“Amazing food!”

The Village Taverna
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Moraitika
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Okay - so it's a bit of a walk up the hill - but the food more than makes up for it!

The menu was explained and an offer then made of them providing a "selection" of dishes. Unfortunately all options were meat which I do not eat. As soon as I mentioned this I was told it was not a problem and the dishes were arranged especially for me.

The starters were wonderful - and filling! The fish that arrived for the main course was stunning and filleted in seconds in front of me. Desserts were refreshing and delicious.

Prices were no more expensive than some of the restaurants in the town but the food better quality.

We went early so getting a table wasn't too much of an issue but if you wanted to ensure a table it is worth the walk to book!

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Lovely food on the main road at the junction. Has garden so kids are safe. Serve can be slow but hey we are in Greece!

Visited August 2014
Bagsvaerd, Denmark
“No way”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

What a difference from last time i am sad to say. This time I was ignored from the father "because I was alone I think" When he finally came to take my order, he didnt write it down and off course he forgot all about me. So I had to ask for my drinks and food again. When i wanted to pay i had to ask 5 times, and i really mean 5 times! Before they got me my check. I was so angry when I went down the mountain. SAD

6 Thank Stw2014
Durham, United Kingdom
“Best Taverna Ever”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Situated in Moraitika old village, this taverna is pretty with lots of plants and flowers, and has excellent food, very friendly staff and a, lovely atmosphere - buzzing but not noisy. Advisable to book in advance!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank chrissypp
“Amazing”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

An all arounded beautiful restaurant...

I went here 3 nights in a row and we had between 5 and 9 people in our party and each time, every night we could not fault the experience.

The food was amazing, every day we tried starters, mains and desserts and loved each course. Nikos asked if he could simply surprise us and not choose from the menu... I was too afraid to do this at first but members of my party went for it on the first night. I tasted each course they got and loved them as well as my own. I tried a large number of courses in the 3 nights therefore can't list each one but honestly they were all amazing.

On top of amazing food, the service was amazing. The family who own the restaurant work there and provide such lovely, warm service. They are funny, sweet, kind, happy...I could go on!

If you don't visit this place you will be missing out! I wish I didn't have to leave!

Thanks for a lovely time.

• Visited July 2014