Mitsis Rodos Maris Resort & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$200
US$196
US$87
US$83
  • Breakfast included
Al Mare Villas(Kiotari)(Great Value!)
US$108
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
2,740 results
All reviewsinternet cafechinese restaurantgelateriafamily bungalowbeach barpizzamain restauranttoastiesanimation teamgreat holidayevery other dayfood and beverage managerwater polospecial mentionhot dogsf b managermini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Where to start, I guess as so many have I suppose with our arrival. Through no fault of the hotels we arrived circa midnight and after a long day with little food soup and rolls were not ideal... although to be fair it's more than we were expecting so thank you for considering us late arrivals in the first place.

The room - we were set in the far corner of the resort (563) so it was peacefully quiet, the children had seperate beds in a seperate area which was very nice and something not all family rooms had, i'm not sure why this is but if you get the chance and you're travelling as a family then ask for it.

We did have a problem with ants for the first few days. This is only my thought but my prognosis is that the room had not been used for sometime and ants had managed to make little nests in the smallest of gaps. It was all restricted to the bathroom and after being tired of killing approx 50 a day we contacted reception who arranged for the bathroom to be sprayed... this signifacantly reduced the problem.

My only other critisism of the room is please have more and bigger pillow! if you've been before you'll know what I mean. The cleaners were excellent and seemed to be around all day, so regardless of what time you vacated the room they would always be on hand.

Food - Personally we thought the food was excellent, the Italian was by far our favourite and over the 2 week stay we visited there approx 7 times -we even had our wedding meal there. The main resturant has a much larger variety of foods and there is something for everyone... i'm espeically going to miss the breakfast pastry swirls - someone please send me a recipe! We were dissapointed with the chinese and as a result only went the one time but others raved about it so it may have been an isolated experience.

Staff - Extremely friendly and very accomdating, they are are extremeley well trained and efficient. We befriended the most loveliest drinks waitress (Elizabeth) in the top bar. I cannot praise and thank her enough she is a credit to the hotel and we all miss her very much and I hope somehow she gets to read this.

Entertainment - Its not something we went for so only watched occassionally, the kids section is for young children so ours being 11 and 9 found it all too babyish.

Beach - I love the beach but the pebbles were too much for me, to the point where it began cutting my feet so make sure you bring appropriate footwear. The sea is a briliant blue and fish swim around your feet, the views from the beach are incredible.

The beach bar is a very fun place to sit and watch the world go by, one of my highlights from the whole 2 weeks is following our wedding at St Pauls bay we took the glass boat back to the hotel and in our full dress turned up at the beach bar and ordered 10 cheese toasties... you probably had to be there to appreciate it but its a sight and a memory that I won't forget.

Location - To be honest its a bit far out buts its an all inclusive so who cares. Pefkos and Lindos are just 20-30 minute bus trips away and if you only step outside of this all inclusive resort once you must go to Lindos. If visiting Rhodes town hire a car or get a trip on a coach as its a good hour and a bit away.

Spa - My partner visited the spa the day prior to the wedding for her nails and she was very dissapointed. There was a language barrier which was not helpful and as much our fault as it was theirs (although the barrier was french and not greek as you might expect), and the quality and value for money for what was done was very disspointing. That night the nails were failing and on the morning of the wedding my partner went back to see what they could do and unfortunately very little as the nail lady was not working so another worker did what they could but ultimately it resulted in my partner running over to the shop and buying what she needed to do it herself.

Summary - Beautiful place, beautiful people and I would and am recomending it others. My only words of caution are we that we arrived on the 21st May and experienced 2 very different weeks. The first week was quiet,whilst all the sunbeds and dining tables were taken there were no queues and the hotel rooms were very quiet. However, as soon as the 1st June arrived the hotel stepped up a notch, coach loads turned up on the hour and the hotel changed as a result. Somehow the standards and service remained exactly the same as week 1 but it was just generally a busier environment and things were taking a little longer than they were.

As already mentioned we had our wedding whilst over in Rhodes and this hotel was the perfect accompaniment to it.

It's unfortunately likely that we wont return in the next 10 years but this is in no way a reflection of the hotel, more so a reflection of the island. We pretty much have done all we can on Rhodes and as a family who want to explore we would love to go back when the East coast is further developed.

Dont forget if you know the breakfast pastry swirl recipe let me know.

Room Tip: Rooms to the left as you look at reception (but North on a map) are quieter as they are away from the main building, pools and restuarants.
5  Thank Antony H
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We arrived a party of 17 on 21st May. On arrrival check in was fine but we were very disappointed with the food offered to us, lukewarm rice, soup and some salad. The following morning at breakfast we found the choice of food to be excellent as were the rest of meals during the holiday no complaints at all. My husband celebrated his 65th birthday on the 22nd and we all ate at the Italian, made so welcome. As it was too late for them to organise a birthday cake for him they invited us to eat there the following night and this time he had his cake. Also on the night of his birthday he entered the Mr Rodas competition, the animation team were great and from then on wished him happy birthday everyday of the holiday. My son-in-law also celebrated his 40th birthday and we tried to book a table of 17 in the main restaurant, however this wasn't possible because of the number of people staying Stellios was so apologetic and arranged for us to eat at the Italian complete with cake, thankyou Stellios. We hired a car for 3 days very good value(€90) and saw most of the island very easy to get around. Tried the Greek restaurant twice and the Chinese once. All the staff deserve a mention, cleaners, bar staff, Maria on the restaurant door always a smile on her face. Big thankyou has to go to the Animation team, Alex, Paolo, Anton, Redak and Babs kept everyone amused day and night without being pushy. Hope to come back again.

3  Thank SandB_03
Reviewed 8 June 2014

What can I say but absolutely ticked every box for me and my family.
Hotel spotless at all times
rooms cleaned daily to a high standard,
mini bar re-stocked every second day
hotel set in lovely grounds
pool areas are great the small pool having a great water slide lifeguard a really nice guy (chris)
the food hall had lots of variety so couldn't complain
didn't try the greek so cant comment
Chinese was ok but a nice change all the same.
the Italian was first class with the food being great and Georgia and her team being so lovely and welcoming well done Georgia we loved your food and staff thanks so much
now a few staff mentions Christina and Georgia at the pool bar such lovely girls always smiling and happy a credit to the hotel so I hope the manager reads this review and gives you a pat on the back.these kind of staff should be given much praise and a huge pat on the back thanks Christina and Georgia
Also Maria in the main bar in the hotel lovely polite girl was so professional.
And last but by know means least
THE ANIMATION TEAM
These guys are absolutely awesome the fun we had with them on this holiday made it the most special experience we have ever had ,the water polo , aqua aerobics , table tennis , darts , and the dancing lessons were great fun
the evening shows were really great so funny and very professional.
ALEX, PAOLO , BABS , BOB
You guys made are holiday thanks so much you are great people and a credit to the hotel
I hope that you get the recognition you deserve from the management as you made it the best holiday we have ever had love you guys
hopefully see you again someday
from
Iain Kelly Katie kyle
Aaron carl harry and Alfie

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kelliain
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We arrived on the 21st may for two weeks, and I would say the only disappointment to this holiday was the food on arrival, salad and soup, ok for the adults but not great for the kids.
The reviews all say that you are entitled to one visit to each specialist restaurant per holiday however we visited the Italian at least 5 times (it was gorgeous and the hostess on arrival you couldn't wish for better), we did the Greek twice, the supervisor was fantastic and could remember our drinks from the time before!! The Chinese we didn't enjoy, although there was a large group of us (17 in total) the food was served very bizarrely and there was no choice for vegetarians.
The food in the main menu was fantastic at all meals, I have never seen my son eat so much and he is a fussy eater!! The queuing system we didn't have a problem with and in my honest opinion worked very well, you got to sit either inside or outside, due to the weather outside was more popular and you did have to wait a while (no more than 5 mins) but that is your choice, the lady on the door was lovely and introduced me to a very nice cocktail one night when she had finished :-)
All of the bar staff need a special mention as they all were very attentive and it got to the point where they knew what we wanted before we arrived at the bar, not sure if this was a good thing or not!!
The rooms were slightly dated however the amount of time you spend in your room it doesn't really matter. They were cleaned every day to a high standard and the mini bar refreshed every other day. I do agree with the comment about the shower screens as our bathroom was also like a swimming pool after 4 of us had showered.
The swimming pools were both good and very clean, yes the main pool is very deep at its deepest however as a responsible parent you should be watching your children at all times. The slide pools were great for kids and the lifeguard was very attentive (this coming from 2 lifeguards our selves). The surface was very slippy so I would advise wearing shoes to the pool.
A special thanks goes to the animation team, Alex, Anton, Babs, Bob, Paulo, Radek who were all fantastic we couldn't have wished for a better time. My dad was on stage for his 65th birthday (mister Bob!!), my brother in law/and his brother dressed as spice girls, my partner dressed as a secretary and my sister entering Miss Rodos.
The only night we experienced any booing was the final night, which was my brother in law representing the English, however he didn't notice it and in all fairness there was plenty of cheering as well from other nationalities.
A fantastic holiday where we definitely hope to return to.

Room Tip: We had room 725, close to the beach, pool and restaurants
3  Thank Ferrarigirlie
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We arrived at the hotel later than planned due to a flight delay with Thomson so it was 2am Rhodes time when we finally arrived at reception. There was along queue with a big party checking in so we bided our time politely waiting whilst the 2 harassed male receptionists tried to get everyone checked in quickly. When it came to our turn just 2 adults in a sea view room the receptionist said there was a problem with the room because it was sea view and that the previous occupants had not left due to a flight issue so they were going to put us in the sister hotel 1/2 mile down the road for one night and that we would then get into our room the next day. My husband was not amused and asked to speak to the night manager, they informed us that they do not have any management on at night they are left to sort out any issues that arise and we either took the room or sat in the lobby! Not impressed we had no choice but to go over to the other hotel there was a general scramble for transport to transport us and our luggage and eventually we got taken to the Rhodos village. They were very pleasant and said food was waiting for us in the room and we had free use of the mini bar so we went up the room. It was spacious ,clean , with no view at all and very hard beds and the two plates of ham, cheese and potato salad and rolls had been left in the room for some time with no air con switched on or put in the fridge so this was unappetising to say the least!! The mini bar was our next stop and we were very disappointed to find 2 beers 2 cokes and 2 orange juices and 2 bottles of water in it. Too exhausted by this time we just went to bed! Next morning we had breakfast at the hotel then asked reception to transport us back to the Maris and to ensure the manager would be on hand to discuss the issue with us. He eventually arrived 20 mins later and asked us to come into his office ,we then all sat down and waited and waited with him just looking at us as if to say what's the issue here?? I then said an apology would be nice to which he launched into the fact that he had helped us out by finding us a room because ours had had a water leak and we wouldn't have wanted to be put in it he had provided food and as far as he was concerned that was the end of the matter and we were just making a big fuss about nothing! Unbelievable!! I think he needs some further training in complaint management if in fact he has ever had any to start with! We told him that the reception staff had told us that the room was occupied and he said they are told to say that so presumably this happens a lot and indeed we found another couple who arrived on the same night but a bit earlier in the evening who had exactly the same treatment. As he could tell we were unimpressed he then said we could have a choice of rooms either a sea view in the main building or a bungalow so we asked to see both and decided the main building room was perfect for us so accepted that, we also managed to get a room extension on the last day as our flight was very late but that was all he would offer. Once we got in the room which was lovely ,fab view very clean lovely new beds and new towels every day we were more than happy. The food here is pretty good ,wine drinkable ,most staff very friendly some not so! The Italian taverna on the beach is excellent the manager there makes it seem that you have been invited into her home and is exceptional nothing a problem and we loved the food and the ambience she and her staff created. Breakfast in the morning is a bit of a bun fight and if you like a lot of coffee to start your day the way it's provided by the staff means long waits and asking for more milk as it's always forgotten, it would be easier if they could just give you pot of coffee or let you get your own as they are working very hard to clear and set up tables so to serve individual cups of coffee needs a full time dedicated staff member, but again the breakfast was varied and good. In the main we enjoyed our time here just didn't like how we were treated on the first night. Kiotara is vey pleasant lovely beach no night life which suits us and the little bus tour round the beach area is lovely and you get to see what the other hotels look like.

Room Tip: Sea view is well worth the extra some bungalows have private grounds out front but no view depends what you like to have
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple