See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 May 2017

after reading previous reviews i decided to go and make my own mind up! i arrived late evening,i was travelling alone so a bit nervous anyway,i was greeted and bags carried to apartment, unfortunately,i was given the top floor apartment, with no lift.i should state that i hadn't told hotel this at time of booking. i have severe breathing difficulties and have to use medical equipment., i told the reception this and as it was so late he asked if i could stay the night and come to reception in morning.next day i went and was upgraded and put on beachfront,groundfloor room.it was clean but basic.i was more than happy.as i was travelling alone i didnt like the outdoor restaurant,found it quite intimidating.also,seems to be a lot of polish guests and entertainment and such is directed to them.the food is basic,so maybe not for the fussy eater,but their was a meat dish,fish rice and veg each day plus lots of fresh salad.i found it all really satisfactory no complaints. second day i met some English people who told me to go reception and request food from bella italia the bar next to my room,i loved this.the staff were wonderful with me, from the serving staff to Costas the bar manager who makes a mean cocktail (not included in all inclusive) to maria the manageress. met a great group of people and enjoyed my time here.as i said its basic but cleaners renewed towels every other day and on one day i wasn't well she checked if i needed anything,kept room spotless,couldnt praise the staff enough to be honest.anyway the price i paid i was delighted and would go again, feeling quite safe travelling alone

Room Tip: free wifi at bella italia :-)
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank Rachael A
Reviewed 7 May 2017

Where do I start I'll list the bad and good.

Bad
When we turned up at the hotel the attitude of the staff was terrible, I asked where the pool was and he just pointed and out there.
At the breakfast you have never seen a complete cluster as that, the staff where rude and not helpful. The breakfast was awful. Boiled eggs, Chips,coffee machine always Broken.
This hotel is supposed to be all inclusive, Really!!! The barstool serving at 2230hrs, and the only got cheap vodka, raki, ouzo, and only give you dirty glasses.Theyhave cocktails when I asked for one they said yeah we have, raki and orange and raki with cola!!!!!!
The room was disgusting and ants love the toilet area. Paint was hanging of the walls and damp patches everywhere. The pool was as big as a paddling pool you buy for your garden and idont think they have ever cleaned it.on arrival to the room nothing was working, as soon. I put the lights it blew, and the lamps on the wall where hanging of and you could see the wires.i highly reconmend if you are british DO NOT STAY HERE! Didn't understand one person there. I could go on and on !

Good
weather, and the Cotton Club where we ate everyday, even tho we where all inclusive

absolute Dump!

Room Tip: Stay Clear! Absolute Dump
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank daviddarville
Reviewed 18 May 2016

The Montreal Hotel did not seem to exist. We were directed to a hotel reception area which had a different name???
The hotel was spread out between various buildings so did not look like the picture in the brochure. The hotel was not on the beach;it was about 200 metres from the beach.You had to pay extra for a swim in the spa centre at 15 euros a day. You could have a massage for 75 euros!!
We ordered a two room apartment; we had a sink but no kettle, plates,cups etc..
The bathroom was very basic with a shower tap attached to a bath. As usual in Greece no toilet paper allowed down the toilet.
Staff at reception were pleasant and tried to be helpful and gave me the impression they were well prepared for the list of complaints we had to share with them.
This hotel is well below the standard we have come to expect.It need to concentrate on providing some finer touches to make the guests feel welcome and well looked after.

Room Tip: Spiral stairs difficult with heavy cases so choose ground floor as there is no lift.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
5  Thank tnyltn
Reviewed 2 July 2015

Me and my GF was here for one night (was supposed to be staying for 7 nights ) booked by our travel agency. Upon arrival we where sent to one near by hotel to check inn, already the red flags was flying, we was under the impression that the hotel had a front desk, and that there where a restaurant in the hotel, non was true. since we arrived so late (4am) we just headed to bed, and the hotel looked fine at this hour after a long day of traveling. When we waked up we realized what a bad place we had been lured in to.

Pee stains all over the toilet, no working shower. The floor was crawling with bugs. The window curtains was not big enough to cover the windows, so you could see all activity's going on inside (and outside). The fossett's was full of human grease and old soap stains. The floors was sticky and bed sheets was not clean. The pool was full of algae, so much you could write your name on the pool walls.

The breakfast and dinner was served in a 3th hotel, and when trying to address the problems with the front desk at this other hotel, they refused any complaints and was not bothered at all, until we just packed our bags and handed them the keys, then they wanted to help us, but at this point there was no turning back for us. We already booked a new hotel and could finally enjoy our holiday. The Travel agency refunded all of our expenses of the hotel change.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Christer N
Reviewed 22 June 2015

Just returned after a week, staying at The Montreal Hotel, Georgioupolis. My girlfriend and I shared a double room. The hotel was fine, as was the area. 4 bed large room, very clean and kept clean all week by the very friendly staff. The air con didn't appear to work, shame, as it was pretty hot during the day, and only a little cooler in the night. So we opened the large windows at night, only for the mosquitoes to come in and bite my girlfriend unmercilessly. So after a couple of days I went to speak to the very approachable front desk staff, who informed me that air con was an extra ( really ? ) So I opted to pay an extra 5 Euros per night, only to get back to my room with a remote control, only to find out the air con didn't work at all, despite my best efforts. The next day the friendly desk staff promptly let us change rooms, and we finally had air con. Wonderful. We'd gone all inclusive. This was OK. Food wasn't too bad at all and the waiters were hard working and polite. Drinks wise, no spirits ie whisky rum, brandy were included, not even the local stuff, only beer and wine. The beer was fine, the wine, Mm, I brew my own at home, and mine's better ! I'm not a wine buff, just like a half decent glass. We stuck to beer. If this sounds like a bit of a moan, it isn't. We'd happily go again. Staff wonderful, Hotel clean, Food OK, Resort very nice, Beaches up and down, very good. And using the hire car, Crete is positively beautiful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Montreal Hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms appeared decent, we heard no complaints
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple