On July 14th this year we had our wedding at this beautiful hotel. We are from United States, but my husband still has big family in Greece, that’s why we decided to have our wedding there. We stayed at Royal Blue for few days prior to the wedding, and I have to say -- everything was just amazing. The service was excellent, everybody is very nice and friendly, and the grounds of the hotel are gorgeous with a beautiful view of the Aegean see. They have tons of big and small pools and many daily activities for guests. We stayed in a villa with a private pool, and it was totally worth. It is such a luxury to have your own pool. The food was excellent, the buffet was great and had tons of choices. We really enjoyed our breakfast sitting on a huge deck facing the see and listening live saxophone player in the background. The nightly entertainment was also very good. This resort is perfect for honeymoon, romantic and relaxing vacation. It has very enchanting and romantic atmosphere and wish we stayed there a little longer.
Now about the wedding. As soon as we arrived to the hotel after the church ceremony I said to myself: WOW! We had welcome drinks and appetizers for our quests on the main terrace in front of the reception building. The view was just breathtaking, it was around 8:30 pm and the sun already started going down. They decorated that area very tastefully; I think it is perfect spot for events like this. The dinner was by the main pool, and when I saw the whole setting – white tables and chairs with fuchsia accents (these were the colors of our wedding) I just couldn’t believe myself how pretty it was. Vini – one of the hotel managers who did our wedding planning did an outstanding job. Everything was just prefect and the decorations were very tastefully done. I have to say special thanks for her hard work and taking care of all little details. We had it all: live music, Cretan dancers, DJ and even the fireworks. At first we did not want to do the fireworks, but we are so glad we did. Our guests loved it and it added a big wow factor. The food at our wedding was unbelievable – I don’t even know how many different dishes we had, at least few choices of fish and shrimp, all kinds of meets and veggies, many fruits and deserts. It was a real feast and all of our guests loved the food and they all said they never had such a great food at the wedding. We all loved the performance of live dancers; it added such a unique and authentic atmosphere to our wedding. Originally they were supposed to dance for 30-40 minutes, but since everybody liked it so much they danced for a lot longer – which was very nice of them. They engaged everybody else into Cretan dancing which was so much fun (luckily I had the opportunity to practice a little before at a Greek baptism). We had so much fun and entertainment at our wedding, we did not want it to end. And to top everything off, some of our guests jumped in the pool at the very end – it was fun to watch. Hotel management was completely fine with it which was very nice of them. Royal Blue organized a real royal wedding for us. It was the most beautiful, unforgettable, enchanting and memorable day in our lives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5* Sensimar Royal Blue Resort & Spa, is a tranquil exclusive resort, with its own private bay and an endless horizon of Cretan Blue. The complex consists of 38 public and private swimming pools as well as colorful gardens which extend throughout the resort. Natural stone has been used extensively with dedicated passion for detail, in the decoration of all outdoor areas, thus creating the perfect mix between sophistication and natural elegance. Guests will be pampered beyond conventional luxury with singular service standards and the renowned Cretan hospitality. The understated elegance of the 190 rooms, suites and villas, the uncompromising unique flavors of the resort's cuisine, the unique settings for the organization of your events and the mystical magic of the Pure Senses Spa are just the introduction to an experience that extend beyond the realms of a luxury resort. Outdoor Facilities (Private Beach, Beach services, 2 Tennis Courts, Tennis lessons upon request, 1 Mini Golf Court) Hotel Facilities (Express Check In - Check out, Wi-Fi Internet Connection, Internet Corner, Parking, Car Rental services, Multilingual staff, Guest Relations, Doctor on call, Destination Assistance, Postal Services, Security services, 'Gems and more' Jewelry Shop, Mini Market & Holiday Boutique, Dry / Laundry cleaning service) Personalized Services (Private Dining options, Special Meals upon request, Luxury transport upon request, Transfer from/to the airport upon request, Private Chef Services upon request, Business center & secretariat services upon request) In-Room Amenities (24hrs Room Service, Private Dining in Room upon request, In House Villa Treatments upon request) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sensimar Royal Blue Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sensimar Royal Blue Hotel Panormo
- Sensimar Royal Blue Resort And Spa
- Sensimar Royal Blue Resort & Spa Crete/Panormos