My wife and I have just had an amazing holiday at the Iberostar Creta Panorama.
Everything from start to finish was great!
We had a very spacious room next to Maria’s excellent swimming pool bar.
The room, hotel, grounds, staff and all aspects of this beautiful all inclusive resort were perfect.
We relaxed and did very little at first….. The “A” team did not try to coax us into any of the many day and night activities and that was great. We met and in fact became friendly with many of our fellow guests from all over Europe.
The food in all the restaurants was of a constantly high standard , I particularly enjoyed brunch and afternoon tea. Most days we had aperitifs at Georga’s pool bar, she is a delight and makes some excellent cocktails.
The “A” team, Remi, Mihalela, Krassi, Bobby , Stan and all the entertainers worked very hard and with great energy and fun. After several days of kicking back we did take part in several activities, shooting, archery and in particular French Boules. We ; Al, Bex, my wife and I played a wonderful game with 2 French men Tibo and Loren who helped us with the rules.
After dinner we had drinks at the hotel bar or watched the “A” team’s show , which gave us a great laugh. Then at 10.30pm the team ran the disco until 1.30am which I’m proud to say we both enjoyed every night. Although we are an older couple we were made welcome by the staff ( in particular George) and all the younger disco revellers.
The weather was very hot for September around 30 to 35c….we were there from the 7th to the 21st.
Although the resort is not close to much we used the ‘Little Train’ to visit Palormos, a bonny little fishing village about 3 km to the east. Unfortunately - for us all - it broke down on the return journey back to the hotel. The driver was very good and paid for us all to be taxied back. Also on the second Sunday we caught a bus to Rethimnon , well worth a visit. Our goal was to find a bar to watch the big match, all in all a great day as our team won 3.2. The buses are plentiful, some are standard service buses and others are “Hotel” buses for us tourists. On the way there we caught the service bus and on the way back the “Hotel” service which dropped us outside our amazing Hotel.
If you are looking for a high standard Hotel to just relax and kick back, this is for you. On the other hand if you are up for games and more activities such as bingo, darts, table tennis, tennis etc etc then this is the place for you. In fact if you hire a car you could probably explore the whole island in 3 days , and be back for the excellent dinners every night.
Some people said the food was repetitive.…we found Greek, Italian, English, French, Russian in fact we found something enjoyable and different every single meal, do try the puddings - just divine . The burgers are great for lunch as is the Gyros. I could go on and on - but I wont.
To sum up - EXCELLENT- thank you all at the Iberostar Creta Panorama Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Direct access to two private beaches, seven pools, live show cooking, free Wi-Fi, Miniclub, spa, all inclusive... The IBEROSTAR Creta Panorama & Mare hotel in Crete is an amazing experience where couples, children and sports lovers alike can relax and enjoy some of the best possible comforts. This is a 4-star beach hotel with a quintessential Mediterranean essence and impressive views of the Aegean Sea. Its three restaurants serve Greek, Italian and international cuisine and its eight bars make sure that you have the best dishes on offer. The 461 rooms, suites, and bungalows of the Creta Panorama & Mare hotel are fully equipped and even the smallest detail has been taken care of, including ample spaces, comfortable beds, terrace or balcony, free Wi-Fi, TV with international channels, air conditioning... Everything you need to guarantee rest and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iberostar Creta Panorama & Mare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Creta Panorama Hotel Panormo
- Iberostar Hotel Creta Panorama
- Iberostar Hotel Panormo
- Iberostar Creta Panorama & Mare Crete/Panormos