Arrived by First Choice Airways, which by the return journey will be my last choice. Hotel check in was very slow and by the time we were processed the lady had lost all patience and virtually threw the key card at us and told us to go forth and find our room in block 9. Eventually we did find the room and went straight to evening meal as it was gone 10 in the evening.
The room was a suite which consited of two rooms with the interconnecting door open. So we shut it and hardly ever went in there. dissappointing suite, not worth the extra, but the room itself was very comfortable, and in our weeks stay, 13th to 20th July 12, we never heard any noise at all. very good point. The hilly hotel site did wear you down throughout the week but we expected this so no surprise.
Food was good for mass caterering, but the attitude of the hotel to 'All Inclusive' residents was bad. they actually produced a list of Dont's and Dont's for us second class citizens.
We went on two trips that were fantastic if you liked negotiating 300 hairpin bends at 15% gradient on mountain-side roads up to 8000ft. to the top of the volcano. My wife loved it, I was **** scared, spent most of the time staring at the rock face instead of the shear drops that where ever present. My thanks to the fantastic Lady coach driver for getting me home safe and sound.
As previously said, the return flight was dire, with the lady in front already having extra leg room, decided she wanted some of our space as well, and threw her seat fully back,. even on landing she still kept it back, with no attempt by the stewardesses to correct this.
First Choice, you really need to brush up on your landing procedure safety conditions!
All in all a pleasant hotel, but with no beach was not what we wanted, totally my fault, I booked it. would we go back, no. Would we fly with First Choice / Thomson again, NO. That is after our 10th holiday with them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star hotel with its gigantic pool area is located in the sunny south-west of La Palma. Above the sea surrounded by banana plantations, the La Palma & Teneguia Princess is a paradise for those seeking tranquility. The layout of the resort resembles a small canarian village. 625 rooms are spread over several buildings, nestled within tropical gardens. Most of the rooms provide amazing sea or garden or pool views. Hotel guests may choose between 11 outdoor pools - including a pool with an artificial beach, a kids pool and an adults-only pool in the nudist area. Relaxation also plays a very important role at the La Palma & Teneguía Princess. Its SPA Aqua Princess offers on 700 m2 a jacuzzi, saunas, vichy showers and hydro-waterbeds. At a total of 5 restaurants (one of them opened seasonally), guests can enjoy hot and cold dishes from the buffet, themed evenings, à la carte meals, snacks or a tasting menu. To burn off those extra calories guests can play tennis, mini golf, use the gym or participate in the sports programme of the animation team. Romantic evenings are included: The La Palma & Teneguía Princess is perfect for sunset lovers and passionate stargazers. It's for a good reason the Isla Bonita has been chosen the world's first ,,Starlight Reserve". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Palma Princess & Teneguia Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Palma Princess And Teneguia Princess
- La Palma Princess & Teneguia Princess Hotel Fuencaliente De La Palma
- La Palma Princess & Teneguia Princess Fuencaliente De La Palma