“Friendly owner and traditional food!”
Review of Pelican's Nest

Ranked #15 of 19 Restaurants in Kiotari
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stepped by here our first day of staying in Kiotari. the owner is extremely friendly and absolutely not an intruder. We ordered something simple but we adored how he sat with us and gave us the best tips to tour around the island (best non turistic corners, when to go to some beaches, which villages not to miss). Truly honest and friendly, we would recommend to step by his restaurant!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This place was one of the greatest surprises we encountered in Rhodos. We used the sunbeds in Kiotari beach and ordered a beer - but the girl did not have a money back (50euros note) - so we told her we are going to come the their place for a lunch. I would say (without knowing the quality of Pelicans nest) I would choose Stefanos - it is the typical white&blue style of Tavern just next to Pelicans.

We tried to order some meal - but be careful - there is almost nothing in the menu - you need to ask the great and friendly owner what is currently in the kitchen - and the menu is a bit weird to me (some pages were missing, compared with the one my GF had). He showed us few meat items - he had some marinated pork sirloin and made us the most tasteful Souvlaki I had in my life - it was full of veggies and some local smoked sausage as well. All the items we had were perfect, including the Tzatziky and grilled vegetables my GF chose as side dish. And the owner is super friendly - I would say if you don't want to visit the tourist hotspot (Stefano), definitely try Pelican - you will not regret and you will have the opportunity of trying something else than all the other places in Rhodos can offer - we are the lovers of "off the beaten path" and this place is one of those.

I must also highlight we received free SUPER cake made from chocolate, bananas and Metaxa.

There is really nice sea view from the terrace !

I am 100% sure that Pelicans Nest will be one the places I will visit next time on Rhodos.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We received a tip to visit this restaurant of the waitress of the Ouzo Bay restaurant in Kiotari and indeed we ate very good and the service of the cook-waiter is marvellous. He showed us only a menu for the starters and then show us the fridge-table were we could choose what we want: there was a chicken souvlaki, a porc souvlaki, some chicken fillets, a fish souvlaki and a octopus.
We took as starter the avocado salad which was really excellent and fresh with some garlic.
Afterwards we took the chicken souvlaki and the porc souvlaki, which was served with tatziki and backed patatoes and a slice of lemon. Although the souvlaki were a bit dry, overall we had a honest and good food. The waiter-cook give us afterwards a chocolat cake with some banana slices. All with two beers we spent 37,7 eur for two.

It's quite another experience then when you will eat at the stefano's just aside, which is more frequented by the tourists, but you eat here in a relax atmosphere with a waiter-cook that takes his time to prepare for you a very good meal.

1  Thank singel
Reviewed 7 September 2013

The food was great - that alone is enough. However the owner/chef was the best person we had ever encountered to run a restaurant. We went 2 nights in a row. It was early in the season so he had no other helpers. He was waiting tables and cooking at the same time. Up front, he told us it might be a bit slower and that we could go across the way to other place if it wasn't good. He strayed us away from certain things on the menu because they weren't as fresh (even if they were more expensive). After he was done, he came out and spent time with everyone in the restaurant, pulling a chair up, chatting. He brought out some coffee for us - made some dessert. It was like eating at your favorite relatives house. I can't say enough good things about this place and the owner.

1  Thank donpaolo83
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We a couple of miles and found this little restaurant which sits in the middle of a row of 3 tavernas on the seafront. One specialises in fish, the other appears to be an all-rounder and this one specialised in meat.
We ordered a cocktail to start which was made with fresh melon juice from the garden and absolutely gorgeous. We then had various mezze, the hummus was the best I've had in Greece, garlicky and chunky with crisp hot pita bread. My friend fell in love with the stuffed vine leaves...
As I am not a big meat eater I stuck with the mezze and my friend had a lamb kebab which she loved and said was good quality, tasty meat. We were told they grow their own veg and herbs and the freshness came through.
The service was carried about by a young pretty girl and the young friendly chef. They were good fun, their English was brilliant and we had a good giggle. At the end of the meal we were given a complementary 'mastic' liqueur. I didn't like it, my friend loved it, and we were both appreciative of the gesture.

1  Thank bexiow