This was my 10th visit to this house, and the first one in winter at the new location in Stamsund. I was excited to see Anne Gerd's new home in this season - and I instantly loved it. The snow-covered garden, the frozen lake nearby and the cosy house itself: Lofoten Guesthouse is my recommendation for a winter stay.
The house is located centrally on Lofoten, so it's only a drive of one hour to either to the very west end at Å or Svolvær, the major city of the Archipelago. I did some excursions over the islands and had the opportunity to try snowshoeing in the surroundings. Anne Gerd gave me a brand-new pair for free, which i would say is not common, because almost everywhere else you're charged for something like this.
Evenings were filled with cooking and eating together, with Anne Gerd, her lovely family and sometimes with other guests, too. This is what i like particularly about this house: it's familiar athmosphere. Your not just a guest, who arrives, pays and leaves, but for some days you are part of the family. Unless you do not wish that and want to be on your own. But then: why would you book a Guesthouse like this?
I had the double room at the corner of the upper floor, which was cosy and quiet. It's got lake view, but I did not see very much of that, because I just went to sleep in the room. The rest of the time I enjoyed with Anne Gerd and her family down in the living area.
I'm looking forward to come here again in summer - back to my "host mom"...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A friendly B&B at a family home, on the shore of a trout lake, overlooking mountains.Traditional Norwegian breakfast is included. Free parking and wifi access. Access to laundry room and jacuzzi bathtub. Rustic sauna by the lake is being planned for this autumn/winter season. Access to kayaks for lake and sea. Many trails in forests and mountains direct from the doorsteps. Fantastic skiing area, both cross-country and downhill, snowboarding and snowshoeing. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Anne Gerd`s Hotel Stamsund
- Anne Gerd`s Bed And Breakfast
- Anne Gerd's Lofoten Stamsund, Norway - Lofoten Islands