To arrive in Corfu with private car, will have to go through Greece's highways, one of which is A2, Thessaloniki - Igoumenitsa, which is beautifully built, with viaducts and tunnels, with beautiful scenery in the mountainous area that crosses. You must pay the following fees for highway: 2.40 E - approx. 14 km from Thessaloniki and one 2 E in 3 points to Igoumenitsa = 8.40 E (x 2, if you have to go back). Speed limits throughout its range to 130 km/h in some areas up to 60 km/h, 80km/h in tunnels. Highway is equipped with various sensors to detect movement of exceeding the speed limit, at entrances/exits of the tunnels, and inside tunnels (installed cameras and sensors installed in the road), you will find installed from place to place and the classic "boxes" with radar devices and sensors istalatate fixed point and sensors serving these boxes installed in the roadway;
The ferries from Igoumenitsa to Corfu Town (Kerkyra Town), Lefkimmi and Paxos ; you can view prices for travel on http://www.corfu-kerkyra.eu/html/english/timetable.htm
You have to pay for children : 4 E / child (5-14 years), and those under 5 years is not paid.
After I reached Lefkimmi, I had to go approx. 20 km to the Messonghi Beach Hotel. Landscape island is very rustic, disorder in which the people live for many years makes itself felt on this island, and there you will find unkempt houses, all with stunning contrast to the human eye-anywhere look, almost perfect combination between mountain and sea "smell salty" sea dominate the whole island, huge palm trees, cacti beautiful raised that spring from place to place, olive with their bizarre shapes, blue water bays, sometimes turcuoaz, cliffs surrounding the bays are all spectacular views are all things that nature has placed on this piece of land. But above all beauties are in total contrast to the locals who seem indifferent to the beauty that God gave them an inheritance, they do not care homes, gardens and roads.
Complex belonging to the Ioanian Hotels Group is huge, approx. 17 hectares which includes almost two hotels, Club Marmara Hotel and Messonghi Beach Hotel, both belonging to the same hotel group, noted above. The hotel complex comprises several buildings, all bearing different names (Main (main body of the hotel), Riverside (where I stayed and I), Twins (composed of two buildings - located very close to the beach), Poseidon). Tourists stay in the complex can benefit from the services of both hotels and here I refer to: swimming pools, bars, restaurants and entertainment programs for day/evening. If you need, you can request a deposit box at reception (deposit boxes located opposite the reception), you will be entitled to use it that free.
If you arrive early at the hotel, to the time set in the voucher,is not a problem. At the hotel will put plastic bracelets on hand so you can get everything you can offer the hotel. You can request to store luggage until 14.00, when you receive your hotel room, in a special room at the reception. My family throughout the holidays, all inclusive services received. Next i try to be as detailed as the hotel and can easily provide critical about certain aspects found:
• Main restaurants: There are 2 restaurants functional, one for each hotel in the conditions for serving the meal was very good. Careful with the greek's treated the tourists stay here is manifested by the good services that we receive (tablecloths were changed immediately after tourists ended, cutlery clean, neatly arranged tables). Upon completion of such food restaurant employees took the plate from the table, asking politely if you allow this, these people are always cheerful and communicative with tourists. At the 2 restaurants serving open buffet style is made for all three periods of the day when you could eat:
• Breakfast (between 07.00 - 09.30): You could find plenty of two types of sausage, tomatoes, cucumbers, 2 types of yogurt (with or without spices), their famous feta cheese, croissants (plain and with various fillings), butter and margarine, different types of jams, raisins, dates , orange slices, a variety of types of breakfast cereals, different preparations fried pastries (savory/sweet) and "british style" (beans, fried sausages, baked ham, scrambled eggs with mushrooms). In the dining room there is a toaster that you could cook one slice of bread. Could also serve coffee (nescafe coffee and natural coffee), milk (hot and cold), juice (of course "chemicals" to brew: orange (similar to the natural), apple and grapefruit) and water (cold) a dispenser placed in a corner. Optimal time in which you found the windows crowded with food was until 08.30 am;
• Lunch (between 12.30 - 14.30): Lunch was on some days, a traditional Greek feast, various preparations of seafood: clams cooked in red sauce with vegetables and squid with vegetables in white sauce - very tasty. You could find french fries (with kecup or mustard - especially the British prefer), different types of steaks (chicken, mutton, fish fillets (fried or cooked in the oven), sometimes fried anchovies, pork, different types of vegetable stews; cold dishes, sometimes you could find pizza, 2-3 types of pasta cooked italian style (spaghetti with red sauce, favored especially by children) - in the same category, you could find carbonarra farfale or rigatoni with sauce, pickles (cucumber, carrot, cauliflower - chopped - very tasty), different types of salads (lettuce, carrot, celery, cucumber) with 2-3 types of sauce dressing.
Drink: white wine - taste very good, red wine - taste very good (products served very cold - the carafe), beer, juice: same dispenser with "chemicals" - specified above or Pepsi / Fanta / Seven Up - served All the dispenser, soda and plain water (cold).
Sweets: i can say without exaggeration, that the greek style was just ok, you could find: watermelon and melon, peach, banana, apricot and cakes sometimes specific greek (very sweet, approx. 3-4 types) jelly with fruit and not least - ice cream (about 2-3 types) which is always at the discretion of tourists;
• Dinner (between 19.00 - 21.30): At dinner can serve a wide range of foods: foods cold, a lot of types of vegetable stews, salads, various meats (roasted, baked), I would like to specify that one evening we had meat pigeon sauce - very tasty. Greek dinner available to tourists and 1-2 types of soups. Sweets, and lunch were varied (the often changing types of cakes for lunch, dinner), fruit and ice cream. Types of drinks served at dinner were served at the lunch;
2. Pizza restaurant on the beach: This restaurant is not included in the "All inclusive" by the hotel complex, if you wanted to serve something, you had to pay. Here you could eat a large number of types of pizza - tasty and nicely fried. Longer could serve different types of drinks, cocktails (with or without alcohol), - all these preparations to additional payment. In the hotel complex there is a restaurant, one of the bars near the beach, now dismantled, located a few tables and chairs arranged in the shade for those who wanted to drink taken at the beach bar, restaurant abut that. I want to say that during staying at Messonghi Beach Hotel, the greeks have offered quality service at the restaurant. Regardless of the crowd of tourists and when you went to serve the meal, I can say that they always found food.
3. Buffet - "Morning Tea & Snacks": Between 10.30 and 12.00 at the main bar of the hotel complex served sandwiches and cakes without cream diferitre, they were all inclusive program;
4. Buffet - "Afternoon Tea & Snacks": Between 10.30 and 12.00 at the main bar of the hotel complex served coffee, tea and cakes without cream, all were in the program All inclusive;
5. Bars: the hotel complex there are 6 bars, as follows:
B1. The main bar of the main body of the hotel complex (opened between: 10.00 - 01.00): It has two types of service:
• All inclusive (Opening hours: 10.00 - 23.00): This program could serve unlimited amount of beer, wine (white and red - the carafe), brandy, ouzo (Greek traditional drink), soda, different combinations of beverages specified above (the topic of mint, Curacao and strawberries), water and juices from the dispenser (Pepsi / Fanta / Seven Up), orange juice, tea (4-5 types), and ice cream (5-6 types randomly - as long as the bar was open). The only problem was that your beer was served in plastic cups of 200 ml (containers too small, in my opinion ... could be the standard 400 ml, which are found everywhere in Europe);
• In addition to program all inclusive (Opening hours: 10.00 - 01.00): It would serve different types of alcoholic beverages, canned beer, liqueurs (all drinks served here are paid by tourists, who were benefiting from Ultra all inclusive - could serve without additional pay);
B2. Pool bar from the north - Hotel complex located in western (10.00 - 18.00): Drinks and products here could serve as the "All inclusive" described above;
B3. Bar near the hotel reception (open between the hours: 18.00 - 01.00): This program was not included in All inclusive, all served here had to pay, except those who had Ultra all inclusive;
B4. Beach Bar, located in the north of the hotel complex (opened between: 10.00 - 18.00): Drinks and products here could serve as the "All inclusive" than orange juice and ice cream, not served here;
B5. The bar on the beach, located in the middle of the beach owned by the hotel complex:
•Opening hours: 08.30 - 20.00 - There are different types of beverages outside the hours of all-inclusive program had to pay. Here you could also serve other drinks (martinis, whiskey, etc.) whenever you wanted - but you had to pay for them;
•Opening hours: 10.00 - 17.30 - All inclusive program - Drinks and products here could serve as the "All inclusive" than orange juice and ice cream is not served here;
B6. Bar located on the top floor terrace of the hotel's main building (opening hours: 18.00 - 23.00): This bar was was not all inclusive program and only those who benefited from Ultra all inclusive drinks were served without pay;
On the ground floor wing there a Riverside bar, now disused, called Morning Bar - assume that the moments of glory of this resort, there can be served hot drinks and cakes;
6. Chamber of Hotels: building where we stayed is called "Riverside", located east of the hotel complex on the ground floor facing the sea, I received a small terrace overlooking the pool in front wing, absolutely gorgeous. In warm moments of the day,children could enjoy the pool, then they could sit in the shade on the mini tearasa room or even in the room. The room had approx. 25 square meters have marble on the floor, 2 beds cemented (90/180 cm) and two bunk beds (90/180 cm), where the children slept. Furniture was a little old, but was well maintained, bed linens changed from 2 to 3 days, towels (large and small) every day. The linens and towels were impeccably white, clean room and bath maintenance is done every day, for example, that morning, in my haste to get a meal or the beach, i can not arrange my bed at 14.00 when i came in the room, i found everything arranged perfectly. In the room, contrary to most tourist offer accommodations in greece, had air conditioning, not to pay extra for this service. The only problem was mosquitoes (i recommend you appliance equipped with anti mosquito). Bath (about 3.5 meters square), not very modern, but very clean, hair dryer in our room did not work, but this is not affected us. The rest of the building, as in that of other buildings within the hotel complex, there were large balconies, the balconies were chairs and tables for relaxing tourists;
7. Beach: Quite large (approx. 25 m wide / 350 m), sand and round stones from the river, into the water was very smooth, sometimes sandy bottom, rocks elsewhere (rather uncomfortable) , water, deep blue, was very clear and above all I can say it was hot:
• Deck chairs on the beach: Those who were free, were those who benefited from Ultra all inclusive, the other tourists were paying 3 E/ day/deckchair + parasol included. Did not want to sit on a deckchair, there was no problem, you could sit on a beach towel, directly on the sand, no one had anything against (many tourists, proceeded in this way);
• Entertainment at sea: Parasailing, banana, kayaking, diving and others - had to pay;
• Boat trips: The organized day trips by sea - had to pay (20 E/adult, 5 E/child - out of the hotel dock at 09.00, walk through the surroundings of the island (they visited some caves and coves only accessible the sea), water and cold food - included in price), returning at 17.00;
• Sports on the beach: 2 sites developed for beach volleyball (at the ends of the beach) - free;
• Deficiencies found: Surface clean beaches, cigarette butts in the sand, a few showers did not work. One of the hotel employees who knew only Greek, and which served to the beach bar, located in the north of the hotel complex, was a constant daring, the employee sometimes affect mood tourists asking the services;
8. Spa Center: This center receive a lot of specific services for a fee; Therapy fish - two tanks were small fry that makes you feel better (do not worry, i looked myself in the tanks, not piranha from Amazon) - this service is paid;
• Entertainment team: I suppose that was well prepared, i have not participated in programs carried out there, but after happiness on the faces of french children present in large numbers there (all the programs there were taken only in french) means that the animators were very well prepared. If you had a very good financial situation, could require the services of a hostess to take care of your child only (it went to the beach, pool);
• Deficiencies found: The differences were made between children miniclub come through certain travel agencies, in the sense that animators are occupied by children who come through agencies may pay them their commission. Other children whose parents have not made reservations through the travel agency "approved" the miniclub animators were not accepted by them, totally unprofessional (with children who were guilty?...they had no reservation at this hotel?);
10. Pools: The resort hotel has five pools:
• The large swimming pool (depth gradually: from 1.30m to 1.90m) + small pool for children (depth: 0.5m) located in the eastern part of the hotel complex, in front of Riverside;
• The large swimming pool (depth gradually: from 1.60m to 2.20m) and slides which were water + small pool for children (depth: 0.5m), located in the middle of the hotel complex, it was salt water;
• Small pool for children (depth: 0.5m), located in the north of the hotel complex, near Miniclub with type octopus water slide, two mushrooms with water and dolphins (artesian) water jet;
• The large swimming pool - was round (depth: 1.60m), located in the western part of the hotel complex;
• The large swimming pool (depth gradually: from 1.60m to 2.20m) + children's pool (depth: 0.5m), located in the western part of the hotel complex, near the amphitheater;
All the pools have showers, which can be used by tourists and bars close, to serve various drinks, after the effort to swim. Around the pool are loungers, small tables and umbrellas for the sun, tourists can enjoy them for free;
• There are 2 water slides - one tube and one speed, large pool located in the center of the hotel complex. These water slides you do not have access only if you pay 5 E/day/person. (the hotel reception you will receive a plastic bracelet, a certain color). Was disturbing to learn that only those who came through an agency, benefiting from preferential tariff - 10 E/period/person (hotel managers disrespect to the rest of the tourists is obvious);
• Gymnastics in water - is held at certain times, the large pool in the center of the hotel complex, with professional coaching;
• Pool games - Polo in the large pool with water slides and mini polo pool for children in Western hotel complex;
• Park playground: Some swings, 2 slides and much else - their maintenance was not ok, they are outdated, the place was not protected from the sun. At noon, the sun was very intense, children could not play there - this is a managerial failure;
11. Evening entertainment:
• Evening with mini train rides: You were at 19.00. Mini train gave a few laps of the hotel complex;
• Shows in the amphitheater: A very poor animation team ready. Every evening the sounds of music was old, little unappreciated by the public who managed to gather in the amphitheater. In one evening was a show with traditional greek dances, dancers neatly dressed, perfect choreography was something special;
• Shows for children: After dinner, the scene of the main bar, a member of the hotel animation team was dressed in rooster and one was dressed in lion entertain children through dance. Unfortunately, the dynamics were not changing repertoire from day to day was like a play rather badly played, but perfectly repeated, importantly, the children enjoyed, they still do not see things with a critical eye as an adult;
• Shows for adults: Pretty weak as choreography, disorderly at times, felt that the animation team shooting time every night, like a football match. Poorly trained, even vulgar at times in their events stage, they tried to entertain an audience every night;
• Place of amusement for children: It is near the main body of the hotel complex and offers tourists a fee, billiards, slot machines for children, electronic games, electric cars for children walking in the alleys of the complex (at 19.00);
It is worth mentioning that all the hotel animation team consists only of young french people, all actions of this team were held only in French, rarely can hear English, or German;
12. Hotel Facilities:
• Internet: Internet access points throughout the hotel complex (cost: 2E/40min; 4E/2h), and a place (internet corner) large bar near the main body of the hotel complex, where a fee, you can access the Internet from a desktop (details at the reception);
• Conference room: It is downstairs in the main building;
• Shops in the hotel complex: One of souvenirs, beach clothes and accessories, is the main ground floor of the hotel conference room near other in the main building, and some (with diving equipment and toys for children) were near the pool with water slides. Prices at these stores are large, unprofitable for many of us (near the hotel complex, the same products you can buy at approx. half price);
• Sports in the complex: 3 tennis courts, a basketball court and a football. Deficiency found: None of playgrounds have no lighting at night, if you want to play on, do you risk sunburn ... intense heat will broke up he began serving the first set of tennis. I don’t have information if you have to pay to play on them;
13. Nationality of tourists in the hotel complex: 60% - France/Belgium; 10% - Poland/Czech Republic/Slovakia/Macedonia/Serbia/Slovenia, 10% - Germany,; 5% - United Kingdom; 5% - Romania; 5% - Russia; 5% - other countries;
14. The hotel surroundings: There are at least four medium-size shopping centers where you can buy souvenirs, Greek specific drinks, clothes, utensils and more diving. These are static rather than lower prices in stores inside the hotel complex;
15. Visits the island of Corfu: SIDARI - beaches, beautiful landscapes, Canal D'Amour - provides a memorable image is spectacular water erosion can do while high on rock formations; KAVOS - Beautiful landscapes, beach ok, small restaurants the smell emanating from the street grid, many english, more crowded, more ATVs; AGIOS GEORGIOS - Many nudist place in the sun on the rocks, many english ... sandy beaches in this area are rare; ACHILION PALACE - Located on a mountain peak overlooking the continent is worth to visit if you're a big fan of anonymous art. Does not deserve to give 7 E/pers. and you lose time visiting the palace; CORFU TOWN - a nice and relatively clean city. You can visit the two forts (beautiful on the outside, but empty inside) and "Old City" - absolutely gorgeous, small shops selling souvenirs and other traditional products, small cafes and restaurants with prices ok, that gives you a small part of greek cuisine. Worth sacrificing your 2-3 hours during your vacation and you walk through this place;
Messonghi Beach Hotel Corfu hotel situated between mountains, coastline, has much to offer tourists who stay here, we must recognize that in Greece is one of the few hotels that offers services in the style offered in most resorts in Turkey. Most employees of this hotel are hospitable with the tourists, but the cleanliness of the compex’s alley with complex behavior is not it nice that employees have. In many places grass is unkempt, the children's pool in place of the now grass land empty (sometimes mud), this indicates that no one from the last rain soaked lawn, flowers, so many in Greece, there are very few in the gardens of the hotel complex, unkempt trees, palm trees, some nearly dry, some untidy in some places the alleys of the hotel gardens are without curbs and cracked concrete, the beach is very poorly maintained. The odd bars that serve only under all inclusive from 10.00 upsets tourists, they are quick to close at 17.30 - 18.00, you stay as a tourist under a single all inclusive bar (main bar). There is no coffee dispenser to serve tourists before 10.00, installed at the main bar or anywhere in the hotel complex. Loungers at the pools were too few, they failed to meet the needs of many tourists who want to relax in the sun. Rather than add to the loungers at the pool, the staff, the hotel has purchased chairs for the beach, while the old ones were not fully employed (daily average occupancy rate is approx. 60%).
Almost all of the above would be disturbing for a tourist who has purchased a stay at this hotel, and wants the atmosphere created by the hotel staff, and to create relaxation.
The price paid by us for this holiday is correct, the price/quality of services is very good for a 3-star resort, my honest opinion is that this complex offers 4-star hotel, in addition to small flaws found there, quiet atmosphere of the hotel, sandy beach, pools that were extremely clean, high quality of most preparations of restaurant, employees always smile, make you relax happy to leave this resort, which still provides much more than you get in most hotels in Corfu island, perhaps in Greece. My family recommend this resort. The period that we stayed: 01 ÷ 10/07/2012.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Messonghi Beach Hotel is a superb holiday resort situated between the villages of Moraitika and Messonghi on the east coast of Corfu. The hotel complex is situated in beautiful grounds with well-kept gardens, where respect for the environment and the happiness of its guests combine with every kind of comfort to make their stay unforgettable. The hotel's rooms and bungalows are tastefully furnished, with en-suite bathroom with shower and hairdryer. Every room opens out onto a balcony or terrace. There are two spacious restaurants serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in buffet style. Guests can also request lunch packets. After a day in the sea under the sun, the on-site bars are an oasis to relax in with a drink and to listen to your favourite music. Guests have use of three outdoor pools (2 adult pools and 1 Mini Aquapark), with an extra 2 paddling pools next to the adult pools. Pools are surrounded by free sun beds and there is a playground for the younger guests. Sports enthusiasts will appreciate the hotel's wide variety of sports facilities, including football, tennis, cricket, beach volley, petanque courts and table tennis. With its superb position and ideal facilities for families, this holiday village is no doubt one of the most popular hotels in Corfu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Messonghi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Messonghi Beach Hotel Moraitika
- Hotel Messonghi Beach
- Messonghi Beach Resort Corfu/Moraitika