“THE place to eat in Kiotari”
Review of Stefano

Stefano
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Kiotari
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We have chosen Stefano for our last night dinner and it was a very wise decision. Stefano is very hospitable and the food is great!!
We had the 6 dip platter as a starter and for the main course grilled shrimp (which turned out to be five jumbo shrimp- highly recommended) and a chicken skewer.
Service was excellent and prices very fair. If you are in Kiotari - Stefano is a must.

2  Thank NimrodCsasznik

Reviewed 15 June 2014

As the title conveys, I have not written a Tripadvisor review before (although I have been using them for nigh-on 5 years). However, my girlfriend's and my meal here was such a brilliant combination of tasty food and impeccable service that I felt I owed it to the restaurant staff and the wider Tripadvisor community to share it here.

We started with the fried local cheese, which was so tasty that it offset the guilt we felt for indulging so. Additionally, the spiced feta and pepper dip (along with the toasted bread) was the right mix of piquant and refreshing to ensure that our shared starters were a good combo. We also ordered a bottle of local white wine which was a good halfway house between normal wine and dessert wine (my guilty pleasure!).

Main course was the house speciality (and likely alive until a few hours before serving!) - fresh Red Snapper, chosen by us. The staff are more than happy to take you to their freezer and show you the day's catch so you can pick whatever floats your boat. Needless to say, the end result was a well grilled fish - gentle white flesh on the inside and perfectly crispy skin on the outside.

Desert was the largest baklava I have seen on my holiday in Rhodes and an absolute bargain at EUR2.50 a portion. The local Mastika was a great accompaniment to this.

I will put my money where my mouth is and I fully intend to head back to Stefano's later this week as I am only on holiday on Rhodes for seven days. One visit is not enough.

Again, my thanks to the staff of Stefano's who were at pains to make our meal a memorable occasion.

3  Thank David M
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We ate here after looking up the places to eat on good 'ole Tripadvisor and were not disappointed, the location just across the road from the beach with views of the beach and sea, the meal of course is typically Greek with the added touches of fresh vegetables and olive oil and olives from the family's small holding, lovely! The dips and pitta were delicious and well presented, our main dish was sea bream, which of course was caught that day and served with a Greek salad, all delightful, desert was not required but we were served with complimentary Greek yoghourt with an apricot coulis, a nice touch. Add to this the very friendly and attentive service and you have the perfect evening meal.

2  Thank Paul A
Reviewed 5 June 2014

By chance, we stopped outside the restaurant, there are a number of restaurants on the same street, we chose Stefano's because it was full of people, whereas the other where empty, we only wanted a small meal as we had some distance to travel, we both decided on Sardines and roasted vegetables, the roasted vegetables came first, absolutely delicious, followed shortly after by the sardines accompanied by chips and a small salad, we often choose sardines, especially cooked over hot coals, however, these had been coated in flour and deep fried in olive oil, they were stunning. At the end of the meal we were given a plate of water melon, not asked for and not charged for.

We would love to go back, it's a lovely environment the staff charming, the food is cooked and presented to the highest standards.

Without doubt, highly recommended

1  Thank Graham G
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Fantastic authentic greek grill and seafood restaurant, with a spectacular view and setting! Great service and very tasty food.
The owner is so sweet and friendly.
This place encapsulates Greece!

2  Thank MartinH881