My husband and I wanted a relaxing week away doing very little .... And that's what we got. We never left the hotel all week and never felt the need to either. The hotel itself consists of a main building and lots of little 'bungalows' dotted about the vast grounds, almost all have sea views. We only used the main pool which was very busy (never managed to get beds at others) and you had to be down way before 8 to get sun beds. However, some reserved sunbeds with towels and never used them all day or emerged late in the day which caused a little friction among some guests. This problem should be addressed.
The entertainment team were pleasant and professional at all times and really united all nationalities, they provided a great source of entertainment and fun even if you didn't join in. The kids clubs appeared very popular with varying clubs up to the age of 18 and everyone seemed to have a ball. Parents should be congratulated on the excellent behaviour of their offspring. No swearing, shouting, drinking or rowdy behaviour, the teens were a pleasure to watch, integrating and having fun.
Not once did we observe any drunkenness or discriminating behaviour against other nationalities from adults, everyone respected each other even throughout the World Cup!
The food in this place is enough to feed an army. I have never seen so much choice, variety and effort put into the buffets. The restaurant staff are very polite, helpful and efficient and are not in your face like some other hotels wanting tips. In fact we were only once asked for a tip from one barman!
Apart from tips and internet (9 euros for week) we didn't spend any money at all as there was nothing to spend it on. Every need was provided although you could if so desired use the spa or buy branded drinks or attend the beach party.
All in all a lovely relaxing week away with a nicer clientele in a beautiful, clean entertaining environment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Direct access to two private beaches, seven pools, live show cooking, free Wi-Fi, Miniclub, spa, all inclusive... The IBEROSTAR Creta Panorama & Mare hotel in Crete is an amazing experience where couples, children and sports lovers alike can relax and enjoy some of the best possible comforts. This is a 4-star beach hotel with a quintessential Mediterranean essence and impressive views of the Aegean Sea. Its three restaurants serve Greek, Italian and international cuisine and its eight bars make sure that you have the best dishes on offer. The 461 rooms, suites, and bungalows of the Creta Panorama & Mare hotel are fully equipped and even the smallest detail has been taken care of, including ample spaces, comfortable beds, terrace or balcony, free Wi-Fi, TV with international channels, air conditioning... Everything you need to guarantee rest and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iberostar Creta Panorama & Mare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Creta Panorama Hotel Panormo
- Iberostar Hotel Creta Panorama
- Iberostar Hotel Panormo
- Iberostar Creta Panorama & Mare Crete/Panormos