“Great,great,great”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

we youst have no word for this place, place to visit, to sit down and to enjoy! Highly recommended place for superb food and service! Best way to finish great holiday in great Croatia!

1  Thank nicowb123

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Not cheap but worth every Kune. Food prepared with great care and delicacy, ambience delightful and service superb.
An experience to be repeated and recommended.

2  Thank Neil-mno
Reviewed 30 June 2013

The place is delicious right on the see. for sure the fish is all fresh but it definetely overpriced compared to the other restaurants in Cres or in the more touristy Malj Losinj.

7  Thank Nemorino64
Reviewed 25 June 2013

It's been now more then 10 years since our first meal at this little spot of heaven on Earth and yet still, they manage to impress us. We (my wife and I) have become very good friends as well with the owners of this place (at least the second generation :) as we are regulars since 2003 if I am not mistaken... Yesterday for example, the waitress even put the dressing on herself, at the table and made me a salad from heaven that accompanied one of the best lamb chops I have ever had, that melted as they entered my mouth... But, meat is not the reason you come to this restaurant..... Try.... anything from the fish side of the menu or even better let Martina & Ivan advise you on what is "the catch of the day".... Our favorites are: scampi in a red sauce (called "buzara") and with a special kind of pasta, Bavette... We eat it as a desert, rather then a main meal, as it is sooooo delicious, than all the possible kind of fish which you find in their fridge, put on the grill less then 24h after being caught (sometimes less then 8h or so...). Simply the best as Giordano (the father, owner and master chef of the grill) takes good care of it so it arrives at is best on your table... Than the shellfish that is being kept in the sea just before it gets prepared...
And I could go on and on taking about their pancakes, Sorbetto, home mad jam, olives..... To make it short: if you think you have eaten great fish, or if you like fish, or if you are simply on the island of Cres looking for an experience that will change your holiday habits, you have to come and try it out... We have chosen Valun as our holiday vacation, mostly because of this restaurant and all year long, we wait to come here to spoil our taste buds... Come and see for yourself.

1  Thank Sebastian R
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

my family and I were in this fantastic restaurant on jun 10th and we found everything just for 5. meal,service, atmosphere, sorrounding, view! but the most fantastic thing was experience of eating fresh fish (crudo, carpaccio)
after this we orderd seabass grilled- unforgettable experience
keep being simply the best