Where do we start? Hotel staff rude and unhelpful manners don't seem to be part and parcel of the Greek way of life!! Bar staff very very rude went out of their way to serve others before British people blatantly bypassing you to serve someone else & very happy to assist French German Russian and Albanian to name a few nationalities. Booked superior room only to be told this constitutes of a fridge tv and hair drier!! We were on honeymoon emailed the hotel before departure and no response no effort made at all for honeymooning couples but big fat fuss made for German and French birthdays. Food good though would recommend you use the restaurant at the back of the restaurant the staff tell you to use (but fail to tell you there is a better one at the back of this) part of the hotel was only for French nationals which comprised of better accommodation and facilities that we were "allowed" to use but wasn't informed of! Poor selection of AI drinks beer, white wine (like lighter fuel) red wine, brandy & vodka... Yet rose wine is served upstairs in the better restaurant but not in the other and not behind the bar!! You are served in plastic cups even the coffee!! Complained about room and got moved after threatening to claim for refund and appt with manager!! On entry to the hotel no British flag on the hotel roof every other nationality but ours!! Over priced in site shop ��5 for a roll on deodorant!!
Drains smell in bathrooms, flooding of bathrooms wetting everything including the toilet rolls poorly designed!
Pools kept clean though the sunbed rule needs to be followed no sunbeds available after 6am due to towels being left!
Virus rife when we were there and staff informed people of this but didn't feel it necessary to inform other visitors of the outbreak... Also informed that there was issues with sewerage smells in the hotel but nothing done.
Beach pebbly but knew this would be the case but refused to pay for the loungers at ���3 per day!!
Entertainment poor ... Kids club every night held in main bar even this was done in 90% of another language!! No entertainers just the kids club staff making poor attempts to karaoke and sing! Again the British were out numbered, counted 2 English songs in a entire evening!
Games room good spent evenings in here but everything being ���1 turns out to be an expensive visit if your passing 3/4 hours at a time!
This hotel is a joke...staff need hospitality training management do not make appearances to visitors ...
Rats spotted 3 times during our visit by 2 people!
Cats and dogs yes dogs roam the site freely!! Flea bitten!
We made the best we could but feel we were misled by the photos advertised especially with the accommodation as the pictures shown are for the French side of the hotel!
Disappointed greatly at this hotel ... All I can say is if you book you are crazy ... Corfu lovely though would definitely go mainland if we dare return in the future definitely not this hotel ... Summing up--- Not as advertised over priced , staff poor, entertainment poor...information received when arrived poor... General upkeep ok...atmosphere NIL.
Massive disappointment and complaining to travel agency and ABTA!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Messonghi Beach Hotel is a superb holiday resort situated between the villages of Moraitika and Messonghi on the east coast of Corfu. The hotel complex is situated in beautiful grounds with well-kept gardens, where respect for the environment and the happiness of its guests combine with every kind of comfort to make their stay unforgettable. The hotel's rooms and bungalows are tastefully furnished, with en-suite bathroom with shower and hairdryer. Every room opens out onto a balcony or terrace. There are two spacious restaurants serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in buffet style. Guests can also request lunch packets. After a day in the sea under the sun, the on-site bars are an oasis to relax in with a drink and to listen to your favourite music. Guests have use of three outdoor pools (2 adult pools and 1 Mini Aquapark), with an extra 2 paddling pools next to the adult pools. Pools are surrounded by free sun beds and there is a playground for the younger guests. Sports enthusiasts will appreciate the hotel's wide variety of sports facilities, including football, tennis, cricket, beach volley, petanque courts and table tennis. With its superb position and ideal facilities for families, this holiday village is no doubt one of the most popular hotels in Corfu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Onthebeach, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Bookgreece.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Messonghi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Messonghi Beach Hotel Moraitika
- Hotel Messonghi Beach
- Messonghi Beach Resort Corfu/Moraitika