Sol Y Viento Mountain Hot Springs Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Calamba
Tequesta, Florida
“Relax”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I ve stayed at this mountain retreat last week. The resort is still young and will grow in time. I enjoyed my stay immensely,the staff was very attentive. The biggest issue is the town must try to become more tourists friendly. It also has a problem with pollution via the air. The hotel air quality is superior ,so I would recommend this hotel for a stay to recharge.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank 8562948672

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I love this place! 5 star service, beautiful views, delicious food and excellent amenities,relaxing (clean!!) hot pools! I would go to this place every weekend if I could! There are so many hot spring resorts in this area, but many are very old and run down. Food is a little more expensive, but excellent quality. Sol Y rooms are very clean, amazing views to be had from every angle of the entire resort. If you are going to make the drive, then spend a little extra on this place - its sooo worth it!

Room Tip: Because it is built into the side of a mountain, inform them when booking if stairs are a problem fo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank MelissaC_802014
Muntinlupa, Philippines
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Excellent facilities. Nice view of the mountain tops. A very relaxing place. We had a retreat/recollection and the place really helps us reflect. Worth the price we pay. A good place for seminars, retreat and, simply, for unwinding.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank carlamay01
Mandaluyong, Philippines
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Our family booked 2 cabanas last March 22, 2014 (overnight). Got the promo at Metrodeal. When we got there, we were really amused by the breathtaking views, and it's kinda windy that day. Well for me, the place was really amazing compare to other hotspring resorts in Pansol. We arrived around 12nn and the front desk attendant told us that we cannot check in yet. 2pm is the check in time. By the way, this girl doesnt seem to know what she was doing and not to mention very snobbish. Whenever we asked questions, she will always turn to his manager to ask. Good thing this guy manager was really accommodating and very friendly.

When we finally checked in, the cabanas looked really nice and the jacuzzi and all. They have microwave, kettle, ref. Anyway, here's the worst thing. The water in the shower and in the faucet were EXTREMELY HOT and there was no way to adjust it! We called housekeeping, front desk, the manager. They said at that time there was a problem with their waterline and they were fixing it already, and it will be ok in a few hours. They just gave us medium sized pail of water to use for bathing. Well, we dont have a choice. And when they said it will be fixed in a few a hours? No. They lied. Came the next morning, time for check out. It was still the same SCALDING HOT WATER! again, we used the pail. And did I mention that the water coming out of the faucet was so weak, it took about 15-20 mins to fill the pail! I was so impatient to wait for the water to be filled, so I ended up washing and rinsing my waist long hair in the jacuzzi.

I hope resorts management will improve their facilities. As much as I want to recommend the place, I cant. And I wont.

I hope that they will fix those flaws immediately, maybe then I will come back. Sayang, ang ganda pa naman ng lugar nila. I would say na high end ang dating nila pero turn off lang talaga yung ganong problem sa facility nila.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank kengstrange
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed last week for the Holy Week to enjoy with my whole family. When we get there we were greeted by all staff as if we were they know us, as we can see there were a lot of people coming in and out of the resort ,Tho it was quite crowded in the lobby the staff tend not to look like in a hurry and be professionals. we arrived early, so we were informed that we could already swim by that time while waiting, they have set up tables and chairs cos there were no gazebo available anymore, I noticed that guests like us can't use the upper part of the gazebo bcos there were no umbrellas so we preferred the t and chairs. While swimming u can see the great view so u can really feel that ambiance in the province. The room we got is a cabana with an indoor jacuzzi which I really enjoyed and the room was nice cos there's tv,kitchenette ,t nd chairs outside so we could grill nd eat outside but no wifi. The only thing I did not like is that there were no set up of plates and utensils which I have to request in the recep to have it. But it was brought fast after. Food in the resto was nice but depends on your order. We had a dinner buffet at the pool area whch my kids enjoyed .To summary our trip, it was a great trip for holy week, great view, nice rooms, reasonable price, professional staff nd willing to help, relaxing ambiance, food is nice, and we will visit the resort again!

Stayed April 2014
Malabon, Philippines
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We were looking for an out-of town trip for my wife's birthday and we found this Hotspring Resort as we were browsing through the internet. We were enticed by the nice photos on their website plus the fact that its not that far from Manila. So we made reservation on their website for a two (2) nights stay in one of their cabana rooms.
Arriving at the resort compound, you'll be met by a security guard at the gate who will point you to an open parking area about a few meters walk from the administration/ reception building. Upon confirming your reservation with the admin staff, you'll be transported by one of their golf carts back to your car to get your things then brought to your assigned cabana room. The cabana room is not that spacious but clean and its got everything you need, a window-type aircon, minibar (personal ref and microwave), cabled television, a queen sized-bed, hot and cold shower and an indoor hotspring jacuzzi, while outside you'll find a grill and a sink for outdoor barbecue. The first thing we noticed upon settling down in our room was the poor internet signal in this area (both for Globe and Smart), a warning for those who are planning to mix work with pleasure in this resort.
They have four (4) outdoor swimming pools (one big cold-water pool, one medium sized hotspring pool and two small sized hotspring pools). Each of their three (3) hotspring pools have a temperature gauge and underwater jacuzzi jets. Our kids had a great time swimming from day to night since the water is warm in these three pools, though the setback is that the water coming from their hotspring source tend to get so hot. Certainly, stressed adults will find it relaxing while dipped in one of these three "jacuzzi pools", staring at the mountain and laguna bay views.
They have a restaurant at the second floor of the admin building and the veranda tables have a good view of the laguna bay. This restaurant has a hotel-priced menu but not that good-tasting. So after having our lunch and dinner on our first day, we opted for food delivery with the nearby fastfood chains for our succeeding meals (the resort charges 12% corkage of your total bill for every outside food delivery orders).
Overall we had a nice experience and what stood out was the courteous staff who were always willing to attend to our every requests. Much of the resort compound was still under development when we were there in March 2014 and looking at the ongoing constructions, I say that this resort has a good potential to becoming one of the best travel destinations south of manila.

Room Tip: lower numbered cabanas have a better view. Cabana 1 is the best
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Al C
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

For an expensive entrance fee for a day tour I do not think its worth it. There are only 2 medium sized and 2 jacuzzi-like pools. Deepest is not even at 6ft. Landscape is not well maintained. Trees are sick or mutilated. Almost no house rules here. They promised us that they will get table cloth for our table but until the time we left nothing is provided. The only goo thing I guess is the view. It seems that this resort is halfway done. Good thing we did not stay overnight.

I am actually easy to please but there is nothing pleasing here. Coke in can is at 68 pesos and mineral water 250ml (I think) costs 40+ pesos. With altitude comes the price.

Will not come here again!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Benilda R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calamba
Seda Nuvali
88 Hotspring Resort
88 Hotspring Resort
#1 of 3 in Pagsanjan
Rockpoint Hotsprings Resort - Hotel and Spa

Been to Sol Y Viento Mountain Hot Springs Resort? Share your experiences!