I can only endorse the positive comments by other reviewers, it was wonderful. I particularly liked the fact that all four swimming pools seemed to have a different theme. . An Olympic size one for serious swimmers, an activity pool for music and fun, a quiet one for couples and one near the beach was a mix of the others. I don't know if this was intentional but that's how it seemed. They all catered for children. The grounds are vast which means there can be a lot of walking to the beach or restaurant, but no problem for most people.
Yes the hotel is away from things but not so far it is cut off. We walked to Mastachari in about 45 minutes along the beach and caught a ferry to the island of Kalymnos.
There's a great taverna along the way to Mastachari, called Tan Tan. it has great view, good choice of food and a lively atmosphere for lunch.
For most of our stay we were "the only Brits in the village!", most of the others being German. The Euro football was on And everyone was very civilised about losing. We went to see Mama Mia at the open air theatre. It was of course in German, but who doesn't know the words to dancing queen. Only difference was that no one got up to dance to it!!
All the staff were very friendly and I can't wait to return next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Neptune Hotels - Resort, Convention Centre & Spa, an ample holiday resort on the island of Kos with rooms, suites and apartments is built in the traditional style of the Greek island architecture and located directly at a long sandy beach. The complex offers luxurious facilities and first-class accommodation in its main building as well as in the surrounding bungalow units, complimented by the traditional Greek hospitality. Four restaurants, eight bars, four outdoor pools, a modern conference center, various sports facilities, professional child care, diversified evening entertainment as well as the relaxing ambiance of the Neptune Spa reflect the high level of comfort and service at Neptune Hotels.The 150.000 m² private complex on the island of Kos is located 8 km away from the international airport of Kos, 18 km from the town of Kos and 5 km from the picturesque village of Mastihari. Neptune Hotels is the ideal place for relaxation and holidays, as well as an attractive convention & incentive destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Booking.com and TravelUp so you can book your Neptune Hotels - Resort, Convention Centre & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Neptune Hotels - Resort, Convention Centre Hotel Mastichari
- Neptune Hotels - Resort, Convention Centre And Spa
- Neptune Hotel And Convention Centre
- Neptune Resort And Convention Centre
- Neptune Hotels - Resort, Convention Centre & Spa Kos/Mastichari