“Good value”

Ranked #111 of 187 Hotels in Bophut
Hamburg, Germany
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

I stayed 13 nights at this hotel. Perfect cost effectiveness - 1000,- Baht (about 25,-€)- for me. I don't need a pool, only a quiet, well airconditioned and clean room with a little safe and a reliable chambermaid. There was always (24 hours) somebody on duty at the reception opposite the entrance. Therefore I felt very safe here too. . Extra services like laundry and some breakfasts and beers were charged reasonably. My room number was 405. As other reviews stated before: Very friendly and helpful staff. A family run hotel. I felt always welcome and at home here. It is of course a professional friendliness, but nevertheless a very pleasant experience. I wish we had more of this attitude towards customers in Germany.
The hotel's internet access downstairs was unfortunately out of order for the time being there, but WLAN/WiFI for my iPhone worked perfectly.

I would book again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank FullmoononChaweng

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Thai first
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

We are here on our honeymoon and didn't have the budget for a fancy resort but we didn't want to chance it in a guest house. Chewing Tara was a great compromise...it's a great location, great room and great service without all the bells and whistles we didn't really need for this leg of our trip. The hotel is located directly across the street from a quiet beach lined by a few resorts and several quaint beach restaurants and bars. The hustle and bustle of Chaweng proper is only a short 5-10 minute cab/scooter ride away and both of these are easy to come by. We are grateful for the fre wifi and the helpful staff who arranged for laundry service for us and recommended/booked two day trips for us to enjoy while we're here. Perfect for travelers on a budget...but not on a shoestring.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank NCGrif
Newcastle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

Stayed here for just one night on our way to Koh Tao. The hotel was situated just across the road from the beach at Chaweng Noi. The rooms were modern, simple, large and clean. It's easy to hop on the back of one of the buses that come by on a regular basis into Chaweng town on the night time. Staff are friendly and provide towels for the beach. They have a little shop in reception where you can buy snacks, cans of pop and beer. If you want to be near a nice quiet beach but still within a short distance to the nightlife of Chaweng then this hotel is ideal. You can’t beat the room rates, it was very cheap for the location and ideal for our short 1 night stay.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lotty24
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

What this family run hotel might not have when it comes to location and amenities, it has so richly in service, friendliness and authenticity. This family - mama Tara and papa Tara as I call them, will do everything for you. They are the nicest people I have met in Thailand. And I've met many nice people in Thailand. Believe me, you will not regret staying at this hotel. Just make sure to ask for the right room. They have rooms to the busy road and rooms to the quiet tropical garden.They have plain rooms with all the basic things you need: big fridge, tub, shower, TV etc. And they have luxury rooms. Your choice. No, the hotel is not on the beach, but it only takes a few minutes to get there. And no, it has no pool, but all the hotels on Chaweng Noi beach have pools and they will let you swim in them as long as you buy a few drinks. Chaweng Noi is not a busy beach. It's small, quiet and beautiful, the water is clear, there's a sala and a few bars and restaurants. All you need for a peaceful, relaxing time. Oh, and by the way - go up to the Jungle Club to enjoy a meal, a swim and the stunning view. It's right behind Tara. Order the jeep to come and pick you up - no ordinary car will take you there.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank Spirits-in-the-night
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

We stayed here as a break between small island hopping so the location was not a problem for us. However if you want to be in the heart of the action bear in mind you will need a scooter. The hotel rents them for 250baht a day.

The hotel itself was very clean and nicely furnished. The front desk staff were exceptionally helpful and answered all our questions!

We would recommend this hotel if you are looking to stay on the island in comfort and dip in and out if the city centre

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank ALP333
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2011

I stayed here from the 3rd of March till the 11th of March (so technically I'm still here before moving on) and it really is a great place to stay. It's a little bit out of chaweng, so if you do want to be in the centre, maybe it isn't for you. But to be honest it's not an entirely bad thing to be away from the hustle and bustle of Chawengs main strip.
The staff are always welcoming and upon my arrival they went out of their way to get me a drink, which was nice considering i'd been travelling for 24 hours!
The rooms are cleaned daily and I always have new sheets on my bed. They also leave 2 bottles of water in my fridge everyday!
If you're a smoker, don't worry, they do provide smoking areas on the balconies!
The only thing I can't comment on is the food, because I haven't had any here. There are loads of places to eat though in either direction and there is a convenience store just a 10 minute walk away.

The only downside, and to be honest, it's a small price to pay, is that it is on the main ring road so the traffic outside is pretty constant.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank James5245
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2011

A lovely family run hotel, rooms are really nice and spacious. The staff were friendly and always showed an interest in what we were doing.

• Stayed March 2011