Galvin's Edge Hill Bed and Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Edge Hill
See available hotels
Reef Palms(Cairns)
Oasis Inn(Cairns)
View Hotel
All reviewsb bevery morningfresh fruitswimming poolgracious hoststheir beautiful homelarge living areaenjoyed our stayhome away from homerestaurants and shopsfirst floorliving roomfrench pressedport douglasjulietropicalairport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at over 10 different accommodations during our 5 week holiday, and Galvin's Edge was our favorite! The value is incredible! You get a huge space, and it is totally private. The hosts are very friendly and accommodating, but not intrusive at all. The pool and garden in the back are spectacular!! The breakfast was very substantial and fresh, and often was enough food to tide us over through lunch, too! We were able to do laundry and have high speed internet access for free. It truely feels like a tropical paradise! We were also walking distance from the red arrow and blue arrow hiking trails, and the botanical gardens. We would highly recommend Galvin's Edge!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Kbrickne
Tropicallows, Owner at Galvin's Edge Hill Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2013

Many thanks for your very kind review. We enjoyed meeting you both and are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope the rest of your travels went well. Best regards, Julie and Jesse

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Staying with Julie and Jesse was a wonderful experience. Both are very sweet, caring and knowledgeable about the area. Their accommodations were exceptional. We always had free Wi-Fi and Julie had delicious fresh fruit for us every morning along with our breakfast provided in a very comfortable apartment. They provided transportation whenever possible so getting around was very easy. We enjoyed staying at this bed and breakfast, a lovely place indeed! I would recommend this B&B to anyone (singles, families and couples).......it was one of the best and we were in Australia almost a month.

Room Tip: There is bus service right down the road and a grocery store nearby.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Diann H
Tropicallows, Owner at Galvin's Edge Hill Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2012

Thank you for your very kind review. It was a pleasure having you stay and we were so pleased to hear you enjoyed your dive trip, despite having a cold! Hope you have a very enjoyable festive season and our very best wishes for the new year. Regards, Julie and Jesse

Reviewed 14 November 2012

We found Galvin's Edge on AirBnB, and though the Air site was frustrating, staying at Galvin's Edge was definitely NOT! Julie and Jesse have a bit of paradise tucked away just on the outskirts of Cairns, and our two night stay with my partner, my daughter, and her husband, was just what we needed.

Less than 10 minutes from the airport, easy to get to, and so easy to settle into our two-bedroom, bath, living room and kitchen area. A step out the back door to a lovely swimming pool surrounded by a tropical garden. Julie and Jesse made us feel so at home, stocking our fridge for breakfasts, with fresh plates of tropical fruits, yogurts, breads, cheese, coffee, tea, jam . . . I could go on . . .

We would definitely stay here again, and encourage others to consider it. I had a bit of unexpected business to do while I was there, and Jesse graciously copied, scanned and e-mailed for me so I didn't have to worry about the issue for the rest of my vacation.

Thanks, Julie and Jesse. You made us feel so welcome, and we hope to be back!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WoodswomanJet
Tropicallows, Owner at Galvin's Edge Hill Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2012

We loved having you stay and getting to know you. Thank you for your kind review. Hope you got a great view of the 'totality' of the eclipse. We look forward to meeting again one day.
Best regards

Reviewed 11 July 2012

Gracious hosts Julie and Jesse made our stay at Galvins just like a stay at home. Everything that we could have asked for in a holiday home was available. I cannot forget my first interaction with Julie when I requested for a booking and she refused an advance deposit but confirmed that the booking was reserved for us. A warm welcome awaited us when we landed at Cairns. A fridge full of goodies, a plate of fresh tropical fruits cut by Julie every morning and left quietly in the Fridge, yummy yogurt cups...I could go on. Wish my time had allowed me a longer stay in Cairns.
Julie , Jesse and their family are lovely hosts and we promise to return to this tropical heaven. Highly recommended for families.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind review. We're so pleased you enjoyed your time with us. We really enjoyed having you stay.
Best wishes

Reviewed 8 July 2012

Easy to find, easy to set-up, and so very easy to enjoy! The location was great, close to the round about at Edge Hill, where there was a bus stop and numerous fun restaurants. My husband, daughter and I stayed for 5 nights and wished it could have been longer.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Thanks so much for your kind review. Hope the rest of your travels went well.
All the best