“Hot spring in the room” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sol Y Viento Mountain Hot Springs Resort

Sol Y Viento Mountain Hot Springs Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Calamba
Makati, Philippines
“Hot spring in the room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

_hospitable staff
_hot spring in the private room
_nice view, quiet place
_food is ok
_allowed to bring in food and cook

_Not all food in the menu were available
_long walk to the pool area from the private room
_air conditioning at the resto wasnt working

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank percydcat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Batangas City, Batangas City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

we booked a cabana room on may 18, 2014.. the place was so beautiful although there are some constructions going on... the staffs were super friendly and always ready to assist us.. i requested a dinner date setup in advance for our anniversary dinner and it was worth every penny that i paid.. the arrangement was romantic although it was a bit windy because the resort is almost at the top of the mountain... the waiter assisting us delivered all the food from the restaurant on the second floor to our location at the pool area on one of the gazebos. he did a really good job... this is the best celebration of our wedding anniversary.. we are planning to go back during this year's sembreak so that our 3 kids can come with us too... love this place.. ^_^

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Aldrin M
Tequesta, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I ve stayed at this mountain retreat last week. The resort is still young and will grow in time. I enjoyed my stay immensely,the staff was very attentive. The biggest issue is the town must try to become more tourists friendly. It also has a problem with pollution via the air. The hotel air quality is superior ,so I would recommend this hotel for a stay to recharge.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank 8562948672
New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I love this place! 5 star service, beautiful views, delicious food and excellent amenities,relaxing (clean!!) hot pools! I would go to this place every weekend if I could! There are so many hot spring resorts in this area, but many are very old and run down. Food is a little more expensive, but excellent quality. Sol Y rooms are very clean, amazing views to be had from every angle of the entire resort. If you are going to make the drive, then spend a little extra on this place - its sooo worth it!

Room Tip: Because it is built into the side of a mountain, inform them when booking if stairs are a problem fo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank MelissaC_802014
Muntinlupa, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Excellent facilities. Nice view of the mountain tops. A very relaxing place. We had a retreat/recollection and the place really helps us reflect. Worth the price we pay. A good place for seminars, retreat and, simply, for unwinding.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank carlamay01
Mandaluyong, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Our family booked 2 cabanas last March 22, 2014 (overnight). Got the promo at Metrodeal. When we got there, we were really amused by the breathtaking views, and it's kinda windy that day. Well for me, the place was really amazing compare to other hotspring resorts in Pansol. We arrived around 12nn and the front desk attendant told us that we cannot check in yet. 2pm is the check in time. By the way, this girl doesnt seem to know what she was doing and not to mention very snobbish. Whenever we asked questions, she will always turn to his manager to ask. Good thing this guy manager was really accommodating and very friendly.

When we finally checked in, the cabanas looked really nice and the jacuzzi and all. They have microwave, kettle, ref. Anyway, here's the worst thing. The water in the shower and in the faucet were EXTREMELY HOT and there was no way to adjust it! We called housekeeping, front desk, the manager. They said at that time there was a problem with their waterline and they were fixing it already, and it will be ok in a few hours. They just gave us medium sized pail of water to use for bathing. Well, we dont have a choice. And when they said it will be fixed in a few a hours? No. They lied. Came the next morning, time for check out. It was still the same SCALDING HOT WATER! again, we used the pail. And did I mention that the water coming out of the faucet was so weak, it took about 15-20 mins to fill the pail! I was so impatient to wait for the water to be filled, so I ended up washing and rinsing my waist long hair in the jacuzzi.

I hope resorts management will improve their facilities. As much as I want to recommend the place, I cant. And I wont.

I hope that they will fix those flaws immediately, maybe then I will come back. Sayang, ang ganda pa naman ng lugar nila. I would say na high end ang dating nila pero turn off lang talaga yung ganong problem sa facility nila.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank kengstrange
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed last week for the Holy Week to enjoy with my whole family. When we get there we were greeted by all staff as if we were they know us, as we can see there were a lot of people coming in and out of the resort ,Tho it was quite crowded in the lobby the staff tend not to look like in a hurry and be professionals. we arrived early, so we were informed that we could already swim by that time while waiting, they have set up tables and chairs cos there were no gazebo available anymore, I noticed that guests like us can't use the upper part of the gazebo bcos there were no umbrellas so we preferred the t and chairs. While swimming u can see the great view so u can really feel that ambiance in the province. The room we got is a cabana with an indoor jacuzzi which I really enjoyed and the room was nice cos there's tv,kitchenette ,t nd chairs outside so we could grill nd eat outside but no wifi. The only thing I did not like is that there were no set up of plates and utensils which I have to request in the recep to have it. But it was brought fast after. Food in the resto was nice but depends on your order. We had a dinner buffet at the pool area whch my kids enjoyed .To summary our trip, it was a great trip for holy week, great view, nice rooms, reasonable price, professional staff nd willing to help, relaxing ambiance, food is nice, and we will visit the resort again!

Stayed April 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calamba
Seda Nuvali
View Park Hotel
#4 of 25 in Tagaytay
One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites
Riverview Resort & Conference Center

Been to Sol Y Viento Mountain Hot Springs Resort? Share your experiences!