“Heaven on earth”

Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Heaven on earth”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

A little difficult to get to but all ways forgotten once we arrived. Really an amazing place. Beautiful relaxing I wanted to check out of corporate America and move in. To me it was heaven. Not much to do, but that made it perfect. The food was great and the hormigas colonas (fat butt ants) we interesting to eat. Cool experience. The host and help were so very nice. Really great experience. If you want to be at the Ritz it is not but if you want to connect with nature relax, perfect place

Villavicencio, Colombia
“Excellent Food Relaxing atmosphere”
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We had a relaxing lunch enjoying the table service, hammocks and aquarium. The food was excellent and fresh. I was a little disappointed not to see any hormigas on the menu but the four of us were all very happy with our meals. They are closed on Tuesdays.

Visited January 2013
Courchevel, France
“Best salad I had in Colombia”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I was not very hungry and asked for a salad, it came with such a nice presentation, fresh, delicious ! I also had such a great pinapple and mint fresh juice. Very good value, funny decoration and the waitress was very nice. Recommended !

Visited September 2011
Bogota
“great food”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

nice place, good menu, using the ants as a fundamental. The only observation: takes so long to prepare the meals, so come prepare to wait!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank LUCABogota
Hong Kong
“The best ant-steak I've ever had :)”
Reviewed 7 September 2011

This restaurant is recommended all over the place (guidebooks, hostels, etc.) for their ant sauce. Indeed the steak with ants that I had was really very good. Not that I'm a connoisseur of ants, but they really were palatable. Defininetly worth a try. And the steak, salad, juice and bread were all excellent as well. This is definitely a more well-to-do restaurant than most in the area so prices are double or more what you'd pay elsewhere. But excellent service and environment makes it in my mind well worth it.