“Worth every 1 of its 5 star rating *****”

Princess Andriana Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Kiotari
GreenLeadersGold level
York, United Kingdom
“Worth every 1 of its 5 star rating *****”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Wow, what a holiday! We have stayed in a few '5 star' hotels before but can honestly say this one deserved its rating! Beautiful hotel with fantastic pool, entertainment and staff. We booked an AI package through First Choice and we weren't disappointed. The room was lovely, well kept, clean & modern with a large balcony over-looking the pool. We were fortunate enough to be at the end of the hotel over-looking the all day bar so we had the added bonus of the music in the late afternoon. Our mini-bar was topped up 3 times during the week (not that we needed it as the drinks choice at the bars was sufficient), breakfast was over-whelming, so much to choose from. Lunch was equally as good but the best bit was dinner! Every night there was a different theme and lots of things to choose from, always a couple of meat and fish options, pasta, salads (olives and feta of course), chips, rice, vegetables.... I could go on! Plus an array of desserts and ice creams to choose from too. The restaurant staff were very attentive, offering you wine and water with your meal and had the option of dining inside or out. Our favourite night was the Greek night as the kebabs were amazing! We also chose to eat in the al a carte restaurant (you can eat there once per week as part of the AI deal) and had a very good meal on the top floor of the hotel - would definitely recommend it. The AI drinks menu features beer, wine, local spirits, a selection of cocktails and soft drinks - plenty to choose from. Although the area surrounding the hotel is a bit under-developed and quiet, it only cost a few euros on the bus to venture out a bit. Nearby places include Pefkos (20 mins), Lindos (30 mins) or if you fancy going further afield it takes about 2 hrs to get te Rhodes town - well worth a trip. But to be honest, the hotel has everything you need. There is nightly entertainment which is good and well-organised & activities throughout the day such as aqua aerobics, boules, darts, water polo, football - brilliant if you have kids. Every evening there is a fountain show to music which is worth a watch. We also made use of the spa/jacuzzi during our stay (included) and used the beach towels provided by the hotel too (free as long as you reurn them). All in all a perfect holiday in the sun, would definitely return!

Room Tip: Go for a pool view - we stayed in 1240 - had the sun on the balcony in the evening
5 Thank Rudders21

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (545)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Cheltenham
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I was sceptical about booking an all inclusive hotel; mostly because of the quality of food and type of clientele (I normally stay at boutique hotels when possible), however, I was very pleasantly surprised by this hotel.
Rooms: Spacious, decorated nicely, no noise issues and all our room type allocation requests were met.
Location: This is a quiet location (just a few shops and restaurants nearby), although we knew this when we booked, and being an all inclusive hotel you really don't need to leave unless you want to take trips out. This leads on to one of my negatives; the hotel are not forthcoming with information on things to do outside of the hotel, which to me makes no sense as it's no loss to them. I can only imagine this is to do with holiday reps wanting to sell excursions at high mark ups. Anyhow, after making enquiries we went on the little train which picks up outside the hotel and is good to give you a little idea of your bearings; there is a bus stop opposite the hotel which you can catch buses to Lindos, Rhodes town etc from regularly; and there is a watersports place on the beach of the hotel next door which does a fantastic glass bottom boat trip for 25 euro which goes to the Acropolis of Lindos, the bay of St Pauls with it's caves and the filmset for the Guns of Navarone and stopping for swimming in the sea. Note that the guy on the watersports place on the Andrianna beach told us it was too early in the season (end of May?!) for the boat trips to Lindos and tried to charter us a boat!! I'm so glad we decided to visit the other place and enquire anyway.
Food: The food surpassed all my expectations and really was exceptional quality with an amazing variety. You get one meal in the a la carte restaurant per week of your stay. We were really looking forward to this but unfortunately we were disappointed with the menu, quality of food and lack of atmosphere and ended up leaving our mains and going downstairs back to the 'normal' restaurant (and cancelled our second visit we had booked).
Entertainment: Wow, what a programme. You were never short of something to do; I got involved in Yoga, Pilates, Stretch, Water Aerobics, Archery and Mini Golf but there was still loads of other things to do. I have to take my hat off to the animation team who work tirelessly and really are one of the key selling points for this hotel (and brought tears of laughter to me on more than one occasion with their evening shows). I also never tired of watching the musical fountain show whilst having dinner each evening.
Hotel in general: A good, well thought layout. All the family type facilities kept to the same region. Well priced on site shop for essentials. Beach is accessible via a pass under the road so you don't have to worry about crossing it. Kept very clean. I was disappointed to see tiles missing in the pool with it being such a new hotel and my visit so close to the start of the season (surely this should have been sorted before opening for the season?).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BamBamCheltenham
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Been back 2 weeks so this review is a bit late! Feels like such a long time ago now and would love to be back there now!

Yes the hotel is a bit away from the airport but having read the reviews on here prior to booking, I opted for a private taxi to take us to the hotel and it took 45 mins. So glad I made this choice.

We had paid a bit more for the honeymoon room with private pool (special occasion as it was my partner's 40th) and we were delighted with the room! Was very spacious, huge bed and loved sitting out by the pool. We had room 3006. Loved the design and layout of the room. Not quite sure how one could dislike the bathroom. Yes there is no door on the lock but when you go as a couple/ family, you know if someone is in there and don't go in. Is it such a big issue? Toiletries also provided for you including nail file, cotton wool.

Thought the staff were very friendly, Anna in reception, Jimmy and Michaela at the pool bar to name a few! Spent most time at the pool bar but loved a few margaritas at the lobby bar. Done exactly how I like it with salt on the rim of the glass. Enjoyed a number of Pina coladas too! Often asked for my water bottle to be filled up at the pool bar and they were very obliging. Had no issue with drinking the tap water.

I thought there was a great variety of food. If anything I was worried about how much I ate. Had an omelette for breakfast every morning. There was a choice of cereal, pastries, bread, fruit and the usual bacon and sausages etc. And I loved that we were offered a glass of bubbly on sunday morning. Whilst there were similar foods offered every day such as pasta and chips, the menu was changed as well. There was an Italian night and we were offered limoncello as we walked in. There was also Greek night on the Sunday with fresh kebabs being made by a chef. There was also a seafood night with fresh prawn, mussels etc. We went to the moonlight restaurant for my partners birthday. Not a lot of starters to choose from if you didn't like seafood. I had fish soup and then the seafood linguine which was delicious. My partner had the Greek appetiser and then the lamb and the lamb was really good.

I thought the animation team were really good. I took part in a number of activities, aqua gym, yoga, Zumba and water polo. They were friendly too especially Sara who instructed on the classes I did. Also watched their shows on a few nights which was quite entertaining. Now when I hear 'Happy' by Pharrell, it makes me think of them and what a great time I had. Whilst I haven't got any children, I saw the team with the kids who were really enjoying themselves, and I would not hesitate to go back in future with my own children as they were well looked after.

We went for a Relaxing holiday so didn't look around the island much but i did take the bus to Lindos one morning. Very convenient with the bus stop across the road and a short 30 min drive.

Overall had a great time, loved our room which made it even more special. The mini bar was filled up every other day which wasn't an issue. Besides you can always go to the pool or snack bar to have more if you were particularly thirsty. We were also given a birthday cake, fruit and a bottle of bubbly on my partners birthday. Spent most of our time at the pool as the beach was a bit too stony for me.

I cannot recommend this place enough and the people that we met there all agreed how nice it was.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Louisa1974
Birmingham
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Not sure what people have to complain about. Dianyt, you said no room service and no milk for tea and coffee. Our room was cleaned every day, when we asked for milk for tea and coffee at the main bar late at night the team obliged. When we asked for warm milk for our 2yr old they obliged.

So onto my review, big hotel, so don't expect it to be a boutique hotel they have one if you'd rather. Although with only 380 rooms it never felt too busy. Very good standard of fit and finish and I felt we got exactly what we paid for, a non chav all inclusive that I could enjoy with my wife and two kids. Is the food the best..... Not really, but it's all inclusive, and I didn't expect a la carte! I expected fresh food and I got fresh food, some dishes were. Ether than others but on the whole better than you'd make yourself for dinner at home each night.

All of the staff were really helpful, I even got a buggy ride by the porter when we got there late at night to show me round the hotel. Kiatori itself is really quiet, however definitely worth goings o one of the tavernas as they are right on the beach and the food is superb.
given that my boutique hotel days are over whilst travelling with young kids, and there is such a naff selection of all inclusive hotels dotted around the med, would I go back to this hotel whilst kids are growing up........ For sure. If I want to give them some culture rhodes has plenty. Great hotel, ok food, good service, free booze, and a relaxing time....... Isn't that what holiday is about!?

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Morbster
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Just got back today and I can say without a shadow of a doubt it was the best holiday that I've ever been on. The hotel was incredible, the staff were friendly and very efficient, and the pool was amazing. I can't recommend this hotel enough, we will certainly be going back again. We had a pool view room which had a big balcony with a good view. They have thought of everything. If I had to give one negative point it would be the location in relation to the rest of the island. Rhodes town, the airport, and the water park were all a 2 hour coach journey away. However, we liked being far away from the clubbing/tourist areas. Despite being far away there is a good bus service from right outside the hotel with good prices however, don't get a bus on Sundays. The beach was unspoilt and the weather was great. There were plenty of water sports on offer on the hotels private beach and you could get food anytime between 7am and midnight. The facilities are incredible, rooms really good and whilst we didn't use the spa area that was also very good. Honestly, anyone slating this place needs to go to specsavers because they clearly didn't make it to the right hotel!

Room Tip: Get pool view, not limited sea view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Liz R
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Just got back on Sunday after 10 days at this amazing hotel. We are already looking to book again next year for 2 weeks! Read some of the bad reviews about this place. People must be really fussy to find anything wrong with this hotel worth moaning about! The professional pictures are exactly what the place looks like. The rooms are always clean and modern, with everything you need.

We had one free meal in the Moonlight Restaurant, which was just fantastic. It's a completely different vibe from the rest of the resort which was a lovely change. Granted, you have to pay for your drinks up there but it really didnt matter to us. I had two lovely glasses of prosecco and my boyfriend had an amazing mojito. The staff up there were really sweet.

The all inclusive food is exactly what I expected. I dont eat meat or fish so maybe a tad limited for me but I'm extremely happy with the pasta and salad options (and chips!). The staff in the main eating area are lovely too; not sure what some people are moaning about.

The pool area and sunbed area are gorgeous and I wouldnt have changed anything about it. People have moaned about the lifeguard but he is just doing his job. He chats away to people and I found him quite amusing. There's nothing wrong with him!! The bar staff at the pool bar were incredibly friendly too; especially Jimmy!

What I would say is not to drink too much of the local spirits as they can make you quite hungover on not that much. But otherwise, the drinks were fine, especially the beer.

All in all, this place is amazing and resulted in me and my boyfriend having the most special holiday in 3 years of going to hotels on a regular basis. It really was the best holiday. Weather was perfect too.

We didnt attend much of the entertainment but we dont really do that on holiday anyway. We much rather sitting at the pool bar till late. You must book this hotel!

Also, the taxi is about 50 mins from the airport and cost between 75 and 80 euros each way so do not get a shuttle bus. It will not be worth the money you save as it will probably take about 3 hours in blistering heat.

Room Tip: Pick a pool view. You can people watch from your balcony!
1 Thank Amber-Lea C
Poznan, Wielkopolskie, Poland
Reviewed 9 July 2014

When I was in Egypt 2 years ago in Iberotel Aquamarine Hotel, travel agency employee told me that it's so good that I will compare every hotel to this one and he was right. I did it last year while being in Turkey, and this year in Greece. I have to say, Princess A. beats all :)
I was a little worried, because Hotel isn't the cheapest one to sat the least but it's definitely worth the price.
Staff - one of the best I've seen. Everyone speaking English, so there were no problems with anything starting from check-in to ordering drinks, food, extending stay for few hours etc.
About cleanness - what can i say, spotless.
Room, clean ,spacious, bed comfortable (I slept better than in my own bed :) ), my congratulations for designers.
In general, hotel is not huge and at the same time not to small, so You're not overwhelmed but everything is there. We had small walk to the beach, but we spent more time by the pool because water in the see wasn't as warm as we expected.
Pool was large enough and there were enough sun beads to accommodate all guests, although during our 2 last days we saw more people coming and "fights" over sun beds starting.
One of the best things about the hotel was it's food. I don't understand people complaining about amount or quality of food there. Everything was fresh, well cooked, local dishes, see food.. I could come back there just for the food :) There was even champagne for one of the breakfast.
During meals (all in main restaurant) we ware always served with drink (coffee, water, wine) by waiter, which was nice.
Nice thing was also live performances after diner by the lobby. We could sit on a sofa, have a drink and listen to great music. Speaking of drinks - no one spared alcohol in them, fantastic margaritas :)
If I had to point anything wrong, there was one thing - wine during diner was almost always warm.
To tell You the truth, I could go on and on saying how nice it was, but I will just recommend - go there and see for Yourselves.
Oh, one more thing, we got a better room that we paid for (room that we'd normally had to pay over 100EU more) so compliments to TUI :)

Room Tip: Take a room with pool view. Amazing fountain shows and view on the entire hotel and mountains.
2 Thank Patryk N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kiotari
Rodos Princess Beach Hotel
#1 of 15 in Kiotari
Lindos Princess Beach Hotel
SENTIDO Port Royal Villas & Spa
Mitsis Alila Resort & Spa

Been to Princess Andriana Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!