“Loved it!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Dorset
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We arrived for a week in September for a mid honeymoon break (actual honeymoon is in Feb, so we had this as a break in between). The reception was very straight forward and quick. We booked a Honeymoon room and weren't disappointed with it. It was fabulous. I would definitely recommend upgrading to a honeymoon room. This is still in the main pool area. They had other private pool rooms/ suites but in my opinion, the location was a little far out for my liking but all honeymoon rooms are in the pool area.

Our room was very spacious, plenty of bathroom goodies. They left us some Baklava, a fruit basket and a bottle of sparkling wine. Plus the bed was decorated with flower petals. The bed was huge! Our private pool was lovely. Not a plunge pool, big enough to swim in. You only got sun on the decking till lunchtime, so we went elsewhere for the rest of the day.

The pool area was perfect, couldn't ask for anymore. The pool is huge and quite deep in the middle but they also have a kids pool right next to it. Pool bar was great. It never got busy and there was always plenty of cocktails to be tried. I recommend the Princess Andriana cocktail!

We used the indoor pool and gym. The water is so hot in the indoor pool. Tried all the other bits, steam room, sauna and Jacuzzi. All very nice. The gym isn't huge but I think it's fine for a hotel gym. My Husband had an athletic massage which he said was great but a little painful at times. But I think that's the point. Afterwards he felt great. Flexibility was greatly improved.

The beach was only a short walk away. It isn't a sandy beach and is quite painful to walk on but with beach shoes, it isn't a problem. Plenty of beach loungers and a lovely sea breeze.

The animation team - well normally I would say it's not my thing, however after a few cocktails, we thought we'd just give it a go and I loved the shows they put on in the evening. They work so hard all day really. I didn't join in with the exercises but they looked very good and were popular. Hats off to the team!!!!

Now onto the food........ seems to be a hit or miss issue on here. I'm a fussy eater, I only eat fish and birds (no cows, pigs and sheep) so I thought I would have difficulties with the food. But I can't fault that either. Huge choice and all very tasty. Some of it didn't taste the same as British food but that's because it's not Britain. I didn't see any burgers or curry although they did have chips during the day. Maybe this is why some Brits didn't like the food!!!! But I ate lots of different food during the week and didn't get bored with it. Neither did my Husband. The food temp was fine as well. I don't want it to burn the roof of my mouth when I'm on holiday but I certainly wouldn't describe it as cold. The table wine was a very general wine. It was very drinkable but if your a wine expert, you probably wouldn't like it. We ate in all the restaurants including the Moonlight restaurant which was very pleasant. Food was very nice here and with 4 courses to eat, we were pretty stuffed.

Now the only thing for us that was a negative was the house keeping. They didn't really seem to clean all of our room. The bathroom was left spotless and the beds were made and towels changed everyday but we didn't have our cups changed or cleaned for the whole time we were there. The dressing table top wasn't cleaned even when it was left cleared and the worse thing about it was the cleaner starting eating our fruit basket. I was shocked about that.
But having said that, I have still given it 5 stars as I don't think it was their fault that this happened.

Room Tip: We had a Honeymoon room and loved it. We could swim in the private pool whenever you feel like it. S...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank michellejane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
cheltenham, glos
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

From the moment we arrived this hotel never failed to impress. The whole hotel has the wow factor, from the impressive lobby to the rooms - we were 'only' in a standard room and it was stunning. The amphitheatre is brilliant for watching the evening entertainment, the layout meaning wherever you sat you had a good view (although jackets were required most evenings for our October stay but even so it was not cold). The location of the amphitheatre also meant that for those who did not want to watch the entertainment, they did not have to listen to it either as it was slightly removed from the main hotel. The pool was gorgeous, although very cold, again probably due to the time of year, but sunbeds were plentiful both here and at the lovely beach, which meant there was the added luxury of not having to get up at the crack of dawn simply to book your sunbed! Which was a good job as the massive bed in our room was so comfortable and combined with the blackout curtains meant we slept so well we missed breakfast most days!
The food in the a la carte restaurant was lovely and a real treat - drinks here are free as long as you stick to what is included in the all inclusive options; drinks from the menu given were chargeable. I would recommend the lamb for main course!
We were also more than happy with the food served in the main buffet restaurant; the choice was always plentiful and tasty and we certainly never went hungry! The cakes and cheesecakes were particularly good for dessert and the food on the Greek night was gorgeous - we had intended to eat out one night while we were there to sample 'real' Greek food but abandoned this idea when we had sampled what was on offer at the hotel. The temperature of the food was not normally hot but neither was it unpleasantly cold (in fact I only noticed this when another I travelled with mentioned it) so unless you are extremely fussy on this score this will not be a problem - I am only mentioning this myself in case anyone reading has concerns as I want to reassure you! Put it this way - I put on more weight than I care to mention while I was there and you don't get that with rubbish food! The snack bar was also good serving ice creams in the afternoons and light bites (including lovely kebab meat and pittas) throughout the day in case you got peckish!
The animation team were brilliant, really friendly and not pushy for you to join them in activities but very good at remembering your names when you did. The evening entertainment was also of a very good standard.
The all inclusive bar stopped at 12 (though remained open until 1am if you wanted to pay for drinks), you are allowed to take drinks to your room but you have to let the bar staff know so they can give you (decent) plastic glasses instead of glass (probably for health & safety reasons). Like all staff in the hotel, the bar staff both in the lobby bar and at the pool bar are incredibly hard working and friendly and no matter how busy they were you never had to wait long for a drink. We found no issue with the quality of the spirits or mixers, I must admit the wine was an acquired taste though drinkable and you do get used to it ( I actually really liked the rose).
The location of the hotel is quite isolated with just a handful of bars and restaurants within walking distance but this suits the all inclusive facilities of the hotel including the vast array of daytime activities and if you want to get out Lindos is very easy to get to and well worth a visit (dream up what you imagine a Greek village to look like and you have Lindos); it cost €2.5 each way on the bus or €20 each way by cab. If you want a partying nightlife then this hotel would not be for you but if you want a good bit of relaxation, in luxury surroundings and to feel like you're really being looked after then this is the place to go. I really cannot recommend it enough and I certainly hope to return myself in the not too distant future. Thank you all at the hotel for giving us such a lovely holiday

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank slv30
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed here with my Girlfriend from 17th-24th October and left rather disappointed unfortunately. Last year we stayed at Grecotel Amirandes in Crete and maybe after staying there how expectations were a little too high. I have been to many hotels and most of the time I feel a warmth towards the place and staff and do not like going home. This place just left me cold and I wasn't at all bothered about going home.
Plus points:-
1: Hotel is beautiful and clean
2: Sports facilities, pools, activity programmes are excellent.
3. Pool and Beach bar staff very friendly especially the lady in the day at the pool, Jimmy at night and Armando at the Coral bar.
4. Animators all looked like they were having fun and very friendly.
5. Beach area nice and tidy even though some guests feel the need to leave there empty cups and chairs all over the place after use.
6. Room and private pool fantastic.

Negative points:
1. Bright lights everywhere, especially in the canteen affair (restaurant).
2. Lots of staff seem put out when asked a question ie (is it possible to sit here? How do you get to the spa?) simple questions which we asked politely and received curt, uninterested answers.
3. The food was uninspired, tasteless, cold and resembled school dinners which is an insult to my old dinner ladies who would of been ashamed at the offerings. Fruit juice was cordial. Very poor indeed, so poor we ate out in Rhodes Town one night and a beautiful restaurant with delicious warm food nearby (Mourella). Extra expense but worth it in my opinion.
4. A Greek wedding took place on the Saturday night (we drove to Rhodes at 19.30 to get away from it) and arrived back at 02.30 it was still going on at 04.00 when we finally got to sleep. The wedding took up half the pool area on the Friday and Saturday and we were told Saturday morning that the canteen would only be available till 20.00 another reason to get out of the way!
5. Public bar was either at the outdoor pool(cold for some), with the excellent Jimmy or in the reception area which is brightly lit. No feeling of intimacy at all!
6. The maid service was fast and was not up to standard (bath not clean and sink)
7. Wifi (free) but only one device at a time (log in, log the other person out) I can imagine families with kids being stressed out with this.

I do not like to leave a bad review but when you pay for a 5 star hotel you expect some service, some staff seem either under pressure or just in holiday mode themselves as the place closes on the 31st October. I was already looking for holidays for next year on my second and third day. A suggestion would be to make the place half board and have better quality local produce foods. Better lighting in public areas to make a more relaxed atmosphere, a few candles on the outside dining tables (were we felt like criminals sitting incidentally) would make the place more intimate and romantic, not everybody wants to gorge themselves silly in a fast food joint. I am looking forward to going to Grecotel Amirandes or somewhere similar (same price) were the staff give a 5 star service and leave you wanting more, sadly this place does not and it is a shame as a few changes would and could make it a very special place.

Room Tip: We stayed in 3002 and it had a view of the pool and was very nice apart from the friendly mosquitoes...
3 Thank 666Lee666
George C, Director of Sales at Princess Andriana Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We are both sorry and surprised you had had such an experience as we try very hard to satisfy every guest. Even though Princess Andriana is a large hotel we have a great focus on each individual guest and we embrace personal service. Hence, we are a bit disappointed we did not manage to live up to your guest expectations this time. We have noted your comments . Thank you very much.
Best Regards,
Princess Andriana Team
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Has the wow factor when you walk in the hotel and the rooms. Service and food is good and I have already recommended it to family who want to go Rhodes next year.

Likes:

Pretty much everything, lobby, rooms, bed, dining (I'm very fussy with food but always found something I liked), animation, Water fountain show, pool, the free use of the steam room, sauna etc in the Spa, beach bar with yummy gyros and beach (even though shingle, just use sea boots), snorkelling in crystal clear sea (was following an octopus for about an hour) and Jimmy gets a mention due to his non-stop work rate at the pool bar. Snack bar open until midnight (good for your first night if you took the mid-afternoon flight from the UK).

You can get a bus to Lindos, Rhodes Town etc... outside the hotel and the fares are cheap. Timetables are available at reception. I highly recommend getting the bus to Lindos in the morning and getting the boat back to Kiotari Beach (boat leaves Lindos at 2.45pm).

Constructive Criticism:- I like a good moan but there is not much to fault, still I managed to find a few things to mention.

Dining: could do with more greek food in the restaurant. We had one Greek night a week, not enough really and could do with another, so we went out of the hotel to have some nice Greek food in Stefanos. Although, you do have the a la carte restaurant one night a week included in the AI package.

TEA:- Please make tea available at lunch and dinner too.
The hotel caters for many nationalities. A large portion of which are Brits and Russians who both like a cup of tea at lunch and dinner, not just for breakfast. My Russian wife can vouch for the fact that most Russians drink bucket loads of tea.

The only bit of slow service experienced was at the Royal Bar at night. The bar staff at the Royal Bar could do with a few lessons from Jimmy at the pool bar regarding work rate and speed.

Room Tip: Don't bother with sea facing/sea view rooms. The view of the pool and fountains is much better.
Gävle, Gävleborgs Län, Sweden
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed a week at this fabulous hotel between October 13 to 20 this year and we could not be more pleased with our stay. Princess Andriana is the best hotel I have ever stayed at. Our room , a junior suite , was absolutely stunning with a big beautiful bed, sofa and two televisions. The minibar in the room was included in all inclusive and filled every other day. The bathroom was large with two sinks, and was so clean and fresh. The towels were changed twice a day and it was a cozy bathrobe with slippers included. The food was fantstisk every day and there were plenty to choose from so no one could have walked away hungry. The hotel area is huge with lots of activities like mini golf, tennis , soccer, table tennis , beach volleyball and many water activities. The staff was very nice and hospitable. The area around the hotel is a little boring with little to do . There is a small shopping center a mile from the hotel but that is all. On the other hand , there are good bus links to both Lindos and Rhodes and it is not too far away. When we got home , we started looking at a new trip next summer. We had intended to stay in Rhodes but no hotel can match the Princess Andriana 's we decided to come back next year and stay for two weeks so that we can both relax and sunbathe and go on excursions. Unfortunately we missed eating at Ala carte restaurant because it was a wedding reception at the hotel for two Days so the restaurant was closed. Next year we hope to also take part of this. Finally, I want to say thanks to all the staff at the hotel for a great stay with you and see you next year.

Room Tip: Junior suites have no sea view but they are on the other side of the main building so it is very qui...
1 Thank Anette H
George C, Director of Sales at Princess Andriana Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Tack så mycket !! It is wonderful to know you had a good time staying in one of our Junior Suites. Fantastic to read that you are coming back next year! If you are planning to do excursions we would be pleased to give you more information about the island. There is so much to see such at Prasonissi, the breathtaking views of the castle of Monolithos, wine tasting in Embona, visit the small monastery in Skiadi, see the beautiful ruins of Kastellos Castle in Kritinia, the historic old town of Rhodes ect.. You can also arrange a lovely day-trip to the charming and picturesque island of Symi. The list is long and interesting if you want to explore Rhodes. We are also eager to introduce you to the Hotel’s a la carte Restaurant “Moonlight “next year. Have a good autumn ahead in Sweden, we are looking forward to see you summer 2014!
Best Regards,
Princess Andriana Team
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Its hard to know where to start with all the positives for this hotel as it is truly a wondeful hotel to stay in.

Me, my partner and our 2 year old son stayed here from 16th October for 7 nights. The hotel is stunning on arrival and the reception staff are very professional as well as being very friendly and welcoming. We asked if we could have a look at a couple of other rooms as wished to upgrade and this was no trouble whatsoever and arranged for a porter to take us on the buggy. We did upgrade to a family room with sharing pool which was fantastic. All rooms are of the highest standard with very comfy spacious beds, we particularly liked the family room for the extra space (needed with a toddler)

The staff are a credit to this hotel, nothing is too much trouble, we were made to feel so welcome and they went out of their way with our son, often taking him off for little walks in the restaurant whilst we were eating and blowing up balloons to keep him entertained (thank you to you lovely ladies in the restaurant for doing this). Demetrius at the lobby bar was also fantastic, always sparing the time to chat as well as making us wonderful drinks and making lovely chocolate milkshakes for our son - Thank you.

Having stayed in many all inclusive hotels and not being a fussy eater, I generally always enjoy the food but I personally would say the food in the all inclusive restaurant here was outstanding. Always a great variery and very very tasty, not bland at all. Always plenty for my son to eat including the great variety of fruit on offer. The food at the a la carte was superb and was very nice for a change, the surroundings are top clsss in there and so is the service. Would also comment on the food at both the snack bars, the pool and beach one. I always eat at the main restaurant for lunch on previous all inclusive hotels but not once did I do that here as the food at the snack bars offered such great variety and again very tasty and was so easy instead of having to get dressed from swim wear to enter the main restaurant. The ice creams at the snack bar also an added bonus!

The cleanliness of this hotel is seriously outstanding, I've never visited such a clean hotel, this includes the outdoor areas, the hotel should be very proud of this as it is certainly noticed and appreciated.

The kids club is great as is the outdoor area and we loved the mini golf, the hotel really do cater for all.

The only one small critique I could make is that it would maybe be a good idea if they let children use the indoor pool when coming to the end of the season as the outdoor pool is so cold (was too cold for our 2 year old, he went in once) and the indoor pool was fairly quiet anytime we visited the spa.

This is a perfect hotel for a relaxing week away, as others have said, not much else around but for a couple with a young child not having late nights, this was perfect. Lindos is only 20 mins away and pfekos about 10 mins so you can still get out and about easily.

We will most definitely be returning to this hotel and be recommending it to our friends and family.

Well done to all at the Princess Andriana. Your hard work is sincerely appreciated, guests could not ask for more.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the pool are great as are family rooms and suites at the back of the hotel whi...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Regards from sunny Rhodes to the UK!
We would like to thank you for staying with us; it was lovely to have you and your family with us for a week. We are delighted to read you enjoyed the hotel facilities and our services. Your kind comments are very much appreciated after a challenging and hardworking season. We will hopefully continue to improve, develop and find new ways to please and excite our guests. Your valuable feedback has already been discussed; thank you very much for your contribution.
We hope we have the chance to welcome you next year,
Best Regards from all of us here at Princess Andriana.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Excellent newly built hotel. Splash out on a private pool room it's worth it. The private beach is great but there's nothing to do in Kiotari. Get a bus from outside the hotel to Lindos when you're bored of laying on the beach and hotel. Its only €2!

• Stayed May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kiotari
Boutique 5 Hotel & Spa
Rodos Princess Beach Hotel
Lindos Princess Beach Hotel
Sentido Port Royal Villas & Spa
Mitsis Alila Resort & Spa

Been to Princess Andriana Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!