My husband and I returned from a week all inclusive at the La Palma Princess on Christmas Eve.We knew from reading the details on the hotel that, yes, it was in a quiet location and was a "bit remote". Althought the hotel is in a quiet location it was as described and was just the holiday we expected, so no surprises there.
The journey from the airport to the hotel was not as bad as I had expected and took around 50 minutes or so. The roads are certainly windy and I am quite a nervous passenger but I have to say that I felt very safe as the coach driver seemed very accomplished.
Check in took about 20 minutes or so and our cases were left for the porters to take to our room whilst we went straight to the restaurant for dinner.
Our room was very spacious and clean. It could be described as a little dated but we had no complaints and the bed was huge. The bathroom had a fab shower with great water pressure and hot water at all times, there was also a bath if you preferred.
We used the late breakfast area in the mornings as it was lovely to eat outside in the sun overlooking the sea on the patio area. Food was freshly cooked to order and we had no complaints about the breakfasts as there was plenty of choices.
The restaurant in the evening provided a wide menu with plenty of meats, fish, pasta and salads etc. There was a whole area devoted to desserts too if you have a sweet tooth and 3 icecreams to choose from. All in all I think that the food was of a good standard and there was something for everyone.
Lunch could be taken at the main restaurant or you could go to the pizzaria where you could eat in or take out different sandwiches, freshly made pizzas, burgers, chips etc. Food was of an excellent standard here.
Drinks were available on tap in the way of wines and beer together with the soft drinks. The poolside bar had a menu for all inclusive guests with a wide range of choices including some cocktails which I sampled!
Evening entertainment was mixed. We went to the see the entertainment every evening and there were a few good acts and it was fun to watch.
The pools are huge and there is no worries of any overcrowding with regards to sunbeds as there were hundreds available. My partner had his birthday whilst we were staying and we were very touched by a bottle of cava which appeared on ice in our room that evening, A very nice touch from the hotel and a birthday card too.
My husband used the spa as a treat for his birthday and had a full body massage which he said was very good. He also got to use the hydrojets too for no extra charge.
Overall we were very happy with the hotel, the food and facilities and would recommend the hotel for anyone who wants a week or two in the sun especially at this time of the year, as the weather was 23 to 25 degrees every day. If you are looking for a clubbing or action packed tourist area don't come to La Palma, but if you want a relaxing break in beautiful unspoilt surroundings then try this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star hotel with its gigantic pool area is located in the sunny south-west of La Palma. Above the sea surrounded by banana plantations, the La Palma & Teneguia Princess is a paradise for those seeking tranquility. The layout of the resort resembles a small canarian village. 625 rooms are spread over several buildings, nestled within tropical gardens. Most of the rooms provide amazing sea or garden or pool views. Hotel guests may choose between 11 outdoor pools - including a pool with an artificial beach, a kids pool and an adults-only pool in the nudist area. Relaxation also plays a very important role at the La Palma & Teneguía Princess. Its SPA Aqua Princess offers on 700 m2 a jacuzzi, saunas, vichy showers and hydro-waterbeds. At a total of 5 restaurants (one of them opened seasonally), guests can enjoy hot and cold dishes from the buffet, themed evenings, à la carte meals, snacks or a tasting menu. To burn off those extra calories guests can play tennis, mini golf, use the gym or participate in the sports programme of the animation team. Romantic evenings are included: The La Palma & Teneguía Princess is perfect for sunset lovers and passionate stargazers. It's for a good reason the Isla Bonita has been chosen the world's first ,,Starlight Reserve". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Palma Princess & Teneguia Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Palma Princess And Teneguia Princess
- La Palma Princess & Teneguia Princess Hotel Fuencaliente De La Palma
- La Palma Princess & Teneguia Princess Fuencaliente De La Palma