This was an excellent resort which provided a much needed relaxing break for a family of 4 including two teenagers. I hope this provides a balanced review, but for our purposes and generally high standards we set, I can safely say this was a superb resort and holiday experience.
- Space - the hotel has been poorly promoted and generally only half full for the peak summer months. It was a pure joy to stroll down to pool at sensible time and still have a choice of sunbeds / shaded areas. Long may it stay poorly promoted - this is a gem! With 11 pools there is no shortage of areas to explore. Amazing cliff top location overlooking ocean - stunning sun sets. Reception and entertainment areas were well furnished and great places to relax in the day or evening.
Rooms - good size, cleaned daily and possibly the best shower ever experienced in a foreign hotel. Beds were a bit firm for my liking but with beer on tap, I was able to ensure this wasn't a problem :) Inter-connecting rooms ensured privacy for mum and dad plus some independence for teenagers - worked well.
- Food - mass catering buffet food can be of variable & dubious quality but this hotel provided variety and excellent quality food throughout our stay.
- Staff / Rep - Waiters were friendly enough, bar staff had little personality - was I bothered about that - not really, they did their job, slowly (see bar staff further down). Jay, our rep was knowledgeable and available when he said he would be.
- Animation Team / Entertainment - top class young ladies on Animation always enthusiastic on every event, keen for you to join in, but not pushy. Good range of events throughout day and evening, well organised and fun to be part of.
Potential Negatives (for some people)
Location - it's a volcanic island so be prepared for the many hairpin turns up & down mountain on the coach. The resort is set in the middle of banana plantation so there is no town very close by or within easy walk. Unless you do planned trip (at cost), there is no where to go.
Bar - our biggest let down was speed of service from bar staff in the evening. A real shame as everything else was so good.
Slopes /steps - it's a volcanic island so it will be hilly. As a result, this won't be a place for those with difficulty walking / buggies. Not mentioned in brochure which I think is wrong. Slopes are steep, steps large in places.
Pizzeria - good idea for fast food near pool, but flies were in constant attendance. Spoiled that experience.
Wifi - for a hotel of this standard, disappointing that wifi still had to be purchased. They expect it to be free next year.
In summary, no hesitation in returning to this lovely small island - a perfect place to relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star hotel with its gigantic pool area is located in the sunny south-west of La Palma. Above the sea surrounded by banana plantations, the La Palma & Teneguia Princess is a paradise for those seeking tranquility. The layout of the resort resembles a small canarian village. 625 rooms are spread over several buildings, nestled within tropical gardens. Most of the rooms provide amazing sea or garden or pool views. Hotel guests may choose between 11 outdoor pools - including a pool with an artificial beach, a kids pool and an adults-only pool in the nudist area. Relaxation also plays a very important role at the La Palma & Teneguía Princess. Its SPA Aqua Princess offers on 700 m2 a jacuzzi, saunas, vichy showers and hydro-waterbeds. At a total of 5 restaurants (one of them opened seasonally), guests can enjoy hot and cold dishes from the buffet, themed evenings, à la carte meals, snacks or a tasting menu. To burn off those extra calories guests can play tennis, mini golf, use the gym or participate in the sports programme of the animation team. Romantic evenings are included: The La Palma & Teneguía Princess is perfect for sunset lovers and passionate stargazers. It's for a good reason the Isla Bonita has been chosen the world's first ,,Starlight Reserve". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Palma Princess & Teneguia Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Palma Princess And Teneguia Princess
- La Palma Princess & Teneguia Princess Hotel Fuencaliente De La Palma
- La Palma Princess & Teneguia Princess Fuencaliente De La Palma