“Another Great holiday at the Mitsis Village”

Mitsis Rhodos Village Beach Hotel
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Kiotari
Kent UK
“Another Great holiday at the Mitsis Village”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Holidayed 15/10/13-22/10/13.
This is the second time I have stayed here out of season (Ist time April 26th 2012) and both times have had a great holiday. Both times I have paid under £300 for hotel, flights and transfers so have ended up with a great deal. All staff were pleasant and rooms are always clean. Food is good and lots of selection, pretty much what you would expect from a busy hotel (which was full). Staff replenished food as quickly as possible and if they hadn't noticed you could ask and they would happily refill, there was not a day that you could not find something to eat. The major moan from guests was that the food was only warm and not hot. My one negative comment is that I agree with other comments that if you are looking for and paying for 5 star stay at the Mitsis Maris across the road as it is far more luxurious.

Room Tip: If you don't mind a few stairs room 725 was great with a wonderful sea view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kerry B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Well all I can say after reading the reviews on trip advisors (yes I know it was silly especially days before flying out), I got myself all wound up thinking what on earth have I gone & booked into as it was our first holiday together as a family. I have a little boy who is 2yrs old. Well all I can say was, there was nothing to to worry about. Either people who writes these reviews are very fussy or picky or perhaps we not.
We stopped at the resort between 16/10/13-24/10/13. We got to the hotel about 5pm & was greeted by a lovely receptionist who checked us in very quickly & promptly. It's turns out we didn't have a cot in the bedroom but all was sorted very quickly. We got the lift upstairs & it's turns out out room was on the first floor which was brilliant. As we were unpacking, a housekeeper bought us a cot. the room was lovely, clean, comfortable & big. The bathroom was of similar standard. The shower was always warm & plentiful. Fresh towels ch & beds made daily. My partner was exited in the fact we got a free mini bar which was helpful at night as I found it wasn't always possible to go to the bar to get a drink.
I personally found the food in the restaurant really nice & always found something to eat. I especially loved it when they grilled pork & chicken pieces - they were delicious. I also have mention the bread they serve at teatime was delicious, fresh, soft & served with proper butter. I have to say there is something for everyone & if those says there's isn't, they're just being really fussy! There is one minus, the waiters & waitresses came to your table & asked for your drinks order & they only came once so if you wanted another drink, you would have to ask for another which sometimes you would as the glasses they served the drinks were only small.
We rarely stayed for night time entertainment as my little boy would get very tired as it start till 9pm. We stayed once or twice for the children's entertainment which was ok at first but it's the same every night, so a lot of the times we went for walks after tea. My sister was staying at the sister hotel which was 5-10mins walk up the road. It was nice as we were able to use each other facilities. Unfortunately we didn't use the pool much, as the water was far too cold. They did have an indoor pool but the water was just as cold. I thought perhaps as it was indoors, it may have been heated but definitely not! There is beach which is 5-10min walk. We did venture down there once but I wasn't keen. The sand was full of stones & looked quite dirty but I'm not a beach person.
All in all my experience here has been lovely & we really enjoyed our stay. We met a lovely family who had children of similar age. My partner said he would come again but I personally would prefer somewhere a bit more busy as it is a quiet resort & not much to do & probably when's it's warmer too so at least we could have gone swimming. There is a bus service you can use to visit other places & very cheap too! We went to lindos - highly recommended although it's very steep so probably not ideal if your disabled or wheel chair bound. The beach there was beautiful!
My only other grumble at the hotel is that you did have to wait a while especially if it was busy to get drinks at the bar at night time as they only had a two bar men.
As I said we really enjoyed it but I suppose everybody is different although I have to agree it isn't 5* as they claim. In my opinion 3.5*. Possibly a 4* at a push.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Shelle2012
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

My husband and I have just returned form the Mitsis Rhodos Village Beach Hotel. The package was sold as 'all inclusive 5* Rhodes' and we were looking forward to 5* treatment but were disappointed. We arrived at approx 11.30pm (most flights arrived late in the day and the airport transfer took approx 2 hours). We checked in and the only food available were some ham and cheese rolls and an apple in a container on reception. We couldn't get a coffee and neither were there facilities in the room with which to make one. The bar closed at midnight and we persuaded the barman to let us have a beer. Although tired, I didn't sleep the first night because the springs were coming through the mattress. This was replaced the next day at my request. There were soft drinks, water and beer in the mini bar, these were replenished every 2 days. We only had 2 small bottles of water when we arrived on the Saturday and these were not replenished until the Tuesday. We only had 2 small bottles each during the weeks stay. On Thursday we ran out of shower gel and I had to ask the cleaning lady for another.

The hotel decor is lovely and it was spotlessly clean and the pool areas were kept clean and tidy.

The food was plentiful but repetitive and they didn't seem to be able to keep it warm as there were no lids on the serving dishes. We dreaded the cold chips and lukewarm dishes so in the main I stuck to the salads.

There were numerous deep steps on the resort and as the lifts only went to the second floors, these were unavoidable. Some people who had requested ground floor accommodation had been allocated rooms only accessible by these flights of steps. It is definitely not suitable for people with walking difficulties and I could find no mention of this on their website.

There was a Pizzeria which was bookable and the food was freshly cooked but although it was always half full it was difficult to get a reservation.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MARION C
west Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Just got back from the Mitsis rhodos Village Hotel and feel the need to write a review. First of all this hotel is not 5 star. We went at the end of the season so got a bargain. I would have been disappointed if i had paid some of the quoted prices because the hotel is not as described in some of the blurb. That is the only negative. The hotel is definitely a 1 week to 10 days destination as it is in a very quiet location. Rooms were adequate. Food was good. first time we have not felt the need to dine out on an all inclusive. There was always something for all our party. Staff were friendly even though most of them have not been paid since August. Special mention to the Bar tender in the main bar and the animation team. All in All very satisfied with what we got for what we paid. Please look for a bargain and i am sure you will be more than satisfied.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

some people pay this money and really expect 5 star quality, this is a fair hotel but not the ritz!.the house red and white wines were very acceptable and the mythos lager was good too. the spirits were not top quality. rooms are good and well looked after by housekeeping. meals were good and with just enough selection.service in restaurant was very good.italian restaurant with waiter service was very good but we were only able to book it once.[ 3 day wait was not good]. walk over footbridge to beach where hotel has a beach bar for all inclusive and free beds and parasols,this was very convenient. excellent watersports centre that was not expensive. clear sea for snorkelling with fish all around. sea temp was very nice for end of oct. we enjoyed this quick break and had good value and good weather [low 20's]

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gloduck1
Lincoln
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Just got home from staying here. It is a 3 star all inclusive and that's what u get. Food is ok but not brilliant, although the Italian restaurant on site is excellent and included in all inclusive but does need booking three days in advance. We stayed in a bungalow next to the lower pool area and it was very good. There were 4 of us but plenty of room. Decor excellent although bathroom could have done with an update. Pool areas are excellent and very clean like the rest of the hotel. When you awake and walk to breakfast there is a vast army of cleaners mopping everywhere. The room maids also do an excellent job. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. The animation team are brilliant with the kids and help to make the holiday. Overall I can have no complaints. Just be aware you are not going to get 5 star food but there is always something to eat. I would not hesitate to go here again and in fact met 3 different lots of people who were there for a second time and I think that says a lot. One other thing to mention is that it is not full of Brits,I would say 40% Russian 40% German 20% British but everyone is well looked after. We paid less than £1600 for 2 adults and 2 kids, for two weeks, that's great value for money in my book.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dave S
Donaghadee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Do not be fooled as we were into booking this rundown 2* hotel ! Very shabby dated rooms unhappy unhelpful staff, cold food,made to queue like school children for every meal and drink - when available( quite often ran out of various items with no one interested in replenishing). Certainly not a place to visit for relaxation or comfort. Had to move rooms until fed up with continual frustration and disappointment ! Rooms furnished from local skips ! Definitely would never return!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Gary D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kiotari
Princess Andriana Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,393 reviews
Boutique 5 Hotel & Spa
Boutique 5 Hotel & Spa
#1 of 15 in Kiotari

Been to Mitsis Rhodos Village Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!