My wife and I spent one night at Vista Atenas based on a strong recommendation from a friend. This was our first night in CR, and Vista Atenas is a fantastic place to stay if you've flown into San Jose. It's about a 45 minute drive from the airport, and is up in the mountains with a spectacular view of the valley with the town of Atenas just below. Jonathon, the manager, was very accommodating and service oriented. He carried our bags from the car to the room, and ensured we were comfortable.
The owner, Vera, was very welcoming and within an hour of our arrival took us around the back of the property to show us some local wildlife that inhabits her property. It was raining, but once my wife mentioned that she is an animal lover Vera offered to immediately show us a sloth hanging from a tree about 15 yards from the back of the building. She ended up spending about an hour and a half with us the next day giving us a tour of the garden as well as a lot of tips on traveling in CR as we were CR newbies.
Views are spectacular, breakfast was very good. This will be our first stopping point and night's stay for all of our future trips to Costa Rica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A short 35 minutes from San José International Airport, the lush rolling countryside, with its bountiful fruit orchards and sweeping valley vistas, magically transforms as you ascend the winding mountain road that brings you to the vibrant celestial mosaic that surrounds Vista Atenas B&B. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Vista Atenas Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vista Atenas Bed And Breakfast
- Vista Atenas Hotel Atenas
- Vista Atenas Bed & Breakfast Costa Rica