We have spent 10 days in that hotel during mid October 2013 and came to a venue in a 300 people village called Panormos, (Rethymno being 22km away).
very friendly people at all places, very much service-minded personnel, aware of every move one does, bearing with all the kids' complaints and quarrels, and always fault-tolerant. Top!
While there were many outdoor pools (i counted 7!), all of them were not heated and thus empty. a nice scenery for those photo shootings you see about relaxed vacation, but as the water was colder than the Mediterranean Sea, nobody wanted to enter the pools (us included). The central in-door pool was heated yet the combination of chloride plus an overdose of salt led to red eyes immediately after one or two dives - we had to leave here as well.
Believe it or not: not a single power outlet in the bath room - we had to purchase a 5m cable to connect the electric appliances! The separation of kids room from the rest of the room was not well designed either - the kids were between the balcony and the bed room so either you stay in one or the other when you did not want to wake up your little one... Cleaning was OK - when you do not look at details - like some larger piled dust right under your bed, or that there is no vacuum cleaner is used to remove the sand but just a mop.
in case you like fish with oil, steak with oil, potatoes with oil, .xyz with oil - feel at home. for us that was an absolute "oily overdose" - hard to find anything which didnt receive a larger oily bath. Same applies for the pie section - here it was a way too much sugary sweet offer; causing us to avoid that and get back to the fruit and veggie selection.
We had ordered explicitly a "quiet room". The room number "2xx" assigned to us was though actually right above the central in-door presentation hall, and every evening the entertainment program for kids or others kept us awake - forget about early sleep!
So - good when you can afford it - but in general not worth the money you're spending here, unless you'd be willing to accept an above-average standard whilst having your kids entertained (that really worked well).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Marine Palace an all-inclusive Luxury is built like a typical Cretan village. Lemon, mandarin and vanilla-coloured bungalows surround the large swimming pools. A winding path meanders between the main building, the cluster of bungalows on the upper level and the seafront bungalow village. Marine Palace Suites The beautiful Marine Palace Suites are the epitome of luxury and style. The setting is spectacular, a fine cocktail of captivating sea views, blissful serenity combined with the more active life at the Grecotel Club Marine Palace. The suites, built in a peaceful area above the main hotel, encircle a tranquil pool surrounded by free sun beds & umbrellas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grecotel Club Marine Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grecotel Club Marine Palace Hotel Rethymnon
- Grecotel Hotel Marine Palace
- Grecotel Club Marine Palace Crete/Panormos