“The wedding of our dreams”

Sensimar Royal Blue Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Panormos
Reviewed 12 August 2012

On July 14th this year we had our wedding at this beautiful hotel. We are from United States, but my husband still has big family in Greece, that’s why we decided to have our wedding there. We stayed at Royal Blue for few days prior to the wedding, and I have to say -- everything was just amazing. The service was excellent, everybody is very nice and friendly, and the grounds of the hotel are gorgeous with a beautiful view of the Aegean see. They have tons of big and small pools and many daily activities for guests. We stayed in a villa with a private pool, and it was totally worth. It is such a luxury to have your own pool. The food was excellent, the buffet was great and had tons of choices. We really enjoyed our breakfast sitting on a huge deck facing the see and listening live saxophone player in the background. The nightly entertainment was also very good. This resort is perfect for honeymoon, romantic and relaxing vacation. It has very enchanting and romantic atmosphere and wish we stayed there a little longer.
Now about the wedding. As soon as we arrived to the hotel after the church ceremony I said to myself: WOW! We had welcome drinks and appetizers for our quests on the main terrace in front of the reception building. The view was just breathtaking, it was around 8:30 pm and the sun already started going down. They decorated that area very tastefully; I think it is perfect spot for events like this. The dinner was by the main pool, and when I saw the whole setting – white tables and chairs with fuchsia accents (these were the colors of our wedding) I just couldn’t believe myself how pretty it was. Vini – one of the hotel managers who did our wedding planning did an outstanding job. Everything was just prefect and the decorations were very tastefully done. I have to say special thanks for her hard work and taking care of all little details. We had it all: live music, Cretan dancers, DJ and even the fireworks. At first we did not want to do the fireworks, but we are so glad we did. Our guests loved it and it added a big wow factor. The food at our wedding was unbelievable – I don’t even know how many different dishes we had, at least few choices of fish and shrimp, all kinds of meets and veggies, many fruits and deserts. It was a real feast and all of our guests loved the food and they all said they never had such a great food at the wedding. We all loved the performance of live dancers; it added such a unique and authentic atmosphere to our wedding. Originally they were supposed to dance for 30-40 minutes, but since everybody liked it so much they danced for a lot longer – which was very nice of them. They engaged everybody else into Cretan dancing which was so much fun (luckily I had the opportunity to practice a little before at a Greek baptism). We had so much fun and entertainment at our wedding, we did not want it to end. And to top everything off, some of our guests jumped in the pool at the very end – it was fun to watch. Hotel management was completely fine with it which was very nice of them. Royal Blue organized a real royal wedding for us. It was the most beautiful, unforgettable, enchanting and memorable day in our lives.

1  Thank Victoria P
Virginia F, Public Relations Manager at Sensimar Royal Blue Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Dear Victoria,

It is with great pleasure I read your wonderful review and to learn of your appreciation with the quality of service you received from our staff. We are all delighted that your wedding was amazing as it should have been and that everything was as you had wished for and even better! It was a pleasure for all of us and for me personally to participate in such special occasion of yours and contributed to make it unforgettable! I will ensure that everyone who played a part during your big days sees your very kind words.

It is a fact that here, at Sensimar Royal Blue Resort & Spa, we have the most wonderful setting and it just lends itself to such events. With the backdrop of the blue of the Mediterranean Sea it creates a magical place where such moments in your life take on a dreamlike quality. We are hosts to many events of this kind and of course people have come from all over the world to celebrate special events...

Such events like yours, always creates excitement and a wonderfully exhilarating atmosphere, which is enjoyed by both the guests and staff of the hotel alike.

Everybody is looking forward to welcoming you and Stavros again and until then wish you happy memories of your wedding and of your stay with us.

There are newer reviews for Sensimar Royal Blue Resort & Spa

Reviewed 8 August 2012

This is only my second review on trip advisor, however I feel I should let those people waiting anxiously for their arrival to the royal blue, know what they're in for;

THE BEST HOLIDAY EVER!!

I went in July with my girlfriend and we couldn't have been happier. Room was huge, clean and had a large jacuzzi bath. We had a pool directly outside our room, exclusively for ourselves and 4 other room Occupiers. The food, well then, the food was out of this world! Delicious, fresh, lots of variety. And the restaurant overlooks the med, where you get to witness the most beautiful sunset every single evening.

Cost of booze/cocktails: not that bad at all! Considering its 5*, we thought it was very reasonably priced (approx. £7 for a cocktail). If your struggling with cash flow, there is a mini supermarket 5 mins from the hotel where you can get plenty of bits for your room fridge!

Ps- I celebrated my 27th bday there, and on my bday I received, gratis, a bottle of champagne and a fresh cream cake. :-)

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank MichaelLR
Virginia F, Public Relations Manager at Sensimar Royal Blue Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2012

Dear MichaelLR,

Thank you for your lovely review!!

I am really pleased that you have enjoyed your Sensimar Royal Blue Resort & Spa experience and that our team has contributed in making it fantastic.

We love to impress and it is always our aim to continue to do so and exceed our guests’ high expectations!

We hope to welcoming you again soon!

Virginia Fthenou - Trouli

Reviewed 5 August 2012

Upon arrival we were welcomed by lovely staff, The hotel itself is very modern and bright, The staff were wonderful so much so i would say they made our holiday, The serving staff were very highly trained and made us feel special. I would like to say a big thank you to Georgia who took such good care of us. Would highly recomend this hotel if you just want to chill. Camelia and Frank

2  Thank Murrfamily

Dear Murrfamily,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us at Sensimar Royal Blue Resort & Spa .Thank you for acknowledging the friendliness and attentiveness of our team. It is certainly with great pleasure that we take every opportunity to exceed your expectations and we do hope to ensure you will want to return. Your kind recognition will be very well received.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome your return to our resort in the near future.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

My Husband and I have recently returned from a week at The Royal Blue Sensimar and what a wonderful week we had. From arriving at the hotel and being told we had been upgraded to The Royal Suite to the day we left everything was perfect. We were unusually alone as our children were doing other holidays so we wanted a very relaxing holiday with no racing around, sightseeing or the temptation of going shopping. If this is what you want, this hotel is perfect. We probably wouldn,t return with the children 19 & 14 year old boys as I think they would be bored but had we known of it a few years ago when they were small it would have been perfect. The food was great and always plenty to choose from and the Italian al a carte restaurant was superb, we unfortunately did not get to go to the Thai restaurant. The staff from Reception to maids to all the bar and restaurant staff were lovely, friendly and very helpful. One waiter persuaded us to try Greek wine which I have to admit was really lovely and highly recommend, the only thing I wish was that I could remember what it was called. I can,t say any more other than it was perfect and a real 5*.

Room Tip: We did book a Suite with own Pool and seaview however were upgraded to The Royal Suite. It is beaut...
3  Thank Aliatrom

Dear Mrs. Aliatrom,

Thank you for the time and interest you have taken in providing us important feedback via TripAdvisor with regards to your experience at Sensimar Royal Blue Resort & Spa.

I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our service team and facilities and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Reviewed 3 August 2012 via mobile

I very rarely write reviews at the beginning of my stay at a hotel and especially not during my stay, by this is a true gem of a hotel. Minor glitch with the room view was dealt with, promptly and we were given a beautiful room with an amazing view to the gardens and the Aegean blue. The food in their Cretan restaurant called (deservedly so) Kullinarium was a taste of heaven and everything Mrs Eleni cooked for us was magnificent! Mr Kiagias Front Desk Manager and his stuff were always there for us with a heart warming smile on their face. I have a reputation for being a little demanding when it comes to quality and standards (my friends call me ArchDuke :-) ) but their service is UNBEATABLE! Their spa was heavenly too, with equally perfect service! Excellent quality of cosmetics used in their therapies an great stuff. It is great we can find loungers wherever we choose to swim: their private beach, the huge main pool, or the medium size pool. Have not tried their Polynesian restaurant or their Italian one, but we look forward to! Read some reviews about how expensive their Blue Time bar is. I tend to disagree. Try to have a couple of coffees and some bottled water at the Ritz Carlton in Cannes and then come back to me. And it doesn't offer the mesmerizing Aegean blue as a setting like the Royal Blue does. More to come as, our stay progresses, but so far I am obliged to say a Big thank you Royal Blue, from room 528 with special thanx for all those who waited on us up until now!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank archdukedio

Dear Mr. “Archdukedio”,

What a lovely review!!!

We really appreciate that you have spent some of your valuable vacation time in order to post your holiday experience on trip advisor.

I am glad that our team has lived up to your expectations and I will make sure to convey your kind words to my colleagues.

We would love to welcome you again as our guests in the future and guarantee ultimate relaxation!.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

My wife and I have recently returned from a two week stay at this hotel. We were not very enthusiastic about staying here as we have previously holidayed in Italy . I can honestly say that it is a wonderful hotel and we both thoroughly enjoyed our holiday. The hotel staff were excellent and the facilities were really good. The price of drinks in the hotel are more than you would expect to pay in a taverna but if you stayed at any hotel in the uk you would pay as much or more. The food was always well presented, tasty,hot and plenty to chose from. I did not eat anywhere else but the main restaurant, which is a testament to the food.
In conclusion, if you want a chill out holiday with good food and great service then you can choose this hotel with confidence.

8  Thank Cornelius1980

Dear “Cornelius1980”,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay at Sensimar Royal Blue Resort & Spa on TripAdvisor and for recommending our hotel.

We are pleased that you enjoyed a comfortable & relaxing stay with us. Your feedback encourages us to constantly strive to provide guests with an excellent level of service, the level that all of us are committed to offer our guests.

It will be an absolute pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 July 2012

We stayed for 10 nights 26 June - 6th July and had a wonderful time. The staff at the Royal Blue made our stay so special we will definitely return. The hotel itself has excellent facilities and there is plenty of entertainment provided during the day and in the evenings. We enjoyed watching the dancing and the Beatles night was our favourite. I celebrated my 40th birthday whilst we there and the hotel delivered a cake and bottle of wine to our room - what a lovely surprise. We had a room with a shared pool so had the luxury of using that or going to the private beach. We made some good friends with the staff whilst there and special mention must go to George, Georgios, Mitos, Thannasos, Artur, Debbie, Daniel, Michelle,. Big thank you to all of you we shared some good laughs with you. They were very attentive and really went out of their way for us. The food in the main restaurant was lovely and there was always plenty to choose from and this was restocked throughout the night. We enjoyed the Greek night and the Greek food yum! We ate in the a la carte pan Asian restaurant 'Junsai' on one evening as the hotel gave us a complimentary voucher, this service and food was amazing. On our last day we had to check out at midday but our transfer wasn't until 10.30 pm that evening. We were able to still use all the hotel facilities and were able to store our suitcases in reception and then had use of a locker in the fitness suite so that we could shower etc.. after our last day at the beach. We were really grateful for this. Thanks to everyone at the resort for making our hoilday such a special one.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view as we heard that the rooms which back onto the main road were quite noisy...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Katie3096
Virginia F, Public Relations Manager at Sensimar Royal Blue Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

Dear Mrs. Katie,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience online. It is our ultimate aim to have happy and satisfied guests and that is where your feedback makes a difference.

Make sure to let us know of a future arrival and we will make sure to create another lifetime experience!

Virginia Fthenou - Trouli
v.fthenou@royalblueresort.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Panormos
Caramel Grecotel Boutique Resort
Royal Marmin Bay Boutique & Art Hotel
Tui Sensimar Elounda Village Resort & Spa by Aquila
St. Nicolas Bay Resort Hotel & Villas
IBEROSTAR Creta Panorama & Mare
Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete

Been to Sensimar Royal Blue Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!