Had a week at this hotel very recently. It's a little off the beaten track set in the middle of an olive grove with a mountain range close by. It's lovely and peaceful and very attractive - our room opened onto the olive grove and the view was lovely; it also smells divine. The place is just the right size and very well run. It's spotlessly clean and very comfortable with one exception which is the PILLOWS - they were terrible (to an English visitor!) being small and hard and very uncomfortable. Also, it would have been great to have a mosquito screen across the door to the terrace so that the insects were kept out at night - I got bitten to death, but that always happens to me. The pool are is lovely, with two good pools - one for adults, one for children. The restaurant is on a terrace with lovely views of the mountain range - having breakfast and dinner there was just fabulous. There's a terrace bar and a small shop for basics (all the rooms have a fridge and small kitchenette area although we could never make a cup of tea as we couldn't get the water to boil!). All the staff were helpful and friendly and the facilities are very good. It's a short walk into the nearest village and about a kilometre to the beach which was beautiful - very long and sandy and safe with some busy 'family' areas and other much quieter parts. We didn't have a car and didn't find we really needed one as we walked everywhere and on the day we went to Chania we got the bus which was pretty easy. I would thoroughly recommend this place and would definitely go back. A nice little touch was that we were each given a bottle of olive oil made from the olives of the estate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated within an organic olive garden of 22000 square meters, offers its guests great moments of peace and nature. Its privileged location between the historic cities of Rethymno (17km) and Chania (43km, international airport), allows visitors to explore the island. Enjoy the longest sandy beach of Crete (1km) and relax by the unique ecosystem of Kournas lake (4km). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Vardis Olive Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vardis Hotel Georgioupolis
- Vardis Olive Garden Crete/Georgioupolis