I am going to get the quibble out of the way first! This hotel is brilliantly located on a clifftop with massive gardens which are beautiful. steps lead down to about 3 or 4 bays which are cut into the rocks and have sun beds and shades in an idyllic location. however the hotel charges 4 euros a day to use them!!! and this is in a fully all inclusive hotel. they are free after 3pm so during the day they lay there empty and are descended on at 3 pm. 30 euros a week is a lot for one person and out of the question for a family. The rep said it is because people fight over them so much but thats nonsense and insulting. After that I have nothing but good to say. the grounds are beautiful, there are about 7 pools shared between this and its sister hotel. pool bars were open even in october. rooms are huge with a settee , very light in good condition with nice pictures and a fridge, black out curtains too and good air conditioning. staff are unbelievably helpful and pleasant - including reception staff which is unusual. nothing is too much trouble. house wine very drinkable - not always so in greece. local spirits are ok too - especially the gin! food very varied and good. afternoon tea brilliant and whatever the time of day there are fridges dotted about with nice rolls sandwiches and cakes in. the only downside for me is that i am a terrible sleeper and i was in room 501 whcih was on the end nearest the road and it is quite noisy if oyu have the windows open. my friends also had trouble in the rooms immediatle over the bar at the other end of the hotel. ask for a room overlooking the pool gardens - they are quietest and have lovely views. but all rooms have lovely sea views so you do not have to pay for one. we hired a car and our triops up into the hills were fantastice - you were in old crete almost immediately with friendly welcoming people, great ancient sites and great views. but this whole area is very unspoilt even on the coast - very little tourist rubbish around. panormo village is really sweet - walking distance with nice tavernas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If the gods had been on holiday, they would have chosen the IBEROSTAR Creta Panomara & Mare hotel, where everything wonderful about Greece is concentrated in 30,000 m2 of gardens on the Aegean seafront. Stay in this Olympus of luxury and relaxation, where everything is devoted to honour your existence. A stay unlike any other. There are a variety of accommodation choices for one or more people, including rooms on the top floors with privileged views and bungalows of different sizes right on the beachfront. Swim on your own beach. Located in Panormo, the hotel offers direct access to two coves where you can enjoy the Island of Crete and feel truly special amongst mortals. Mediterranean feasts. Cuisine tailored to your every whim, so you can explore the best of Greek and international cuisine in the various bars and restaurants with welcoming atmospheres filled with aromas from around the globe. Swim in a variety of waters. Combine the salty water of the Aegean Sea with the freshwater of the hotel’s six swimming pools, one of which is indoor and another a children’s pool. You can swim in one, and then take a dip in another… Great fun. This is the perfect place to bring your family. Here, the little ones of the family can have a thousand adventures and become real heroes. There are activities for all ages, both in the daytime and evening. Feel worshiped. This is what is special about All Inclusive; the feeling that everything is available to fulfill your wishes. Exquisite service, exclusive access, personalized to your needs… Now you know; at this hotel, you are a god. Celebrate everything, not just that you are on holiday. Your honeymoon, your wedding anniversary, your birthday… At this hotel, let your imagination run free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your IBEROSTAR Creta Panorama & Mare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Creta Panorama Hotel Panormo
- Iberostar Hotel Creta Panorama
- Iberostar Hotel Panormo
- IBEROSTAR Creta Panorama & Mare Crete/Panormos