“Great Villa”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Carlisle, England, United Kingdom
“Great Villa”
Reviewed 29 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

We wanted a week to relax and found this villa with Thompson holidays. Great location, well cared for villa. Easy walk down to sea side Tavernas.
The only problem was Thompson holidays with massive queues in Manchester over two hours to check bags in and big queue in Rhodes.
GREAT VILLA, POOR TRAVEL COMPANY.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Relaxed, easy access to sea front. great base for exploring Island by car.
Liked least: Check in at both airports
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 65+
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
30 Oct 2015
Thank you Michael for your good comments about my villa. I am sure that Thomson will look into the airport problems and try for solutions.
Hope to have you back soon. I wish you have a good time in winter.
Sandra P
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Great Venue”
Reviewed 14 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

We booked this accommodation via Thomson. We paid per head and the car was included with the villa. Having read the reviews, we paid the highest price which was only a few pounds extra, because we wanted Villa C or D. We got D!
We were delighted with the accommodation which had a kitchen well stocked with utensils, pans, etc. It is on 2 floors, with 3 bedrooms. You have a dishwasher and washing machine. The choice of shower or bath. I could see the sea from my bed and probably had one of the best views I've ever had from Greek accommodation. The living area is also made up of an open plan kitchen / dining / living room with TV, DVD player etc.
One of the best things about this property is the outdoors. The pool is maintained twice a week. The garden is beautiful and well kept. There is a BBQ. We ate al fresco for every meal.
We had a problem with the air con breaking down and this was fixed within hours of making the call.
We walked to the nearest beach and took the car to all the local haunts, beaches, etc. I would recommend getting a guide book, though there are some suggestions in the villa.
There were some nice restaurants on the beaches in Kiotari and Gennadi. A slightly longer drive takes you to Pefkos, with lots of restaurants, cash points, shops and more beaches, which I preferred to Gennadi Square, Lardos, etc. We shopped at the local supermarket and Carrefour and got everything we needed.
We like old buildings, archaeology and walking and had all that less than an hour from home. A short drive from the villa took us to something new every day and we had a couple of lazy days relaxing at the villa too. We visited many beaches, so everything most holiday-ers could want is there. Weather was consistently good.
This is one of the few occasions when I would go back to the same place, since we went for a week, and it just wasn't enough :).

Travelling group: Friends
18 Oct 2015
Dear Sandra,
Thank you so much for your very positive comments for my villas. Your words give me the strength to continue and I promise you whenever you decide to come back you will be as satisfied as this time.
Until next summer, I send you my best regards,
Despina
Sarah T
Quorndon, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic 2 weeks stay at Gonos Villas”
Reviewed 9 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We had our villa holiday between 15th/30th July 2015. The villa is about an hours drive from Rhodes Airport. We were amazed how big the villa was, with enough room to sleep 6 people easily. There was everything you needed, more like a home from home. The pool and garden have a great view of the sea and are will kept with the pool being cleaned twice a week. A car is included with the villa which you can upgrade (the car included is small). The shops are only a short drive away, there are also a number of restaurants along the coastal road.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view from the pool
Liked least: Can't think of anything.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
10 Aug 2015
Dear Guests,
I appreciate your good comments for my villas. Your opinion counts to all future guests. I will keep up the good work maintaining the villas and providing the service expected by my customers.
Thank you again and wish you all the best.
Amanda T
Stamford, United Kingdom
“Absolutely perfect villa!”
Reviewed 4 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

Our family booked with Thomson (partner, 5yr old, & 1yr old), and we wish we had booked directly with Despina and booked flights and car hire separately. The villa was immaculately clean, had everything we needed, and was in a quiet location for us. Despina kindly let us have an extra two hours on our last day since our flight was at 2am (she would've let us stay longer if there wasn't someone else starting their holiday later that day).
We were in Villa D, which is one of the detached villas (the garden has a connecting gate with Villa C, which is great for retrieving wayward beach balls if you're not traveling with your neighbors in C). There is air conditioning in each bedroom and the lounge. There is a dishwasher (we chose to wash by hand), a percolator coffee pot, a kettle, a sandwich grill/toaster, a microwave, a washing machine, a safe. Some info said 15 channels were in English, but most were Arabic. There is a DVD player, but I don't know if it is multi region, as we didn't use it. There is wifi, but the signal is poor and non-existant if you go into a bedroom - but you don't need it too much on holiday, anyway! There was even a library of books and magazines, perhaps left by previous holiday makers - my hubby left his novel he'd read for future footy loving blokes!
The private pool is heavenly! There was a lilo there already, and we left a few children's bits for future families.
A path to the back of Villa C takes you to the road along the coast - if you turn right at the bottom of this road, you can walk to restaurants (including our favourite on our holiday, Stefano's), a tourist shop, and a beach. Apart from this, you really need a car.
There are small supermarkets turning either right or left out of the villa. To the left, towards Gennadi, is a pizza place worth a visit, an ice cream shop, and a supermarket. You can also drive down to the seaside road if you turn left again. Turning right out of the villa takes you to a Carrefour, a chemist, plenty of tourist shops, and other nearby areas (Lardos is this way, as is Pefki and Lindos). Lindos is definitely worth a visit!
We'd definitely go again, booking directly on the Gonos Villas website next time!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: A gorgeous location all to ourselves with everything we needed.
Liked least: The Thomson flight experience, no children's TV in English, and weak wifi.
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
10 Aug 2015
My dear guests,
Thank you for the nice comments about your stay in my villa. It is my duty and responsibility to offer the best possible service to the people who have chosen my villas for their holidays.
I want to assure you that if you decide to come back you'll receive the same service and treatment.
Kind Regards,
trellybea...
“Lovely week”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

We stayed for a week through Thomsons with car hire included. Please be aware that Thomson will automatically allocate you the smallest car going which means unless you have gone very light on the packing you will end up paying for an upgrade! Very clear driving instructions and its about an hour from the airport. Villa is lovely, clean and fresh inside with a lovely pool area. There was us and our baby so we ended up with 2 spare bedrooms so there was easily plenty of room for more people.
We visited Lindos and Rhodes town and found plenty of resteraunts nearby for the evening.
We came with our 11 month old and they provided a cot and highchair which was great, you do have to constantly watch the baby/toddlers though due to the hazards everywhere which I imagine would be the same in any villa rental. Wifi speed was great.
Only slight issue is that villas A & B are adjoined with only a very small fence between the pools. We were lucky as we had a very quiet couple next door but if here had been anyone loud or a family with children it would have been quite unpleasant, certainly not a peaceful holiday! If that is what you want make sure you book C or D villas which are detached.

Jonny S
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Wonderful two week stay!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

The family and I stayed here for two weeks through June and July 2014. Our stay here was excellent.

The villa is situated in a good location for visiting the north and south of the island, however I would advise hiring a car as most amenities are outwith walking distance. It is part of a group of four villas, two detached and two semi detached. We were situated in Villa C, one of the detached villas, which was secluded from the other villas.

The villa itself is extremely clean and decorated to a very high standard. The pool is lovely, great for a swim in the hot weather.

All the facilities which are required to cook are available and there is a BBQ which we made use of a couple of times.

The flat is cleaned mid stay and the pool is cleaned once every three or four days.

The owner of the villa, Despina, came to visit us to ensure we were enjoying our stay which I thought was a nice touch.

Overall the whole family very much enjoyed their stay and would definitely recommend it to other people.

Sophjme93
“Excellent”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

Couldn't fault this villa me
And my partner stayed in villa A and it was perfect the villa was
So modern everything you needed was available within the villa,I would highly recommend this villa to couples who don't want the hassle of getting up early to put a towel on a sun bed defiantly give this villa 5 stars!!

1 Jul 2014
Thank you for your very positive review and opinion about my villas. Comments such as yours, encourage me to continue working hard ensuring a high level of service and comfort.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing