Lofoten, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2012

Sorry, I cannot respond in Spanish. But I understand you are satisfied with your stay. Thank you so much, and welcome back any time.

Reviewed 12 December 2012

A friend and I stayed at Anne's while visiting the Lofoten Islands for 2 days in October. They stay was wonderful and they made us feel like part of the family. Her family is beautiful and extremely welcoming. They supplied us with maps and equipment for our day trips, and they also invited us to their family dinner. I definitely suggest Anne's place to anyone looking for a place to stay! We were also able to see the northern lights at her house as were leaving for the airport! We had a wonderful visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Anne Gerd L, Owner at Anne Gerd's Lofoten, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

Thank you, it is a pleasure getting feedback like this. This make my "job" a pleasure and both family and friends find this social interaction interesting and rewarding. Welcome back - to enjoy another season.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamsund
Thon Hotel Lofoten
#2 of 2 in Stamsund
Lysvoldbrygga
Lysvoldbrygga
#1 of 1 in Henningsvaer

Been to Anne Gerd's Lofoten? Share your experiences!