“Great hotel with great atmosphere and relaxing location”

Mitsis Rodos Maris Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Kiotari
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned from Rodos Maris after a great week. The hotel is in a quiet area however what entertainment the area lacks the animation team make up for it.

The food in the hotel is great and loads to choose from. The hotel has 4 resteraunts a greek,italian, chinese and a la carte. Although we never made the greek resteraunt at the hotel i still think the italian would be hard to beat. All staff within the resteraunt are brilliant and are a credit to the hotel.

All the bar staff are excellent whether down the beach for a cocktail or main bar, geleteria or ampitheatre. I feel a special mention should go to Giorgios and Iradanius who work at the ampitheatre bar really friendly and relaxed also join in with the guests and make you feel welcome. YAMAS

As i said earlier the area the hotel is in is quiet but what the area lacks the animation team make up for. Animation team really made our holiday enjoyable although we didnt join in the activities until the last 3 days/nights we still enjoyed the shows they put on and how they interacted with us not one of them would walk past and ignore you they were always stopping for a blether and sometimes after there excellent shows they would sit at the bar and have a laugh and joke with the guests. The animation team are an asset to the hotel and well worthy of 5 stars for entertainment.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stuart M
Tsoukalas, HOTEL'S STAFF !!!! :) at Mitsis Rodos Maris Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

We all here cordially thank you for your good words
We wish you all the best for your self and for your beloved persons !!

Yours RODOS MARIS team :)

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We arrived at the Hotel the 3rd of June, arround 21:30. At the front desk there was "Madam" a sweet lady with red glasses ( i call her like that because se has a very funny way of saing "madame" so my friends and I wore calling her by that name :) and who ever stayed there knows what i'm talikng about) . She told us to let our luggages there in the lobby and rush to dinnere- it was near the closing time.
As we entered the main restaurant we wore welcomed by this sweet allways smileing Ruta. (very nice girl).
There was planty of food, many type of dishes-enough for every taste. in a week i never got the chance to have a bite of every dish. We wore served many times by Mihalis. Very nice and competent, allways smileing. As a matter of fact everyone was professional, with a smile on their faces even tough serving few hundreds of people, can be exhausting. At the pool bar Georgia prepared me the most tastefull frappe i have ever had, and with Kasi i allways had a nice chat when i was enjoing whatever the girls wore prepareing me
At the gelateria bar i noticed Maria because she was very frendly with us, she always knew what to serv when we wore clueless.
I noticed that the place in general is very clean and to be onest i never felt the need to go outside the resort. We had everything we needed. If you ever need to buy something for the loved ones near the main building is a store were you can find a large variety of products and it's cheaper compareing with the prices you can find at the market outside the resort.
In the resort you can find 3 different restaurants if you ever get bored eating at the main restaurant. We only get to eat at the greek restaurant because we had to make a reservation dinner few days in advance. So keep in mind this detail. the reservation is to be made at the reception desk.
Overall it was a great vacation and i look forward to our next holiday
To all the staff we have met there we are sending our regards and consideration

Room Tip: For those who live on the continent it's worth every penny spent on a room with the see view. I...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Buzila C

We are very happy to read that you had nice time with us !
You give us power to continue trying again and again to be better and better
We all thank yoy and we wish you all the best for yourself and for your Family

You are in our heart !!

The Staff and the Hotel's Managing team

Reviewed 11 June 2014

In your hotel we've spend a great holiday. We've recommended this hotel to all our friends. Services of the hotel and staff was excellent, but the animator team was super execelent! We would like to say thanks and hello to Tony, who always knows how to entertain us ("Snad se ještě někdy setkáme, opatruj se, přeje Vašek, Martina, Niky, Pepik, Jana a Petr z Čech.").
We wish you a great season this summer!
Friends from Czech republic.

Room Tip: Room 1057 was without any problem.
1  Thank MartinaKocova

Dear Good Friends,
we all thank you here for your good words.
We are happy if we made you holiday a nice and relaxing time after so much annualy hard work
we ll be glad to welcoem you again
Greetings :) from all of us

The Staff & the Managment team of RODOS MARIS !!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Where to start, I guess as so many have I suppose with our arrival. Through no fault of the hotels we arrived circa midnight and after a long day with little food soup and rolls were not ideal... although to be fair it's more than we were expecting so thank you for considering us late arrivals in the first place.

The room - we were set in the far corner of the resort (563) so it was peacefully quiet, the children had seperate beds in a seperate area which was very nice and something not all family rooms had, i'm not sure why this is but if you get the chance and you're travelling as a family then ask for it.

We did have a problem with ants for the first few days. This is only my thought but my prognosis is that the room had not been used for sometime and ants had managed to make little nests in the smallest of gaps. It was all restricted to the bathroom and after being tired of killing approx 50 a day we contacted reception who arranged for the bathroom to be sprayed... this signifacantly reduced the problem.

My only other critisism of the room is please have more and bigger pillow! if you've been before you'll know what I mean. The cleaners were excellent and seemed to be around all day, so regardless of what time you vacated the room they would always be on hand.

Food - Personally we thought the food was excellent, the Italian was by far our favourite and over the 2 week stay we visited there approx 7 times -we even had our wedding meal there. The main resturant has a much larger variety of foods and there is something for everyone... i'm espeically going to miss the breakfast pastry swirls - someone please send me a recipe! We were dissapointed with the chinese and as a result only went the one time but others raved about it so it may have been an isolated experience.

Staff - Extremely friendly and very accomdating, they are are extremeley well trained and efficient. We befriended the most loveliest drinks waitress (Elizabeth) in the top bar. I cannot praise and thank her enough she is a credit to the hotel and we all miss her very much and I hope somehow she gets to read this.

Entertainment - Its not something we went for so only watched occassionally, the kids section is for young children so ours being 11 and 9 found it all too babyish.

Beach - I love the beach but the pebbles were too much for me, to the point where it began cutting my feet so make sure you bring appropriate footwear. The sea is a briliant blue and fish swim around your feet, the views from the beach are incredible.

The beach bar is a very fun place to sit and watch the world go by, one of my highlights from the whole 2 weeks is following our wedding at St Pauls bay we took the glass boat back to the hotel and in our full dress turned up at the beach bar and ordered 10 cheese toasties... you probably had to be there to appreciate it but its a sight and a memory that I won't forget.

Location - To be honest its a bit far out buts its an all inclusive so who cares. Pefkos and Lindos are just 20-30 minute bus trips away and if you only step outside of this all inclusive resort once you must go to Lindos. If visiting Rhodes town hire a car or get a trip on a coach as its a good hour and a bit away.

Spa - My partner visited the spa the day prior to the wedding for her nails and she was very dissapointed. There was a language barrier which was not helpful and as much our fault as it was theirs (although the barrier was french and not greek as you might expect), and the quality and value for money for what was done was very disspointing. That night the nails were failing and on the morning of the wedding my partner went back to see what they could do and unfortunately very little as the nail lady was not working so another worker did what they could but ultimately it resulted in my partner running over to the shop and buying what she needed to do it herself.

Summary - Beautiful place, beautiful people and I would and am recomending it others. My only words of caution are we that we arrived on the 21st May and experienced 2 very different weeks. The first week was quiet,whilst all the sunbeds and dining tables were taken there were no queues and the hotel rooms were very quiet. However, as soon as the 1st June arrived the hotel stepped up a notch, coach loads turned up on the hour and the hotel changed as a result. Somehow the standards and service remained exactly the same as week 1 but it was just generally a busier environment and things were taking a little longer than they were.

As already mentioned we had our wedding whilst over in Rhodes and this hotel was the perfect accompaniment to it.

It's unfortunately likely that we wont return in the next 10 years but this is in no way a reflection of the hotel, more so a reflection of the island. We pretty much have done all we can on Rhodes and as a family who want to explore we would love to go back when the East coast is further developed.

Dont forget if you know the breakfast pastry swirl recipe let me know.

Room Tip: Rooms to the left as you look at reception (but North on a map) are quieter as they are away from th...
5  Thank Antony H
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We arrived a party of 17 on 21st May. On arrrival check in was fine but we were very disappointed with the food offered to us, lukewarm rice, soup and some salad. The following morning at breakfast we found the choice of food to be excellent as were the rest of meals during the holiday no complaints at all. My husband celebrated his 65th birthday on the 22nd and we all ate at the Italian, made so welcome. As it was too late for them to organise a birthday cake for him they invited us to eat there the following night and this time he had his cake. Also on the night of his birthday he entered the Mr Rodas competition, the animation team were great and from then on wished him happy birthday everyday of the holiday. My son-in-law also celebrated his 40th birthday and we tried to book a table of 17 in the main restaurant, however this wasn't possible because of the number of people staying Stellios was so apologetic and arranged for us to eat at the Italian complete with cake, thankyou Stellios. We hired a car for 3 days very good value(€90) and saw most of the island very easy to get around. Tried the Greek restaurant twice and the Chinese once. All the staff deserve a mention, cleaners, bar staff, Maria on the restaurant door always a smile on her face. Big thankyou has to go to the Animation team, Alex, Paolo, Anton, Redak and Babs kept everyone amused day and night without being pushy. Hope to come back again.

3  Thank SandB_03
Reviewed 8 June 2014

What can I say but absolutely ticked every box for me and my family.
Hotel spotless at all times
rooms cleaned daily to a high standard,
mini bar re-stocked every second day
hotel set in lovely grounds
pool areas are great the small pool having a great water slide lifeguard a really nice guy (chris)
the food hall had lots of variety so couldn't complain
didn't try the greek so cant comment
Chinese was ok but a nice change all the same.
the Italian was first class with the food being great and Georgia and her team being so lovely and welcoming well done Georgia we loved your food and staff thanks so much
now a few staff mentions Christina and Georgia at the pool bar such lovely girls always smiling and happy a credit to the hotel so I hope the manager reads this review and gives you a pat on the back.these kind of staff should be given much praise and a huge pat on the back thanks Christina and Georgia
Also Maria in the main bar in the hotel lovely polite girl was so professional.
And last but by know means least
THE ANIMATION TEAM
These guys are absolutely awesome the fun we had with them on this holiday made it the most special experience we have ever had ,the water polo , aqua aerobics , table tennis , darts , and the dancing lessons were great fun
the evening shows were really great so funny and very professional.
ALEX, PAOLO , BABS , BOB
You guys made are holiday thanks so much you are great people and a credit to the hotel
I hope that you get the recognition you deserve from the management as you made it the best holiday we have ever had love you guys
hopefully see you again someday
from
Iain Kelly Katie kyle
Aaron carl harry and Alfie

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kelliain
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We arrived on the 21st may for two weeks, and I would say the only disappointment to this holiday was the food on arrival, salad and soup, ok for the adults but not great for the kids.
The reviews all say that you are entitled to one visit to each specialist restaurant per holiday however we visited the Italian at least 5 times (it was gorgeous and the hostess on arrival you couldn't wish for better), we did the Greek twice, the supervisor was fantastic and could remember our drinks from the time before!! The Chinese we didn't enjoy, although there was a large group of us (17 in total) the food was served very bizarrely and there was no choice for vegetarians.
The food in the main menu was fantastic at all meals, I have never seen my son eat so much and he is a fussy eater!! The queuing system we didn't have a problem with and in my honest opinion worked very well, you got to sit either inside or outside, due to the weather outside was more popular and you did have to wait a while (no more than 5 mins) but that is your choice, the lady on the door was lovely and introduced me to a very nice cocktail one night when she had finished :-)
All of the bar staff need a special mention as they all were very attentive and it got to the point where they knew what we wanted before we arrived at the bar, not sure if this was a good thing or not!!
The rooms were slightly dated however the amount of time you spend in your room it doesn't really matter. They were cleaned every day to a high standard and the mini bar refreshed every other day. I do agree with the comment about the shower screens as our bathroom was also like a swimming pool after 4 of us had showered.
The swimming pools were both good and very clean, yes the main pool is very deep at its deepest however as a responsible parent you should be watching your children at all times. The slide pools were great for kids and the lifeguard was very attentive (this coming from 2 lifeguards our selves). The surface was very slippy so I would advise wearing shoes to the pool.
A special thanks goes to the animation team, Alex, Anton, Babs, Bob, Paulo, Radek who were all fantastic we couldn't have wished for a better time. My dad was on stage for his 65th birthday (mister Bob!!), my brother in law/and his brother dressed as spice girls, my partner dressed as a secretary and my sister entering Miss Rodos.
The only night we experienced any booing was the final night, which was my brother in law representing the English, however he didn't notice it and in all fairness there was plenty of cheering as well from other nationalities.
A fantastic holiday where we definitely hope to return to.

Room Tip: We had room 725, close to the beach, pool and restaurants
3  Thank Ferrarigirlie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kiotari
Mitsis Rodos Village Beach Hotel
#1 of 15 in Kiotari
Atrium Platinum Hotel
Atrium Platinum Hotel
#5 of 126 in Rhodes Town

Been to Mitsis Rodos Maris Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!