“Amazing holiday.. however many faults.”

Princess Andriana Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Kiotari
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I would firstly like to say this is the first review I have felt the need to write about anywhere, I had a fantastic holiday but many aspects of the trip were spoilt. I visited here in June with my boyfriend for my 21st birthday. Hotel was lovely, really clean and modern but after booking a 'Double Deluxe Sea View Room' .. two twin beds shoved together with separate sheets and a pool view is not what we expected. After requesting to move, the receptionist staff (who came across very rude) explained they were totally full and it was not possible, they also argued that that it WAS a double bed and they had 'upgraded' us. However after searching the site whilst there I saw the actual room was much bigger with a sofa bed, couples we met on the holiday said they had this room with a real double bed. The receptionist's just continued to argue that this was not the case. This was not resolved and was really upsetting especially as the beds were not even locked together so it was worse than sleeping at home (unless you sleep in a single)

FOOD- as most all inclusive hotels not much choice, gets a little repetitive but after finding RAW chicken in my pasta in put me off completely.. the chefs argued it was 'meant to be like that' but then removed the whole serving dish immediately after I left. Greek night was amazing but only happened once while we was there, would have liked to have had more Greek food than just pasta salad and chips everyday.

DRINKS- good choice, bar staff are lovely and work hard. Bit disappointed at having to pay 30 euros for 2 drinks in the a la carte restaurant after paying for all that all inclusive. Also the main bar shuts at 1:00 in the morning but all inclusive stops at 12:00 midnight so you have to pay if you want drinks after that time.

THINGS TO DO- entertainment staff put on a good show every night and it is well worth hiring a car for the day as they have a office for it in the hotel. you can hire a peugeot 107 for just 35 euro for the full day, great way to see the beautiful island. There are a lot of families there, especially with young children, would not fancy going back as not many couples.

WEDDING!?- whilst there we were notified (2 days before) the hotel owners daughter was to get married on the complex. It was a lovely thing to witness but they took away all the sunbeds for the day as they had to set up for 900 guests! This took a day out of our holiday which was not wise as nobody knew what to do with their selves other than sit on their balcony.

OVERALL- lovely time, staff helped to make me a cake for my birthday which was a nice surprise. Lots of drinks to pick from and generally good weather throughout. However receptionist staff and waiters/chefs need to learn some manners to make staff feel welcome. They have really put us off from returning again.

2  Thank AJW41
Write a ReviewReviews (2,604)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Hi. Firstly, I'm amazed at other reviews regarding this hotel. Are there 2 hotels of the same name in Rhodes??
My wife and I returned from a 2 week holiday on Sunday morning, 6/7/14. We had a fabulous, totally relaxing holiday
The hotel, room, and stuff
Gorgeous, as the professional pictures show. Just print them off to show others, this is how it is. A lovely spacious lobby, with the butterfly pillars, several nice seating areas. A nice bar to have your evening drink. There is a seating area to accompany the TV which we used several times whilst the World Cup games played. The reception area is very spacious with a tasteful decor. It's a nice lively area. Our room was just fine. Massive bed! at least 7 feet wide, loads of room for me to not disturb Mrs H, she was well pleased . The room was looked after daily, but fair play to a slight comment regarding the not so spotless floor after the daily clean, just a slight gripe. Fridge stocked up every other day, but we only had the water and me, the odd beer, very nice though., oh !! we arrived at about 2.30 am local time, several rolls awaiting us, nice and fresh in a basket !!, with a beer to boot, great!.. So clean, everywhere. No complaints from us. The grounds of this hotel are lovely. The foliage, palms, stone displays, so nice. Every evening they have the fountain display. This is at the main pool area. It's a lovely 10 to 15 minutes to enjoy, Vegas? Nah but a very nice Andriana substitute, it's Rhodes ok!. The lights over the bridge, partial floor area are a very nice touch, honestly they really are, just adds to the feel of the place. This hotel is so nice. We have read a few reviews regarding the noise around the pool area, late evening. Yeh, people go on holiday to have a nice time, which includes having a drink after 11pm!!. I'm quite sure it wasn't very intrusive but we where not overlooking the pool, we had a garden, car park view, ouch!! a dig?? no not really, but the hotel is quite evasive about what you will look at out your balcony, but the air conditioned room is a much better relief, regardless. On this room note. I don't really think an upgrade to a sea view room is necessary, there really isn't one, just a slight, another one, niggle haha.. So. The hotel is flippin gorgeous, no complaints about the room, service of etc.
Welcome to Greece/Rhodes all inclusive. You're not in Mexico, USA, or wherever, your in Greece. This is quality. The food is really nice. There is a great daily choice. Meat , vegetarian, fish, always a choice. Mrs H has had an issue regarding food in the past, not here. There was always a good choice, and never did we go away disappointed. Janet, aka, Mrs H, eat more than me and couldn't fault the choice. There are occasions that various dishes run out, but there is hardly a massive await for it to be replaced, but if u cannot be bothered waiting try something else, loads of choice. A very nice touch on a Sunday morning was the sparkling wine, Asti Spumante, but at breakfast? Yehhh, it was lovely, went down a treat, a first for me. There was often an aperitif upon arrival at the main restaurant, a nice touch. We found all the food areas plentiful both daytime and evening, drinks also
Drinks
Ok. Beer not so nice, in my opinion, but all A/I drinks are advertised as locally produced, so don't complain. We enjoyed our drinks, I enjoyed the ouzo, jan enjoyed the Andriana cocktail, water, soft drinks a plenty, coffee as and when, evening/late night snacks a plenty, no complaints at all
Staff
We found that all the staff are great!!!!!. Reception staff were lovely, polite, helpful when required, very, We didn't seem to come across the room service staff at all during our stay, but, apart from the floor haha, we have nom complaints.
Restaurant staff !!!!!
Well. We sat at the same area during our stay, under the air conditioning thankfully. We had pretty much the same staff all the time. Thank you!! Thank you to the staff!!. They were just fantastic. Lovely, polite, friendly, and we had a nice laugh with them throughout our holiday, just so nice!!!!. I guess that they might not read reviews for the hotel, but if the Greek lookin guy, cus he is,and the lovely smiley one, serving on the left side as you go in, got to read this, big hand to you, you made us so welcome every day, honestly. Thank you x
Overall
We have had a brilliant holiday!!. Probably back next year if dates/time allow. This is a lovely hotel, it really is. I find it odd that there are a number of negative reviews. This, no offence, is Greek A/I. Very very, nice, and probably the best all inclusive hotel on the island. Loved it !!!!!

Oh, finally.

The entertainment team / animation team
What a great team. OWNER. Keep this team !!! All of them. They are just the best!!! A European team that interacted with everyone. Very polite, enthusiastic , without being over the top, entertaining, funny. The shows?? Brilliant!!!. For such a a limited member of staff, some of which had only been there for a week prior to us being there, put on such a funny, professional, entertaining show, nightly, regardless of the daily activities they provided. They are just a brilliant bunch of entertaining staff. I don't know how your entertainment regime works, but you will not do better than the crew that entertained us throughout our holiday.

So there ya go. Our experience. Oh, just one more. Occupancy was about 70% Russian. Hi guys, haha. One of the nicest memories was of a little Russian youngster. Whilst the fountains played, she did a ballet dance for the duration, lost in her own world. It was so nice to watch!!. We had to make a comment to her parents, which we did, chuffed, rightly so, they were.

Room Tip: Sea view is not required, because there isn't really one to be had, don't waste your euros...
7  Thank ian h
HHotels, Director of Sales at Princess Andriana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us!

We are very delighted to read that we met your expectations and you were impressed with the facilities and services we offered.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again for another memorable stay!

Best Regards,

Princess Andriana Resort & Spa Team

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I struggle to understand some of the bad reviews for this hotel. On the whole, the staff were excellent (particularly Jimmy at the pool bar). The animation team were one of the best - very energetic, great at getting everyone involved and interacting with all the guests. They put a lot of energy and fun into the evening shows and Davide had the team working great together.

The only member of staff whom we didn't get a good impression from was the pool lifeguard. He was the only member of staff who never went out his way to say hello (even though he was Australian and therefore had no language barrier) and made sure we were enjoying our stay. We did notice that he did make an effort with some people though and explains the mixed reviews on Trip Adviser. We also witnessed him have several altercations with other guests at the side of the pool which wasn't very professional. The only interaction we had was one day we were relaxing in the pool and there was a child in the pool who wasn't with his parents, so the lifeguard shouted over "Is that your child". No "excuse me" or “sorry”.

The pool was an excellent size and a perfect temperature - not too cold in our opinion. It was also warmer than the sea, roughly 25c. As the air temperature is very hot, it does feel cool when getting into the pool, but is was very refreshing and enjoyable. We spent hours in the pool and so did many other guests and children.

The hotel is very clean and modern and we couldn't fault it from this point of view. The rooms were of a good side and very bright. The fountain show was also a very nice elegant touch.

The pool area and beach had plenty of sun beds and parasols. Both were very clean. We did notice that towards the end of our stay guests had started reserving sunbeds before breakfast. There were always still ample sun beds available, but I felt this was selfish and the lifeguard could have been clamping down on this.

The Spa and Gym were good and the staff at the Spa were very polite and helpful. The gym was quite small, but adequate for a quick workout.

The food was a good mix and we always found something to eat. The fresh omelets always went down a treat. The a la carte was a bit of a mixed bag for us. The first visit was on a Sunday evening and was excellent, the second was on a Saturday and the meal was cold, poor quality and the service was very slow. We waited 40mins for the starter to arrive! My recommendation would be to avoid a Friday/Saturday as I suspect they are too busy on these nights. The late night pizza and snacks also went down a treat from the restaurant at the pool.

The only major downside was the location as there isn't much near the hotel to wander to for a nice walk after dinner, for example, but as we went for a relaxing lazy break this didn't significantly impact our stay too much other than the 2 hour transfer from Jet2Holidays. There was also very poor wifi in the hotel - I think this should be improved as it is always handy to keep in touch with family and friends, upload photos to Dropbox, etc.

We did hire a car and drive into Rhodes town and Lindos, which is well worth a visit, along with a few other sites on route and was well worth the money. We hired the car from the company George in the hotel as they were very reasonably priced and hassle free.

For the price we payed, we felt this hotel was excellent value and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms had the best outlook.
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Very low level of food and total incompetent and lazy personnel

Unsatisfied with approach and management too

Honest it was our Worst experience with hotel staff

Unwilling bud first of all indecorous!!!

It was my last visit of this place and for long long time this country too

Big shame for such a nice hotel

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Worldclassconcierge
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We have just returned from a two week break. Check in, even in the middle of the night, was excellent. We had sandwiches waiting for us in our room. All areas of the hotel are spotless. We had a junior suite (8810). Fabulous room - the bed was heavenly. Complimentary bar refilled every 3 days (including bottle water), plus tea making facilities. Air con brilliant. Liked the dressing gown and slippers. The bar staff were all friendly and enquired about our stay. Special mention for Mihela - who did an excellent job manning the pool side bar. We loved the food - exceptional quality - plenty of choice every day to suit every taste. Special mention for Theodora - lovely waitress who was so friendly and cheerful as she went about her job every day. The animation team are superb - always bright and lively - I enjoyed the aqua aeorbics in the morning, and the fact that the team would always come and chat when we were lounging by the pool. The pool was superb - clean, warm and very necessary in the heat! In terms of the beach - great to have free sunbeds, lovely sea, fantastic bar/snack bar - and again, the animation team organising darts, boules and vollyball. In terms of location, the hotel is quite isolated - with just a few shops and bars 5 minutes walk away. However, there is a pharmacy there, medical centre and gift shops - well worth a stroll in the evening. However, we went into Lardos on a Friday evening to participate in their local festival - highly recommended - it is held every two weeks. We hired a car for the day and drove up to Old Rhodes town which is just spectacular - calling in at Lindos on the way back - well worth a visit. Courtesy shower rooms available free of charge, as we had a late flight home - these were great, and the hotel provided towels, shampoo, hairdryer etc. Helen, our rep was very good, friendly and approachable.
Transfer from airport to hotel when we arrived was long and hot - and if we went again, we would hire a taxi to make this more manageable. The transfer back also long - and hot - no air conditioning on the coaches made this uncomfortable.
This is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in - very, very high standards. My only critisism would be that the reception staff were surly and unfriendly - which is surpising when they are the 'front of house' staff. However, all other staff in the hotel were lovely - polite, friendly and cheerful.

Room Tip: Junior suites facing the front of the hotel - on the opposite side of the road numbers 8000 or 9000...
3  Thank thincat
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The hotel itself was beautiful, the rooms were clean nice and modern. However I was very disappointed with the food. It was the same food everyday with little to no variety. If you are expecting 5 star quality food then you should go elsewhere. Also if you get a room that faces the pool and pool bar be warned that every single night they blast music for a few hours from speakers right outside your room until the bar closes - which is unfortunate if you wanted to have a quite evening in your room. I would recommend renting a car and driving around the island there is a lot to see and do! I would also recommend booking a tour with Tourtlee Tours - they are the ones that really made our vacation special and memorable. Also make sure you go to the hotels private beach it is very nice and you can do some water activities.

Room Tip: Do not get a ground floor room facing the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Robynbirdy9
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Just returned from our 14 day break at this beautiful hotel.Our room was a junior suit and was very spacious and comfortable beyond belief,; if I could have smuggled the king size mattress back with me in our luggage it would have been a great temptation ! The food was always aplenty and varied with something to cater for every one, though we all found the food over salted including that served in the Moonlight a la carte restaurant..The food was always warm enough especially given the high daily temperatures the last thing we wanted was very hot food.Great praise has to be given to the friendly Animation team whom worked very hard on their evening shows and in keeping the holiday makers entertained with daily activities what ever their age , A mention too for the staff from the Fresh bar whom worked very hard during the busy days especially the young bar lady, how she kept smiling and organised I do not know. Basically all the staff were very good, friendly yet professional.My main tip would be to drink only bottled water. the resorts water is ok for human consumption but can lead to slight tummy upsets so to avoid any problems stick to bottled water,even for your kettle and avoid ice too where possible.My main negative is nothing to do with the hotel, but the ridiculous coach transfer time from the airport of 2 hours. My advice here if you can stretch to it is to get a taxi transfer.Bear in mind also the hotel charges high fees to keep your room on after mid day on departure days and that only if available. It appeared that the tour operator charges were better value in keeping your room on till 6 pm so check prices first and if cheaper try to pre book if you wish via your operator. We instead chose to use a bookable shower room which was free of charge. Each shower room provided 2 individual shower cubicles with shower gel dispensers ,clean towels, 2 wash basins and 2 hair dryers and yours to use for a 30 minute time slot on day of departure which was perfect for us and we booked it via reception a few days before departure.In all I would recommend this stunning hotel for all the family if you are looking for a quality child friendly hotel and prefer quiet resorts.

Room Tip: junior suits large and very comfortable
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Daniela P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kiotari
Boutique 5 Hotel & Spa
Lindos Princess Beach Hotel
Elysium Resort & Spa
Elysium Resort & Spa
#1 of 20 in Kallithea

Been to Princess Andriana Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!