“Wow!”

Walter's Taxi and Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 4 things to do in Atenas
More attraction details
Owner description: I offer personalized private tours anywhere in Costa Rica. Do you need a taxi, van, plane or boat? I am a licensed tour operator and commercial licensed pilot. I will be happy to help. I speak English. I grew up in Atenas, Costa Rica and have been providing my personal tours for over 10 years.
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We are a family of five, including three kids ages 13, 10 and four. We used Walters service for two day trips one to Monte Verde and the other to Arenal. I just don't know where to begin. Walter is an absolute standup guy! His most important priority is safety. He is an excellent driver who knows the roads like the back of his hand and more importantly how to navigate the many treacherous stretches along the way to must see attractions. His vehicle is is in excellent mechanical condition, extremely important when traversing winding,narrow, steep gradient roads with long stretches of nothing along the way. His service is fully insured and the vehicle certified and inspected by Costa Rican authorities. That's the business side of Walter, professional and safe.

Then there is Walter the person. So knowledgeable and friendly and easygoing, a good conversationalist and someone that has your best interest at heart. His tours are GREAT. They flow without being rushed and half of the fun is getting there. And regardless of where you go or what sights you see Walter is there every step of the way, making sure that your needs are met, acting as translator and diplomat if any question arises. We travel extensively around the world and we can say without a doubt that our trip to Cost Rica is among the best we have ever done. A big reason for this is because of Walters tours. Our trip would not have been as great without Walter. When we left Walter after our second day trip we parted as friends. We will look forward to seeing him again on our next trip to Cost Rica. Thanks Walter for making our trip so special.

1  Thank Missy B
Walter R, Public Relations Manager at Walter's Taxi and Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

We are so happy you enjoyed your tours with Walter, 'Missy B'. It sounds like safety is an important aspect of a successful vacation and as you've pointed out, that is Walter's top priority. He enjoyed taking you to Arenal and Monteverde. Come back soon!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

This was our third year with Walter and each year he surprises us with new tours and places. I couldn't think of going to Costa Rica and not using his services. Walter makes everything easy, you get in the van and he takes care of everything, it is stress free!! He gives new meaning to "Pura Vida." Thanks Walter for another wonderful year and we are looking forward to next year.

'bibliognostic' you know Costa Rica! It's all about being stress free and Pura Vida! Please come back and visit soon.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Walter is a fabulous tour guide and driver. He was very attentive to explaining our route of travel and made our reservations for the venues we visited. He is knowledgeable about Costa Rica and knows his country very well. Not only does he do tours on land but he also does aerial tours out of the San Jose airport. He is well spoken in both English and Spanish, and is a coffee grower, selling his own brand of Fifth Generation Coffee. We highly recommend his services.

1  Thank Shirley L

Thanks for the kind words 'Shirley L'. I'm glad you enjoyed Walter's coffee. Please come see us again soon.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I have to admit, Walter was definitely one of the highlights of our trip, along with Luiz and Elias. We had thought we'd rent a car after seeing what it was like in town...so glad we didn't! Walter took us to La Paz and Poás and really enhanced our tour by explaining about coffee and other things along the way. He took the kids (20s-30s, not children) out to Jaco Beach, leaving us to spend a quiet day in the pool. He always chatted when we ran into him in town and when he wasn't available to taxi to/from dinner on short notice, he found someone else to make sure we had a ride. Walter's Taxi is worth every penny, especially after walking that hill in Roca Verde a couple of times! And don't miss getting some of his family's Fifth Generation Coffee!

We're so happy to read you had a fabulous time in Costa Rica, 'Sharon G'. You saw two awesome places in Costa Rica - the volcano and waterfalls! We miss seeing you around town. Be sure to come back and visit.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

My first time in Costa Rica I used several different methods of traveling around the country (plane, public transportation and personalized tour) and I have to say I prefer the personalized tours that Walter offers. He is a very hard working, safety conscious but most of all a fun tour guide! Because he has worked in the United States he knows what "North American" customers expect: on time/schedule, value for their money, and unique, individualized experiences. The nice thing is, you tell Walter what you'd like to experience and see and he always has suggestions and recommendations but lets you decide in the end. His van is comfortable, air conditioned (as are his taxis). I haven't flown with him (as I'm queasy when it comes to little planes). I have hired Walter with a group as small as 3 of us to a large group of intergenerational gang of 8. The best is when you see a fruit stand at the side of the road as you're heading to your destination and Walter will spontaneously offer to pull over so your group can explore and purchase. I would highly recommend you getting in contact with Walter's Taxi and Day Tours and explore your options.

Thanks 'PolyglotTraveller' for recommending our services. We're happy you enjoyed your visit to Costa Rica and taking tours with Walter's Taxi and Tours. Come back soon.